Windows 10: Cannot copy or move a folder on a networked computer

Discus and support Cannot copy or move a folder on a networked computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Something changed on one of the computers on my home network. In File Explorer when I right click a folder on a networked computer the normal popup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ken429, May 6, 2018.

1. Ken429 Win User

Cannot copy or move a folder on a networked computer

Something changed on one of the computers on my home network. In File Explorer when I right click a folder on a networked computer the normal popup appears with all the options but almost instantly goes away. I can copy or move a file within the folder normally. To add to the confusion the right click works for a minute or two after I reboot the problem system but then disappearing popup problem returns.

Short of doing a fresh install of Windows 10 does anybody have a suggestion on how to fix this annoying issue?

:)

Ken429, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Cannot copy or move a folder on a networked computer

1. Cannot copy or move a folder on a networked computer - Similar Threads - Cannot copy move

2. Windows Folder move not copy interrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Folder move not copy interrupted: Hi Team,A friend of mine tried to move not Copy a folder from local computer to the cloud OneDrive. The proess was interrupted for some reason, maybe power outage not sure of the details. But now the Source is missing and the destination has only the folder structure created...
  3. Windows Folder move not copy interrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Folder move not copy interrupted: Hi Team,A friend of mine tried to move not Copy a folder from local computer to the cloud OneDrive. The proess was interrupted for some reason, maybe power outage not sure of the details. But now the Source is missing and the destination has only the folder structure created...
  4. Windows Folder move not copy interrupted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot move/copy folders from External HDD to External HDD.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot move/copy folders from External HDD to External HDD.: [ATTACH] After starting the move/copy of the given folder, the explorer starts calculating but instead of starting the process, quickly completes (animates 0% to 100% complete) but the folder did not get moved or copied. Happens when trying to move/copy folders larger then...
  6. Cannot copy file or folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot copy file or folder: Hey guys, I have an Android phone and a windows pc with 2TB harddrive ,i have to copy files from android to pc but I have encountered an error saying "Error copying File or folder" -> "The requested resource is in use" Help me with this issue guy's and formatting the disk...
  7. Cannot move "Pictures" Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot move "Pictures" Folder: Let me first apologize for this long thread. I wanted to be accurate with the issue at hand. I have recently installed a new hard drive, with the intent of moving the "Pictures" folder to it, and using it primarily for this purpose given that my current disk is nearly full...
  8. Move but not copy Music folder into Documents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move but not copy Music folder into Documents: When I had Windows 7, I had literally every single thing in My Documents. Every song, every file, every tax record, every picture...literally everything. That way, when I backed up my hard drive, I just plugged in the My Passport Ultra drive, synced it with My Documents, and...
  9. "move to folder" and "copy to folder" drop down menus

in Windows 10 Support
    "move to folder" and "copy to folder" drop down menus: Is there a way to specify the folders that are listed when one clicks on "copy to folder" or "move to folder" in the context menu? Many choices are displayed, but not necessarily the ones I want to access. 101597
  10. Network folder crashes when I try to copy or move a file

in Windows 10 Support
    Network folder crashes when I try to copy or move a file: Hi, Recently I tried to copy or move a file from a network folder and whenever I try that, the network folder and connection crashes. I tried installing ccleaner to fix all the broken links , did updates, changed the name of the laptop, rejoined the domain but it still...