Windows 10: Cannot copy files from C drive to D because C drive is full?

Discus and support Cannot copy files from C drive to D because C drive is full? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My C drive is almost full 5.08 GB free of 221 GB so I want to move some files to my D drive 88 GB free of 931When I try to copy files from my C drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Luke772, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Luke772 Win User

Cannot copy files from C drive to D because C drive is full?

My C drive is almost full 5.08 GB free of 221 GB so I want to move some files to my D drive 88 GB free of 931When I try to copy files from my C drive to the D I get an error message that says There is not enough space on OneDrive. You need an additional 28.1 GB free to copy these files.I believe One Drive is basically the C drive but I am not trying to put more files into the C drive, I'm trying to put files into the D. But the error message seems like it think I'm trying to put more into the CIt appears I cannot even copy files from my C drive to my external drive.I have a G5 5590 laptop.

:)

Luke772, Jun 29, 2021

2. Change "D" drive to "C" drive.

How do I copy all files on my "C" drive onto my current "D" drive (including bootup files and Windows 10), then change my "D" drive to "C" drive and my my old "C" drive to "D" drive?

Bill Jackson007, Jun 29, 2021
  3. JayTeaW Win User
    C drive to D drive

So for some reason with this new PC, all of my applications and files were downloaded to my C drive automatically, when I wanted them in the D drive. So i took all of the files in the C drive and copy-pasted them to the D drive, then uninstalled everything
    from my C drive thinking this would resolve my issue. Well I was clearly wrong and now cant run any of my applications, or even reinstall them. My PC is jam packed with error codes whenever I try to do anything. I even tried to do a full reset of my PC and
    reset my windows 10 fresh, but the PC wont even let me do that, giving me the error code that there is no windows 10 installation file found. I need this resolved.

JayTeaW, Jun 29, 2021
  4. Cannot copy files from C drive to D because C drive is full?

No C: but D: drive has all the data

Hi Austin,

To help you with your concern regarding the data on the drive C:, you're seeing the drive "C:" as the drive "D:" because you're booting your computer outside Windows. When booting your computer outside Windows, the system is reading the recovery partition
    as drive C: and the data in the drive C: \ are listed on the drive D: \. Try to boot your computer and try to check again the data in the drive C: \ and see if the data are listed.

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Jun 29, 2021
Thema:

Cannot copy files from C drive to D because C drive is full?

1. Cannot copy files from C drive to D because C drive is full? - Similar Threads - Cannot copy files

2. Files copying from c drive to d drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files copying from c drive to d drive: Why are all my files from my c drive also being put into my d drive. Ive tried to deleting files from one drive because i assumed they'd stay installed on the other drive but anything i remove from one drive is deleted from the other drive. Because that wasn't working right i...
  3. Files copying from c drive to d drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files copying from c drive to d drive: Why are all my files from my c drive also being put into my d drive. Ive tried to deleting files from one drive because i assumed they'd stay installed on the other drive but anything i remove from one drive is deleted from the other drive. Because that wasn't working right i...
  4. MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE: I've been trying to move my folders from C drive to D drive to free up space but its telling me the folder can't be moved here as there is a folder in the same location even when i delete said folder from D drive.Any suggestions as to what i'm doing wrong please...
  5. MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE: I've been trying to move my folders from C drive to D drive to free up space but its telling me the folder can't be moved here as there is a folder in the same location even when i delete said folder from D drive.Any suggestions as to what i'm doing wrong please...
  6. MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. C: Drive full D: Drive Empty

C: Drive full D: Drive Empty: Hello, I recently noticed my pc freezing and crashing and I believe it is due to me running out of storage. I found another thread which said that I should shrink/delete the empty drive and then extend the other but when I try to extend it the button is grayed out. Any help...
  8. Cannot Merge C drive with D drive.

Cannot Merge C drive with D drive.: While looking in my system files, I saw that my storage space was low, I went to disk management and took some Unallocated space out of my D drive Unused While I was trying to merge them, I realized that the button was only able to fill the D drive, My C drive was the OS one,...
  9. Transfer File from C Drive to D Drive

Transfer File from C Drive to D Drive: Hi, I am wanting to re-link my default folder from C Drive and transfer all files over to D Drive. How do I do that? Regards Chung https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-file-from-c-drive-to-d-drive/a2298baa-2832-4aae-ab78-4e9a5115d2f3
  10. C drive full, D drive empty

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C drive full, D drive empty: My C drive has 103 GB while my D drive has 931 GB, meanwhile the C drive is where everything is installed and the D drive is basically empty (924 GB free). This doesn't make any sense. How do I get my C drive to have all the space that my D drive has?...