Windows 10: Cannot copy, cut or send to (USB) from My Documents.

Discus and support Cannot copy, cut or send to (USB) from My Documents. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home 1909.When selecting files from My Documents to tsfr to USB, using Copy & Paste or Cut & Paste or Send to (USB) nothing happens! USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lvr181, Feb 8, 2020.

1. lvr181 Win User

Cannot copy, cut or send to (USB) from My Documents.

Windows 10 Home 1909.When selecting files from My Documents to tsfr to USB, using Copy & Paste or Cut & Paste or Send to (USB) nothing happens! USB stick was recognised when plugged in.These files are on a friend's old Win10 laptop and she wishes to tsfr them to her (you beaut, super fast) new laptop before disposing of the old machine. Any suggestions would be much appreciated - thanks.

:)

lvr181, Feb 8, 2020
  2. Travelor Win User

Copying documents onto the phone?

Hello,

Check out this How-To (FAQ) regarding
    How to Sync Office Documents on WP7
    - there is a section discussing how to do it if you do not have access to Sharepoint. Or read below the copy and paste of the steps.

Here are some ways that you get Microsoft Office documents onto your phone:

• Attach an Office document to an email message and send it to yourself. You can thendownload the attached Office document
      on your phone.

• From your PC, upload the Office document to Windows Live SkyDrive, and then from your phone, download it using the web browser. You can then open the document in the appropriate Office Mobile application.
    Note
    Microsoft Office documents can't be synced directly from your computer to your phone using a USB connection.

In Christ, Trav...Samsung Focus WP7 - Zune HD 16GB - ASUS ROG G73JH -

Travelor, Feb 8, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Why files are not copying from Documents in WIN10 to USB?

Hi Lianna

Connect that USB flash drive to your PC

Open your Documents folder

Select just 1 document, right click that and choose 'Send To' - your USB drive will be bottom of that list

Does that file transfer over correctly to the Flash Drive?

DaveM121, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Cut or Copy and Paste

Select the text you want to copy or cut with mouse, right click the selection and select either Copy or Cut. Notice that Cut is only available if the document or other source is editable; if you have no rights to edit the document (for example web pages), the Cut option is not available.

Now go to document where you want to paste, right click and select Paste.

Instead of right clicking and selecting option from a menu you can also use the keyboard shortcuts. CTRL + C (press and hold down CTRL key, press C, release both keys) copies the selection, CTRL + X cuts it, and CTRL + V will paste it.

You can also select using keyboard shortcuts. Click document where you want to start marking / selecting, hold down the SHIFT key and use arrow keys to extend the selection. When ready, release the SHIFT key and use above mentioned other shortcuts to copy or cut.

To select all, for instance all text in a document, use keyboard shortcut CTRL + A. The ESC key clears the selection.

Kari, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot copy, cut or send to (USB) from My Documents. - Similar Threads - Cannot copy cut

2. Cannot copy documents folder in cmd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot copy documents folder in cmd: My wife's computer died and won't boot. We plan on doing a fresh reinstall but want to save a few files first. Some of these files are in the documents folder. I have cmd running from a boot drive and when I try to xcopy to the folder it says "file creation error - the file...
  3. Cannot Cut or Copy encrypted Data .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Cut or Copy encrypted Data .: I encrypted my photos and videos with encrypt contents from the properties.My Window is crashing so I install a new window. But I can't view ,cut and copy my data .I don't have any certificate for decryption . But Is there is any way that I can cut or copy them into usb ????...
  4. Cannot Cut or Copy encrypted Data .

Cannot Cut or Copy encrypted Data .: I encrypted my photos and videos with encrypt contents from the properties.My Window is crashing so I install a new window. But I can't view ,cut and copy my data .I don't have any certificate for decryption . But Is there is any way that I can cut or copy them into usb ????...
  5. Cannot Cut or Copy encrypted Data .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Cannot copy/cut from google drive folder

Cannot copy/cut from google drive folder: I cannot copy/cut from my old google drive folder. If I press ctrl+x or ctrl+c and ctrl+v the files do not get pasted to the destination folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-copycut-from-google-drive-folder/8fe177ad-fac9-446e-913c-af3e18d76c1b
  7. Cannot copy/cut from google drive folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot copy/cut from google drive folder: I cannot copy/cut from my old google drive folder. If I press ctrl+x or ctrl+c and ctrl+v the files do not get pasted to the destination folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-copycut-from-google-drive-folder/8fe177ad-fac9-446e-913c-af3e18d76c1b
  8. Cannot copy/cut from google drive folder

9. Why files are not copying from Documents in WIN10 to USB?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why files are not copying from Documents in WIN10 to USB?: Is this a Windows problem? I just bought a new Scandisk Ultra USB 256gb to transfer files and documents over from PC/Documents. I keep getting an error: An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the folder. Error 0x800701B1-a device which does not exist was...
  10. Cannot copy/cut and paste or save file/folder operations on the desktop or documents folder

Cannot copy/cut and paste or save file/folder operations on the desktop or documents folder: On the day of writing this, I havent been able to copy/cut and paste or save files or folders on my desktop and in the documents folder. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] The same happens with TeraCopy if I do the same operation inside the documents folder. I'm sure its not...