Windows 10: Cannot copy/move files from PC to external drive Iomega (Windows 10). Error 0x80070079: The...

Discus and support Cannot copy/move files from PC to external drive Iomega (Windows 10). Error 0x80070079: The... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All, When trying to move files from my PC to my external drive Iomega, I get the error: Cannot copy/move files from PC to external drive Iomega... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IomegaITUser, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Cannot copy/move files from PC to external drive Iomega (Windows 10). Error 0x80070079: The...

Hi All,

When trying to move files from my PC to my external drive Iomega, I get the error:

Cannot copy/move files from PC to external drive Iomega (Windows 10) with Error: An unexpected error is keeping your from copying the file. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem. Error 0x80070079: The semaphore timeout period has expired; [2] Location is not accessible.

After several tries, it complains that there is an issue with drive.

I have tested my external drive on other PCs and it works fine.

I searched the net, but it mentions to disable firewalls and de-activate anti-virus. I cannot do this, since this is a work PC.

Can someone kindly help to provide a fix.

:)

IomegaITUser, Sep 16, 2019

2. Accessing folders in Iomega external hard drive

I am using a new desktop with Windows 10/Mozilla-Firefox Browser.....

External Iomega hard drive backup....Model LDHD320-U

Plug in Iomega external hard drive....

My Windows "File Explorer" recognizes the hard drive....

Clicking on the Iomega Drive brings up my file folders....

Brings up: Administrator

My name

Click on "my name"

Lists: "Desktop"

"Favorites"

"My Documents"

Double Click on "My Documents" brings up total list of those "files"

Some of the files are "defined" (on left side of list) with pic of a "file" folder.

Some are defined by, "Adobe Reader" symbol

Some are defined by, "Word" symbol

I can open successfully the "Adobe Reader" and "Word" files ok.
    (I have Microsoft Office 2013 installed)
    The others with symbol of a plain file folder produces this small window error:
    "Windows Script Host"
    Code: 800A1391
    Window is undefined
    Also, the Iomega does not show the opening window with all the settings, kinds of backup etc......
    Tried looking up the error code above and don't understand squat......
    Thank you.......

Bert Canepa, Sep 16, 2019
  3. Problem with my Iomega external hard drive

I have a new Dell desktop with windows 10.

Connecting my Iomega external hard drive with all my backup from my former computer, Windows recognizes the Iomega but my primary Iomega tool bars don't come up.

What does come up are the files that are in the external hard drive, but I can only access "my pictures", not, "my documents".

I have not contacted Iomega, the "Geek Squad" or anyone else.

I found this site and posting this problem here.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Bert Canepa, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Cannot copy/move files from PC to external drive Iomega (Windows 10). Error 0x80070079: The...

Regarding copying of files in external drive from pc

Hi,

The message that appeared on your screen may have occurred due to the possible missing files if you'll try to copy it that way. We suggest that you follow these steps on how you can copy the file together with it's properties:

• Right click on the application (Bully) and click Properties.
    • On the application properties window, under the Shortcut tab, click
      Open File Location.
    • The File Location window will open.
    • Select everything. Copy and paste it to the external drive.
    • The copying process may take a while depending on the type of files.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

Cannot copy/move files from PC to external drive Iomega (Windows 10). Error 0x80070079: The...

1. Cannot copy/move files from PC to external drive Iomega (Windows 10). Error 0x80070079: The... - Similar Threads - Cannot copy move

2. Cannot move One Drive files to external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot move One Drive files to external drive: Why is this so complex? Because Microsoft likes to piss consumers? I am pissed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-move-one-drive-files-to-external-drive/13852425-89a1-4b2d-9bc7-f8c71b77e743
  3. Cannot move One Drive files to external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot move One Drive files to external drive: Why is this so complex? Because Microsoft likes to piss consumers? I am pissed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-move-one-drive-files-to-external-drive/13852425-89a1-4b2d-9bc7-f8c71b77e743
  4. Cannot move/copy folders from External HDD to External HDD.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot move/copy folders from External HDD to External HDD.: [ATTACH] After starting the move/copy of the given folder, the explorer starts calculating but instead of starting the process, quickly completes (animates 0% to 100% complete) but the folder did not get moved or copied. Happens when trying to move/copy folders larger then...
  5. iomega external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    iomega external hard drive: hi help needed. my windows 10 laptop cant seem to find my iomega drive after updating windows. can I get help from someone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iomega-external-hard-drive/4bfd6cf7-f00d-4aa3-ad75-4251313ddc8e
  6. iomega external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iomega external hard drive: How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my iomega drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iomega-external-hard-drive/f077c105-c7a8-4604-8b26-625c47b56747
  7. Error Code 0x80070079

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error Code 0x80070079: How do I fix Error Code 0x80070079 please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0x80070079/81e63d20-c304-485d-b7a9-69e3d9c966c1
  8. Cannot copy files from external drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot copy files from external drive: A friend has a new Win 10 PC. After connecting an external drive from the old PC to the new PC we tried to copy a folder tree from the external drive to an internal drive. Most of the files copied by some generated an error dialog with the message "You'll need to provide...
  9. moving files from windows 10 to external storage drive

moving files from windows 10 to external storage drive: Im trying to move some files onto an external storage drive from my windows 10 laptop but the device will not show up with my files at all. It shows up in my settings proving it is there and working with my laptop but I don't know how else to move things onto it from my...
  10. one of my usb drive has a 0x80070079 error report

one of my usb drive has a 0x80070079 error report: Hi, I am currently trying to transfer a 13GB file to one of my usb drive and it gave me a 0x80070079 error... try the same file on another drive, nothing there. Does that mean my error drive is faulty hardware wise?? can formatting the drive helps?? or I should probably trash...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. iomega 0x80076079 error semephone

2. cannot copy info to iomega drive using windows 10