Windows 10: Cannot copy big portions of certain pix folders - ownership problem??

Discus and support Cannot copy big portions of certain pix folders - ownership problem?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Not sure if my issue is related to the same W10 update on 28.08.20 mentioned in my post about SyncBack, but although it seems the issue is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wimyogya, Sep 7, 2020.

1. wimyogya Win User

Cannot copy big portions of certain pix folders - ownership problem??

Hello,

Not sure if my issue is related to the same W10 update on 28.08.20 mentioned in my post about SyncBack, but although it seems the issue is totally different from the one below, the start is around the same date/occasion:

It seems an unknown number of my folders has new and strange ownership/permission issues.
    Example.

I backup most of my stuff on external hdd's 2 or 3 times.
    Since a few days I have problems doing that.
    The pictures are visible on main drive E and backup drives F & H & W, but hundreds of pictures can NOT be copied. Although they already do exist and are visible on the 3 backup drives. Syncing vice versa (after having deleted the synced main part of the collection on E) did not help either. From E to F many existing files can not be copied, from F to E the problem is the same.

Googling brought me to the ownership/permissions section of Windows (which I hardly understand, no experience).
    But following the recommended steps brought no solution: all permissions are mine - I am the only user of my PC.

And doing chkdsk repairs and Paragon system file checks did not make any changes - after several hours of patient waitings...

What is the cause of the trouble?
    And what is the remedy?

Thanks!
    Wim

Winver 64bit
    Version 2004 OS build 19041.450

:)

wimyogya, Sep 7, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

i need help copying and pasting inside windows 10 app folders and subfolders

• Can you give us the specific locations you are copying from and to?
    • Can you take screenshots of what's going on?
    • Can you take screenshots of the ownership of the directory you're experiencing issues with?
    If you're not comfortable sharing that information, I do understand...but I feel like what was suggested before should've resolved it. Have you tried modifying ownership at the hard drive level? Did you log off/log on or reboot after changing ownership permissions?

Possibly check Event Viewer security and system logs as well, might be something else...but likely you are getting closer to resolving this just don't have all the permissions adjusted accordingly. But maybe more specific details about your issue, where things are located that you're having issues with, etc. will assist us better in telling you what needs to be done to accomplish what you're seeking to resolve.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Sep 7, 2020
  4. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot copy big portions of certain pix folders - ownership problem?? - Similar Threads - Cannot copy big

2. folder preview pix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    folder preview pix: with windows 11 can you change folder to show picture thumbnail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-preview-pix/56446730-16ab-4ce7-87bc-f4a267439637
  3. folder preview pix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    folder preview pix: with windows 11 can you change folder to show picture thumbnail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-preview-pix/56446730-16ab-4ce7-87bc-f4a267439637
  4. WindowsApps Folder Ownership, cannot remove obsolete Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WindowsApps Folder Ownership, cannot remove obsolete Apps: Hi everyone, first time poster. Truly stumped on this one. I am one of the IT Admins at my employment and we've been trying to stay on top of vulnerabilities reported by our vul. software. A few we keep seeing revolve around some of the widespread Microsoft Store apps and...
  5. WindowsApps Folder Ownership, cannot remove obsolete Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WindowsApps Folder Ownership, cannot remove obsolete Apps: Hi everyone, first time poster. Truly stumped on this one. I am one of the IT Admins at my employment and we've been trying to stay on top of vulnerabilities reported by our vul. software. A few we keep seeing revolve around some of the widespread Microsoft Store apps and...
  6. can't take ownership of folders copied on hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't take ownership of folders copied on hard drive: Hi, On my old pc I copied some files on an HDD then removed it and installed it in another PC. On the new pc I can see the folders and some programs like unlocker allow me to see files in them. I tried everything from unlocker to registry edits to allow to take ownership...
  7. Cannot copy file or folder

Cannot copy file or folder: Hey guys, I have an Android phone and a windows pc with 2TB harddrive ,i have to copy files from android to pc but I have encountered an error saying "Error copying File or folder" -> "The requested resource is in use" Help me with this issue guy's and formatting the disk...
  8. Doing a COPY Of A Selectable Portion Of A Window ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Doing a COPY Of A Selectable Portion Of A Window ?: Hello, I have a program that when being used opens up additional windows. Sometimes from a third party, sometimes from what is embedded in the actual program. Hw can I do a COPY (drag a window over the portion I want) so I can Save the picture of, and perhaps send it as an...
  9. Cannot copy files to WindowsApps folder even after taking Ownership of the folder

Cannot copy files to WindowsApps folder even after taking Ownership of the folder: I have been trying to copy gamepad emulator files to Forza Horizon 4 folder in windowsapps folder. I took ownership of the folder and giver full control. Even then It shows the error shown in the screenshot below. [ATTACH]...
  10. cannot take ownership of folders

cannot take ownership of folders: I get permission errors when I try to open some folders in Windows 10 desktop. I try to take ownership as described in How to take ownership of a Folder. I am the administrator. I'm the only user. When I do I get the following errors. an error occurred applying security...