Windows 10: Cannot Copy From PC To SD Card

Discus and support Cannot Copy From PC To SD Card in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have 3 x 2TB sdcards which I purchased from Amazon to use in my Surface Pro and 2 Samsung tablets. I have been trying to copy files from my NAS drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by smann20, Mar 20, 2020.

1. smann20 Win User

Cannot Copy From PC To SD Card

I have 3 x 2TB sdcards which I purchased from Amazon to use in my Surface Pro and 2 Samsung tablets. I have been trying to copy files from my NAS drive via my Windows 10 PC to the card but after it copies some it comes up with an error. It manages to copy two levels of folders but will not copy files into the second level. I have tried all 3 cards and all do the same. I purchased an sdxc usb card reader to use for the copy process. I have a reasonable knowledge of computing but this has me stumped. The sdcards come formatted as exFAT. I even tried formatting one of them as FAT32 but I still got the same error. Can anyone help me please?

:)

smann20, Mar 20, 2020

2. Cannot copy music files to SD card

Dear Arnie,

Thanks for your suggestions and see below...

Put card into surface and run scan; all ok

Files will not copy to music folder (either mp3 or jpeg or excel) I tried all sorts of files ad none would work

I did copy a music file to "videos" on the card and it copied perfectly (since deleted it)

It seems the "MUSIC" folder on the card is locked to copying when the card is in the phone because I CAN copy music files to it when it is in the surface pro.

Music is default to save to SD card

I cannot see to add music in groove as I already have over 7500 songs on my 200GB card.

Many thanks,

A.

ArthurGoan, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Arnie Est Win User
    Cannot copy music files to SD card

Hello Arthur,

Let us try these different ways to isolate your concern. You may follow the steps provided below:

• Check if the SD card is not corrupted. Try to scan the SD card manually.
    • After scanning, try copying music files again.
    • Insert the SD card in the phone and check where your musics are saved by default. Go to
      Settings > System > Storage >
      Save
      locations.
    If the issue still persist, you can try this is an alternative. If your using Groove music app, you can save your music by following the steps below:

• Open the Groove music app.
    • Under add some music, choose between Copy your music from PC or Add music to your OneDrive.
    • A prompt will show up once you choose a specific action.

Please don't hesitate to ask the community if you need more assistance.

Arnie Est, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Cannot Copy From PC To SD Card

SD card upgrade (on Lumia 630 Dual with latest WP8.1)

I have the same question and can't find a reasonable answer. I want to upgrade the SD card in my 640. I tried using my PC to copy everything from the original SD card to the new one. But applications and their application specific data does not copy. I
    was trying to find a PC app that would backup and restore the full SD card. But there doesn't seem to be one.

I eventually found a post from somebody who suggested this approach, which worked but is convoluted.

I have assumed knowledge of how to manage data and apps using the windows phone "storage sense" app.

• Copy everything from the original SD card to the new SD card.
      • note: the applications stored on the SD card and application specific data will not be copied
    • Put the original SD card in your phone
    • move as many apps from the SD card as you have space on the phone
      • note: you will probably have to do this process more than once.
    • Put your new SD card in your phone
    • move apps from the phone to your SD card
    • repeat steps 2-5 until all apps are transferred from original to new SD card.
    It all worked fine and was much quicker than I thought - it took much longer to research the best solution. I really didn't want to attempt a phone reset and restore.

Freewheeling, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Cannot Copy From PC To SD Card

1. Cannot Copy From PC To SD Card - Similar Threads - Cannot Copy Card

2. UNABLE TO COPY FOLDERS IN SD CARD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNABLE TO COPY FOLDERS IN SD CARD: Hi i was trying to mod my 3ds and every time i copy the mod folders i getCan't read from the source file or disk. Also i clicked "Try again" and it shows the same error message Please help...
  3. UNABLE TO COPY FOLDERS IN SD CARD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNABLE TO COPY FOLDERS IN SD CARD: Hi i was trying to mod my 3ds and every time i copy the mod folders i getCan't read from the source file or disk. Also i clicked "Try again" and it shows the same error message Please help...
  4. uploading videos to pc from sd card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    uploading videos to pc from sd card: when uploading deer cam videos on sd card to my h.p. pc, the videos are not arranged in the correct order day and time wise. can you tell me how to change settings in photos app in order to arrange them correctly when downloading?...
  5. uploading videos to pc from sd card

uploading videos to pc from sd card: when uploading deer cam videos on sd card to my h.p. pc, the videos are not arranged in the correct order day and time wise. can you tell me how to change settings in photos app in order to arrange them correctly when downloading?...
  6. Transfer from MAC to PC via SD card

Transfer from MAC to PC via SD card: Dear Sir or Madam,I tried to transfer video files from Mac to PC, using SD card. So, I copied the files from Mac to SD, but when I inserted the SD into PC, the PC does not read it at all. I switched the SD, to make sure the slot is working, and PC read the new one easily. I...
  7. Copying from protected CD to a SD card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying from protected CD to a SD card: I am about to purchase a new car which does not have a CD player fitted. This is current trend with car manufacturers who appear to have ignored the fact that a number of CD's are protected in order to prevent copying. I have a number of such CD's which gives me a problem....
  8. Copying MP3 files to SD Card

Copying MP3 files to SD Card: I want to copy all of my music from my laptop to an 256Gb Micro SD card to use in a media player and my phone. I've now done it several times with the same result. I drag and drop the folder Called Music! Over several hours, maybe 6, it copies the 214GB over to the sd...
  9. error while copying files from SD card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    error while copying files from SD card: Hey ! I wanted to copy my video files from my camera's SD card to my Windows PC but something went wrong while it copy. Now I only find one file on the SD card where were more than 100 video files. That one file has no format type. I used a data recovery free software and...
  10. Copying sd card to computer

Copying sd card to computer: I am trying to copy a 16 gb sd card to my laptop and it keeps stopping. It starts off good then the speed drops to 0. How can I keep this from happening so it finishes copying?...