Windows 10: Cannot copy folders and it's content from local C:\ to external SSD drive!!!

Discus and support Cannot copy folders and it's content from local C:\ to external SSD drive!!! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; No error message, no alert at all. What the fxxk is this rubbish, Microsoft!?!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kok How Teh1, Dec 11, 2023.

1. Cannot copy folders and it's content from local C:\ to external SSD drive!!!

No error message, no alert at all. What the fxxk is this rubbish, Microsoft!?!

:)

Kok How Teh1, Dec 11, 2023
  2. RA4953 Win User

Copy of external hard drive and all its folders in the C drive.

Thank you for replying,

Perhaps my question /description was not clear. The contents of the external drive, let’s call it N, are not in the C drive tree as files or folders. The N drive is duplicated with its drive letter and contents as a C drive folder. Deleting
    from that folder on the C drive also deletes from the external drive. And visa versa.

RA4953, Dec 11, 2023
  3. Copy PC contents to external hard drive

I have installed Windows 10 on my PC. Typically I back up the entire contents of my PC on an external hard drive. I once had a hard drive crash and learned the hard way about the value of complete external backups for a PC.

The procedure I used with Windows 8.1 does not seem to apply to Windows 10. Which item on this list "This PC, Desktop, Documents Downloads, Music Pictures HPLJP1000-1500 (C)" should I select to copy everything (including Windows 10) on my external hard
    drive?

David Skier, Dec 11, 2023
  4. Cannot copy folders and it's content from local C:\ to external SSD drive!!!

extending C drive into an external SSD

Unable to extend my C drive into an external SSD drive. Have 3 external drives none worked.

Related to this could not back my C drive to any of the 3 hard drives.

Both o0tions did no work.

mohsainessa, Dec 11, 2023
Thema:

Cannot copy folders and it's content from local C:\ to external SSD drive!!!

1. Cannot copy folders and it's content from local C:\ to external SSD drive!!! - Similar Threads - Cannot copy folders

2. Cannot copy folders and it's content from local C:\ to external SSD drive!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot copy folders and it's content from local C:\ to external SSD drive!!!: No error message, no alert at all. What the fxxk is this rubbish, Microsoft!?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-copy-folders-and-its-content-from-local-c/f2d9067c-5908-4608-9764-132c76eb7e20
  3. Unable to copy Files from external hard drive to c drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to copy Files from external hard drive to c drive.: Hello,Im in the process of trying to sell my desktop unit but I need to get the computer info a fit enough state for anyone to take it. The main drawback I have is that for some reason I am unable to copy files from my external hard drive to the c drive. For some files it...
  4. Unable to copy Files from external hard drive to c drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to copy Files from external hard drive to c drive.: Hello,Im in the process of trying to sell my desktop unit but I need to get the computer info a fit enough state for anyone to take it. The main drawback I have is that for some reason I am unable to copy files from my external hard drive to the c drive. For some files it...
  5. Cannot move/copy folders from External HDD to External HDD.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot move/copy folders from External HDD to External HDD.: [ATTACH] After starting the move/copy of the given folder, the explorer starts calculating but instead of starting the process, quickly completes (animates 0% to 100% complete) but the folder did not get moved or copied. Happens when trying to move/copy folders larger then...
  6. Copying files/folders from external drive to windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying files/folders from external drive to windows: Hi, I have a new windows 11 laptop and am bringing files/folders from my external drive across. Sometimes its a seamless copy and paste. Other times it flashes up "preparing" to copy folder to folder then the pop up window shuts without actually copying and sometimes it just...
  7. Copying files/folders from external drive to windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copying files/folders from external drive to windows: Hi, I have a new windows 11 laptop and am bringing files/folders from my external drive across. Sometimes its a seamless copy and paste. Other times it flashes up "preparing" to copy folder to folder then the pop up window shuts without actually copying and sometimes it just...
  8. Moving a VHDX from C drive to external SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving a VHDX from C drive to external SSD: Hi all, Just have Windows home here, and am curious how to move a VHDX to an external drive. It is on the C drive now but C drive is only 15 percent free now. Simply just taking the file and copying it won't work. Well, it will, but it will take forever. If I delete...
  9. Cannot copy files from external drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot copy files from external drive: A friend has a new Win 10 PC. After connecting an external drive from the old PC to the new PC we tried to copy a folder tree from the external drive to an internal drive. Most of the files copied by some generated an error dialog with the message "You'll need to provide...
  10. Copying folders from C: to external hard drive or USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying folders from C: to external hard drive or USB: I'm switching from an old desktop running XP to a new laptop running Windows 10. I've copied folders, including some programs, to an external hard drive and/or a USB. Windows Explorer in XP allowed me to just highlight files or folders I want to copy, then right click to...