Windows 10: Cannot copy ~80Gigs from MicroSD to HDD

Discus and support Cannot copy ~80Gigs from MicroSD to HDD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I am brand new here. Sorry if this is jumbled... I have about 80Gigs of mp3s, pictures and videos of various formats up to 4K on my UHS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jreynolds311, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Cannot copy ~80Gigs from MicroSD to HDD

Hi everyone. I am brand new here. Sorry if this is jumbled...

I have about 80Gigs of mp3s, pictures and videos of various formats up to 4K on my UHS Class 1 micro SD card but my new Samsung galaxy S9 is repeatedly telling me that there is something wrong with the card. It worked perfectly all the time back in my old S7. So, I purchased a new 128G card in case the other one is going bad. I was hoping to first copy everything to computer then copy to new card after formatting it in the phone.

I have tried this all in 2 separate Windows 10 machines. I have a standard SD card adapter that I put the micro SD into then use the standard SD card slot on my laptops. I also have an external USB 3.0 card reader that has been tried.

The problem I encounter:
    As soon as the transfer starts, The computer calculates the size and counts the 11,000 some files, then starts moving ~20MBps and fluctuates for a few seconds up and down from 10-20... then less than a minute in it drops to 0... and just stays there. I have left it for hours. I have also tried going SD Card to SD Card using both adapters. I have run the CHKDSK via command prompt and used the 'error checking' thru the tools tab on properties.
    Now I'm trying 3rd party tools to recover files but I think the one that is running now(and will be running for the next day) is only identifying deleted files and copying them to my hard drive.

Please help me if you can advise any way I can get this simple copy/paste function working. Nowhere can I find info on a transfer that initializes, starts then just arbitrarily stops.

Thanks so much

:)

jreynolds311, Nov 29, 2018
  2. cmlmstf Win User
    cmlmstf, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Krazy Owl Win User
    What software to copy HDD ?

I got everything already installed on a 250gigs hdd and wanna transfer the whole setup to a 320gig more recent hdd.

I want it really simple.

Do I just copy and paste the C: to send it to the other drive or i use a software you can suggest me?

I will just open the case plug in the free hdd and copy files there. Then after screw it there and close the case.

Thank you.

Krazy Owl, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

Cannot copy ~80Gigs from MicroSD to HDD

Thema:

Cannot copy ~80Gigs from MicroSD to HDD

1. Cannot copy ~80Gigs from MicroSD to HDD - Similar Threads - Cannot copy ~80Gigs

2. Cannot move/copy folders from External HDD to External HDD.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot move/copy folders from External HDD to External HDD.: [ATTACH] After starting the move/copy of the given folder, the explorer starts calculating but instead of starting the process, quickly completes (animates 0% to 100% complete) but the folder did not get moved or copied. Happens when trying to move/copy folders larger then...
  3. Copy files from HDD to Phone MicroSD stops middle of operation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy files from HDD to Phone MicroSD stops middle of operation: Hello out there, I've got roughly around 90GB of Music I wanted to copy from my HDD to in my phone's Galaxy Note 10 inserted microSD-card. The thing is it always ends the copy operation after about 23,5GB. No error, no Information. Nothing. Rinse and repeat, same happens....
  4. Copy data from HDD to HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy data from HDD to HDD: I need to copy 1.5TB of data (audio/video) onto a new 4TB drive and wondered if anyone had recommendations. I need to keep the data on the source drive. Free is good. I did read a post here that suggested Robocopy, but that seems a bit daunting for an old fogie like me....
  5. Cannot write to microSD card

Cannot write to microSD card: I needed to spin up a new instance of Raspbian so I ran up balenaEtcher and tried to burn to a brand new Sandisk 16GB card using a Sandisk ImageMate PRO. The operation failed. Grabbed another (not new) microSD which I confirmed was working and tried again with that one....
  6. Cannot copy files to external HDD or internal spare HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot copy files to external HDD or internal spare HDD: Hello Everyone, I cannot copy files to any external HDD. I have also added a spare internal HDD to my HP pavilion 15 gaming laptop for extra storage and cannot copy files to this either. I have tried two external HDDs and they are two different brands so I am assuming this...
  7. Boot from microSD

Boot from microSD: The only history I could find on this subject was about 18 months ago, and that’s was just in general asking ‘can you’ https://reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/9fbdi9/can_windows_10_boot_from_microsd/ I have my 256 gb microSD card formatted and ready to go, and I plan to use...
  8. BSOD when copying files from external HDD to external HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when copying files from external HDD to external HDD: Long story short, I've purchased a 5TB WD Mypassport USB C HDD to replace my 4tb wd my passport and I'm usding syncback to copy over about 2.8TB of backups and what not Twice now I've had it crash while running. I've come back to it and found it has restarted. found the...
  9. Copy files from external HDD to internal HDD faster!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy files from external HDD to internal HDD faster!: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, I have an external HDD of 465 GB and I have 360 GB of space. Please tell me how I can quickly copy files to my internal HDD, how to download speed (move), or if you know any program for this or changes to Quick Move Registry. I mention that I tried...
  10. How to use a microsd card as the hdd storage?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to use a microsd card as the hdd storage?: Hello, How to use a mcrosd card as the hdd storage on tablet pc (os wndows 10 64bit) ? 49914