Windows 10: Cannot copy and paste, result with a ".dmp" message

Discus and support Cannot copy and paste, result with a ".dmp" message in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just installed Windows 10 64 bit 1803 on a new desktop. Now one month down the road all of a sudden intermittently when I copy and paste text the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by blackshark3, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Cannot copy and paste, result with a ".dmp" message

I just installed Windows 10 64 bit 1803 on a new desktop. Now one month down the road all of a sudden intermittently when I copy and paste text the result would become only "C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-11-04--04-49-44_.dmp". I also found the C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\ folder generated thousands of these .dmp files of similar file names, and they keep generating. I have never seen this before in any of my over 10 other Win 10 machines. At first it happened in Google Chrome when I tried to copy and paste a URL, then Word/Excel does the same. At times a simple restart of Win 10 stop that, but sometimes this persists. Can someone help to cure this?

:)

blackshark3, Nov 1, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

how do I copy and paste

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing?

• Are you not able to copy or paste the files?

• What exactly happens when you try to copy the files?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• To copy
      Ctrl + C
    • To Paste ctrl + V
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Nov 1, 2018
  3. Copy/pasting numbers into Messaging, always result in duplicates

Sometimes, when I need to spread the message quickly to various people, I copy the list of numbers from Excel Spreadsheet into OneNote, on my Surface (e.g. +6592378379; +6598009265; "+6598362851..." Then on my phone, I conveniently copy-paste them to messaging
    app. Sending has never been easier. However, every time I copy-paste it, all the numbers (except the first number) would duplicate. Please assist me with this issue. Thank you.

Hilary David Teo, Nov 1, 2018
  4. Cannot copy and paste, result with a ".dmp" message

how do you read the BSOD error message?

good question *Wink Cannot copy and paste, result with a ".dmp" message ;)

i have a suggestion

copy and paste the dmp file into a different location and then rename it txt

see if that helps

i hope you know how to change file extentions *Smile Cannot copy and paste, result with a ".dmp" message :)

dr emulator (madmax), Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

Cannot copy and paste, result with a ".dmp" message

1. Cannot copy and paste, result with a ".dmp" message - Similar Threads - Cannot copy paste

2. cannot copy and paste

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot copy and paste: when I try and copy and paste, it works sometimes but other times not and have to restart my computer to get this working each time. is there a fix to this please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-copy-and-paste/1f31a423-e466-4bde-b3d9-8d4a9e301ee5
  3. cannot copy and paste

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot copy and paste: when I try and copy and paste, it works sometimes but other times not and have to restart my computer to get this working each time. is there a fix to this please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-copy-and-paste/1f31a423-e466-4bde-b3d9-8d4a9e301ee5
  4. Copy and Paste result gets jumbled text?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy and Paste result gets jumbled text?: I am unsure why this happens but sometimes when I go about copy and pasting text instead of the link or word I'm trying to paste it gives me this length of jumbled text and numbers and I'm not too sure what I can do about it For example: I copy a youtube video link, but when...
  5. Copy and Paste result gets jumbled text?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy and Paste result gets jumbled text?: I am unsure why this happens but sometimes when I go about copy and pasting text instead of the link or word I'm trying to paste it gives me this length of jumbled text and numbers and I'm not too sure what I can do about it For example: I copy a youtube video link, but when...
  6. Cannot copy and paste in pictures folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot copy and paste in pictures folder: I have an HP Pavillion DV7. Great computer. I have been able to copy and paste to Picture Folder since 2012. In the past I have copied from Word Documents, Power Point, the Internet and email account and successfully pasted in Pictures. After a recent update my computer has...
  7. cannot copy paste WITH formatting

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot copy paste WITH formatting: Hi, my computer used to copy and paste with formatting just fine. For a few weeks now it cannot copy and paste with formatting. I've tried ctrl + C and ctrl + V, but it doesn't work. I've also tried just using right clicks on the mouse and it does not work. This is not...
  8. No warning/error message but can not copy paste

No warning/error message but can not copy paste: Hello everyone, I have an interesting issue. I bought new Asus notebook and it has windows 10 installed in it. Within computer I can copy and paste files to other files. However, when I wanted to take files from usb drive to my computer by "copy-paste (all commands)" or...
  9. Copy and paste in Windows 10 file explorer resulting in corrupt copies

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy and paste in Windows 10 file explorer resulting in corrupt copies: Hello, I encountered a very serious issue with trying to copy and paste files to a backup hard drive in Windows file explorer by using Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V. Usually I determine whether my backups are complete and in agreement with each other by doing a casual comparison of...
  10. Crash dump error message on Copy and Paste

Crash dump error message on Copy and Paste: Lets say I am trying to copy and paste the word "Hello", I hit Control+C then Control+V and instead of "Hello" being printed where my cursor is, this message gets spit out:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot copy .dmp file

2. why does it do a .dmp when i ctrl v

3. .dmp file asus laptop copy paste error