Windows 10: Cannot copy Docker image file to USB even when there is enough space

Discus and support Cannot copy Docker image file to USB even when there is enough space in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to copy a huge 6.5 GB file from my PC hard drive to a USB attach t to eh side of the laptop. I know this is a big file. It is a Docker... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lou Reed, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Lou Reed Win User

Cannot copy Docker image file to USB even when there is enough space

I am trying to copy a huge 6.5 GB file from my PC hard drive to a USB attach t to eh side of the laptop. I know this is a big file. It is a Docker Image file and they can get really big. The USB has 27 GB of free memory and the file is 6.5 GB.

It should go on with no problem, but the message says there not enough available space (?) on the USB.

What is going on and how do I fix this?

Respectfully,

:)

Lou Reed, Oct 9, 2019
  2. D-rock Win User

Help with USB Boot Image

Yes, I checked the box and showed it the folder where I unzipped the USB Image file. And then it started formatting the USB memory. Then after it completed I copied the rest of the files from the zip file over to the memory stick. Then tried to boot computer to the USB device. After restarting I press F12 to enter the boot menu and select USB Device from the list and it reads the USB memory cause the green light flashes but I get the Non-system disk error message.

D-rock, Oct 9, 2019
  3. D-rock Win User
    Help with USB Boot Image

I am trying to boot from my USB flash drive. I followed the instructions step for step that are in the article on this website. I downloaded the HP program and the USB Image zip file. I ran the HP flash program and pointed it to the folder where I unzipped the USB Image files to. I then copied all the files over to the USB memory stick as instructed. When I restart my computer and press F12 to go to the boot menu I have 3 options: SATA hard drive, CD-ROM drive, or USB Device. So I choose USB device and when it reads the USB memory stick all I get is the error "Non-system disk, replace and hit any key" Its like the USB memory is missing some system files or it doesnt have the master boot record or something. Somebody please HELP!!! I want to flash the bios in a new video card and I have to boot to DOS and I dont have a floppy drive and I have Win XP so a USB boot is probably the best option I have.

D-rock, Oct 9, 2019
  4. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot copy Docker image file to USB even when there is enough space - Similar Threads - Cannot copy Docker

2. Disk full even when enough space is available.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk full even when enough space is available.: I was downloading something from torrent which was of 45 GB in size. My D drive had 65 GB space left. After downloading 28 GB, torrent reported that my disk is full. Same happened when I tried downloading a game with steam yesterday and even before that. Once I was extracting...
  3. Disk full even when enough space is available.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk full even when enough space is available.: I was downloading something from torrent which was of 45 GB in size. My D drive had 65 GB space left. After downloading 28 GB, torrent reported that my disk is full. Same happened when I tried downloading a game with steam yesterday and even before that. Once I was extracting...
  4. Source Drive Not Enough Space When Copying to Backup Drive

Source Drive Not Enough Space When Copying to Backup Drive: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Home, v. 21h1, OS build 19043.1288. Recently I have been receiving an error message when trying to do a manual copy of my OneDrive folder. The source drive has a total of 1 TB of capacity, with 312 GB free space. The destination drive an NAS drive...
  5. Source Drive Not Enough Space When Copying to Backup Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Source Drive Not Enough Space When Copying to Backup Drive: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Home, v. 21h1, OS build 19043.1288. Recently I have been receiving an error message when trying to do a manual copy of my OneDrive folder. The source drive has a total of 1 TB of capacity, with 312 GB free space. The destination drive an NAS drive...
  6. Incorrect "There is not enough space" error when copying to a network location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect "There is not enough space" error when copying to a network location: I have 2 Windows 10 computers on a network, One has a drive shared with no quota set and 3TB of free space. I have then added this shared folder as a 'network location' under My Computer on the other. When I try to copy 83 GB of files to this network location, I get an...
  7. Incorrect "There is not enough space" error when copying to a network location

Incorrect "There is not enough space" error when copying to a network location: I have 2 Windows 10 computers on a network, One has a drive shared with no quota set and 3TB of free space. I have then added this shared folder as a 'network location' under My Computer on the other. When I try to copy 83 GB of files to this network location, I get an...
  8. "Not enough space on" ... when there's enough space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Not enough space on" ... when there's enough space.: Getting a very strange error when trying to copy a file onto a drive: [ATTACH] Looks like there's enough space to me... halp. :P https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-enough-space-on-when-theres-enough-space/c484ca99-4210-4ee7-8d07-d66ad4843183"
  9. Can't uncompress an image, not enough space?

Can't uncompress an image, not enough space?: I've downloaded a 128GB image that I plan to put on an SD card. It is compressed using rar. I'm attempting to move the file from the rar one of my spare drives but it won't decompress properly. I keep getting an error stating there is not enough space on the drive. Again, the...
  10. Copying files to Desktop: "There is not enough space on Desktop"

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying files to Desktop: "There is not enough space on Desktop": Hello, Copying files from external HD to my new PC and: "There is not enough space on Desktop. You need an additional 210 GB to copy these files" I have 2 drives on the machine: SSD (for apps) HD (1.8 Tb for files) .. when I copy files to desktop, they should...