Windows 10: Cannot copy large .mov and .zip files with Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot copy large .mov and .zip files with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am having trouble copying/moving large .mov and .zip files from one HD to another HD. The files are around 6 gb and are not corrupted I can view the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bill_1916, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Bill_1916 Win User

Cannot copy large .mov and .zip files with Windows 10

I am having trouble copying/moving large .mov and .zip files from one HD to another HD. The files are around 6 gb and are not corrupted I can view the .mov file. I have update windows to 1909, as I read there was an admitted system problem with an earlier version doing these types of transfers. Has this been corrected or is there a workaround other than unzipping and then rezipping?

:)

Bill_1916, Jun 8, 2020
  2. Jetster Win User

Editing .mov files

Ive never worked with .mov files. What a free program and best program to work with .mov files on a PC?

Thanks

Jetster, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Freezes when dealing with large (75GB) MOV files

hi dennis, i am happy to see that you have solved your problem with mov files.
    i suffer from the same problem, my computers freezes when i click into folder that cointains
    mov files.

can you tell me the solution process from zero and step by step. i am not good with computers and i get confused in regedit, i need your help. thanks!

schraderbrau, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/zip-unzip-files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot copy large .mov and .zip files with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot copy large

2. file cannot be zipped

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file cannot be zipped: why does a warning message appear when I try to zip a file "file cannot be compressed as it includes characters that cannot be used in a compressed folder, such as T but the T icon is a small thing that sits lower down on the line of text. please help me try to resolve this...
  3. file cannot be zipped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file cannot be zipped: why does a warning message appear when I try to zip a file "file cannot be compressed as it includes characters that cannot be used in a compressed folder, such as T but the T icon is a small thing that sits lower down on the line of text. please help me try to resolve this...
  4. file cannot be zipped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I cannot copy, move or delete a zip file in Windows 11

I cannot copy, move or delete a zip file in Windows 11: The prior post on this, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-files-in-windows-11/e9da9732-3285-46ee-8ba6-8e1c32680f86suggests it is a fault with Carbonite. However, I do not have Carbonite. Any left- or right-click on a zip file just shuts down explorer...
  6. I cannot copy, move or delete a zip file in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot copy, move or delete a zip file in Windows 11: The prior post on this, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-files-in-windows-11/e9da9732-3285-46ee-8ba6-8e1c32680f86suggests it is a fault with Carbonite. However, I do not have Carbonite. Any left- or right-click on a zip file just shuts down explorer...
  7. Cannot Play .MOV files

Cannot Play .MOV files: I use a Zoom q4n to record videos that I have to submit as schoolwork. The camera only records in the .MOV format and when I try to import them to my surface they import with only audio and no video. When I try to open video files with the windows Movies and TV app I get the...
  8. Cannot zip a file

Cannot zip a file: For some dumb reason I can't zip up my file of a project. I clicked the option to send that file into a compressed zipped file but it wouldn't carry that option out, as if I never clicked the option. What the fluff is going on???...
  9. Copying large MP4 files

Copying large MP4 files: I have a flash drive created by a company that transfers old 8mm movies and old VHS tapes to digital format. The files are formatted in MP4 and the total volume the 30 separate files on this drive is approximately 105Gb. Most of the files are less than 4Gb but some are...
  10. Windows 10 Freezes when dealing with large (75GB) MOV files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Freezes when dealing with large (75GB) MOV files: When dealing with large video files (.MOV QT ProRes) that are 60-100 gigs in file size Explorer on Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise (v1607) will often freeze and come to a grinding halt. Physical memory is gobbled up by Explorer, and then all the Virtual Memory. Doing a search...