Windows 10: Cannot copy files between two accounts on the same laptop

Discus and support Cannot copy files between two accounts on the same laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I copied some files from one laptop to a flash drive. When I plug-in the drive into my main laptop on one of my accounts I could see them and download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jayhawk714, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Cannot copy files between two accounts on the same laptop

I copied some files from one laptop to a flash drive. When I plug-in the drive into my main laptop on one of my accounts I could see them and download them. However, when I switch to another account on the same laptop the files do not show up on the flash drive. And to add a little more mystery, there where some existing files on the flash drive and they do show up on the flash drive when I switch to the second account. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Both of these accounts are set up as Administrator's.

:)

jayhawk714, Sep 6, 2015

2. Switching between two email accounts in same yahoo profile

Hi Theresa,

Instead of adding the second email account as "other email", try adding it as "Yahoo! Mail". You should be able to have multiple email accounts, just make sure to name the second one so that you can tell the tiles apart.

Christopher Miller, Sep 6, 2015
  3. Switching between two email accounts in same yahoo profile

That was actually the first thing I tried. That's why I tried to use the "other" option.

Theresa Walter, Sep 6, 2015
Thema:

Cannot copy files between two accounts on the same laptop

1. Cannot copy files between two accounts on the same laptop - Similar Threads - Cannot copy files

2. Microsoft account syncing between two laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account syncing between two laptops: Hello,I have two laptops with the same Microsoft account, and one crashed before I could clear out some private documents -- it can't be accessed or even turned on at all. If I delete documents on the working laptop -- the two are supposed to be in sync -- will they also be...
  3. Microsoft account syncing between two laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account syncing between two laptops: Hello,I have two laptops with the same Microsoft account, and one crashed before I could clear out some private documents -- it can't be accessed or even turned on at all. If I delete documents on the working laptop -- the two are supposed to be in sync -- will they also be...
  4. Two copies of MSFS under same account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Two copies of MSFS under same account: We have purchased 2 copies of MSFS 2020, both redeemed under the same account. How can we use both at the same time on different PCs without kicking the other person off??...
  5. Two copies of MSFS under same account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two copies of MSFS under same account: We have purchased 2 copies of MSFS 2020, both redeemed under the same account. How can we use both at the same time on different PCs without kicking the other person off??...
  6. Two copies of MSFS under same account

7. Two copies of a file

Two copies of a file: I've been getting this following message lately, "You have two copies of a file we couldn't merge the changes ........so we created another copy of it."Understanding this has something to do with Onedrive, I removed that particular backup in there but the annoying message...
  8. Sharing folders and files between two PC's on the same network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing folders and files between two PC's on the same network: I have two computers on my LAN. Desktop is Homeuser-pc. Laptop is User-pc. I can access shared Homeuser-pc files from User-pc. I can’t access User-pc files from Homeuser-pc. I have pinged both computers from the other and parcels have been received. I have shared all of my...
  9. Two of the same accounts

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Two of the same accounts: I have both the same accounts on Microsoft store and it wont let me login so i cant play or login into Microsoft store anyone know how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-of-the-same-accounts/dba53fbd-9637-4767-b909-345e1265e519
  10. Syncronization between two account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Syncronization between two account: On my Windows 10 Pro computer I have two accounts, one administrative and the other standard. The administrative account is correctly linked to my Mirosoft account. The standard account does not accept my username e-Mail because it is already used in my administrative...