Windows 10: Cannot copy a 75GB folder to my SSD with 125GB free...

Discus and support Cannot copy a 75GB folder to my SSD with 125GB free... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all. I am trying to copy a folder containing 7 items, the largest being 74.1GB to my SSD drive C: but the copying process seems to want more space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HelloDanUK, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Cannot copy a 75GB folder to my SSD with 125GB free...

Hi all.

I am trying to copy a folder containing 7 items, the largest being 74.1GB to my SSD drive C: but the copying process seems to want more space than there is available.

The copy process gets to about 95% then says it needs about another 4GB of space.

I can't understand what is going on here as I have more space available than the size of the folder I am copying.

Can somebody help please!

:)

HelloDanUK, Mar 17, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Mar 17, 2020
  4. enso Win User

Cannot copy a 75GB folder to my SSD with 125GB free...

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

Cannot copy a 75GB folder to my SSD with 125GB free...

1. Cannot copy a 75GB folder to my SSD with 125GB free... - Similar Threads - Cannot copy 75GB

2. Cannot copy folders and it's content from local C:\ to external SSD drive!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot copy folders and it's content from local C:\ to external SSD drive!!!: No error message, no alert at all. What the fxxk is this rubbish, Microsoft!?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-copy-folders-and-its-content-from-local-c/f2d9067c-5908-4608-9764-132c76eb7e20
  3. Cannot copy folders and it's content from local C:\ to external SSD drive!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot copy folders and it's content from local C:\ to external SSD drive!!!: No error message, no alert at all. What the fxxk is this rubbish, Microsoft!?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-copy-folders-and-its-content-from-local-c/f2d9067c-5908-4608-9764-132c76eb7e20
  4. Cannot copy documents folder in cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot copy documents folder in cmd: My wife's computer died and won't boot. We plan on doing a fresh reinstall but want to save a few files first. Some of these files are in the documents folder. I have cmd running from a boot drive and when I try to xcopy to the folder it says "file creation error - the file...
  5. Cannot copy documents folder in cmd

Cannot copy documents folder in cmd: My wife's computer died and won't boot. We plan on doing a fresh reinstall but want to save a few files first. Some of these files are in the documents folder. I have cmd running from a boot drive and when I try to xcopy to the folder it says "file creation error - the file...
  6. Cannot copy documents folder in cmd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. How to copy windows 11 to a SSD for free

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to copy windows 11 to a SSD for free: I have a laptop with HDD. And it is to slow to load windows. So I decided to upgrade it to a SSD. But now I don't even know how to copy the windows to the SSD . If there anyone Know about the solution please answer....
  8. How to copy windows 11 to a SSD for free

How to copy windows 11 to a SSD for free: I have a laptop with HDD. And it is to slow to load windows. So I decided to upgrade it to a SSD. But now I don't even know how to copy the windows to the SSD . If there anyone Know about the solution please answer....
  9. Cannot copy and paste in pictures folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot copy and paste in pictures folder: I have an HP Pavillion DV7. Great computer. I have been able to copy and paste to Picture Folder since 2012. In the past I have copied from Word Documents, Power Point, the Internet and email account and successfully pasted in Pictures. After a recent update my computer has...
  10. Cannot copy file or folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot copy file or folder: Hey guys, I have an Android phone and a windows pc with 2TB harddrive ,i have to copy files from android to pc but I have encountered an error saying "Error copying File or folder" -> "The requested resource is in use" Help me with this issue guy's and formatting the disk...