Windows 10: Cannot copy/cut from google drive folder

Discus and support Cannot copy/cut from google drive folder in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I cannot copy/cut from my old google drive folder. If I press ctrl+x or ctrl+c and ctrl+v the files do not get pasted to the destination folder.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Hao S, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Hao S Win User

Cannot copy/cut from google drive folder

I cannot copy/cut from my old google drive folder. If I press ctrl+x or ctrl+c and ctrl+v the files do not get pasted to the destination folder.

:)

Hao S, Aug 19, 2022

2. Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Aug 19, 2022
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Aug 19, 2022
  4. Cannot copy/cut from google drive folder

Moving Librariy files and folders to secondary hard drive

Hi Bailey,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Yes, as you said you will face problems if you cut and paste the library folders to the new hard drive. If you cut and paste the libraries folder some of the Windows functions such as Downloads, Music, Pictures and Videos
    will not work properly

If you want to access the library folders in the new hard drive, I suggest you to copy the Library folders (Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos). Follow the steps to copy the library folders.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open Windows explorer.

• Find the Libraries on the left navigation pane of the Windows Explorer. (If libraries are not there, click on
      View tab at the top of Windows explorer, click on Navigation pane and select the
      Show Libraries)

• Now, right click on Libraries from the left navigation pane and click on
      Copy.

• Open the new hard drive and paste the Libraries folder by pressing
      CTRL + V key on the keyboard. (paste the libraries folders on the new hard drive where ever you want)

As you have less space on the primary hard drive, I suggest you to follow the below article to free up drive space.

Free up drive space in Windows 10

Free up drive space in Windows

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Aug 19, 2022
Thema:

Cannot copy/cut from google drive folder

1. Cannot copy/cut from google drive folder - Similar Threads - Cannot copy cut

2. Unable to cut/copy files from external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to cut/copy files from external drive: Coundnt transfer files from my USB 3.0 external drive. after certain time, its transfer speed fell to 0. And this problem happens on this specific drive.Here, 1. I have tried with different windows PC's with different files in different locations.2. keep it transferring for...
  3. Unable to cut/copy files from external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to cut/copy files from external drive: Coundnt transfer files from my USB 3.0 external drive. after certain time, its transfer speed fell to 0. And this problem happens on this specific drive.Here, 1. I have tried with different windows PC's with different files in different locations.2. keep it transferring for...
  4. Unable to cut/copy files from external drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Cannot Cut or Copy encrypted Data .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Cut or Copy encrypted Data .: I encrypted my photos and videos with encrypt contents from the properties.My Window is crashing so I install a new window. But I can't view ,cut and copy my data .I don't have any certificate for decryption . But Is there is any way that I can cut or copy them into usb ????...
  6. Cannot Cut or Copy encrypted Data .

Cannot Cut or Copy encrypted Data .: I encrypted my photos and videos with encrypt contents from the properties.My Window is crashing so I install a new window. But I can't view ,cut and copy my data .I don't have any certificate for decryption . But Is there is any way that I can cut or copy them into usb ????...
  7. Cannot Cut or Copy encrypted Data .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Cannot copy/cut from google drive folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot copy/cut from google drive folder: I cannot copy/cut from my old google drive folder. If I press ctrl+x or ctrl+c and ctrl+v the files do not get pasted to the destination folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-copycut-from-google-drive-folder/8fe177ad-fac9-446e-913c-af3e18d76c1b
  9. Cannot copy/cut from google drive folder

Cannot copy/cut from google drive folder: I cannot copy/cut from my old google drive folder. If I press ctrl+x or ctrl+c and ctrl+v the files do not get pasted to the destination folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-copycut-from-google-drive-folder/8fe177ad-fac9-446e-913c-af3e18d76c1b
  10. Cannot copy, cut or send to (USB) from My Documents.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot copy, cut or send to (USB) from My Documents.: Windows 10 Home 1909.When selecting files from My Documents to tsfr to USB, using Copy & Paste or Cut & Paste or Send to (USB) nothing happens! USB stick was recognised when plugged in.These files are on a friend's old Win10 laptop and she wishes to tsfr them to her (you...