Windows 10: cannot copy paste WITH formatting

Discus and support cannot copy paste WITH formatting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, my computer used to copy and paste with formatting just fine. For a few weeks now it cannot copy and paste with formatting. I've tried ctrl + C... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tyler_19, May 18, 2020.

1. Tyler_19 Win User

cannot copy paste WITH formatting

Hi, my computer used to copy and paste with formatting just fine. For a few weeks now it cannot copy and paste with formatting.

I've tried ctrl + C and ctrl + V, but it doesn't work. I've also tried just using right clicks on the mouse and it does not work.

This is not software specific, it happens across all softwares.

For example, I want to copy and paste a unicode text, these numbers that have a circle around them, found here: http://xahlee.info/comp/unicode_circled_numbers.html

When I paste them it's comes into the document as question marks.

I also have trouble with this in documents in different softwares, where I have text already in the document, but when I copy and paste it in the same document, it won't paste with the formatting, it always pastes without formatting.

Thank you

:)

Tyler_19, May 18, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

how do I copy and paste

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing?

• Are you not able to copy or paste the files?

• What exactly happens when you try to copy the files?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• To copy
      Ctrl + C
    • To Paste ctrl + V
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, May 18, 2020
  3. Darshan J Win User
    copy/paste function is not working

Hi Sabrina,

Provide us with the information below to help you better.

• Which build is currently running on your computer?
    • Did you make any recent software/hardware changes to your computer?
    • Is the copy/paste functioning not working fro particular application or on whole computer?
    • How are you using copy/paste option via right click or keyboard shortcuts or via edit menu within the application?
    • Is the issue specific to a file format or all the file formats?

Suggest you to use the copy/paste using shortcuts that is Ctrl+C, Ctrl+X, Ctrl+V to copy cut and past respectively.

Also install all the pending updates on your computer, restart your computer and check if it helps.

Get back to us with the above information to help your further.

Darshan J, May 18, 2020
  4. cannot copy paste WITH formatting

COPY AND PASTE

Hi Sandra,

We need more information about your concern so that we can identify the cause of the copy and paste issue. Please provide the following:

• What browser are you using?
    • Is this issue happening with a specific website?
    We suggest trying to do the same function (Copy and Paste) using a different browser and using other website as well.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, May 18, 2020
Thema:

cannot copy paste WITH formatting

1. cannot copy paste WITH formatting - Similar Threads - cannot copy paste

2. cannot copy and paste

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot copy and paste: when I try and copy and paste, it works sometimes but other times not and have to restart my computer to get this working each time. is there a fix to this please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-copy-and-paste/1f31a423-e466-4bde-b3d9-8d4a9e301ee5
  3. cannot copy and paste

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot copy and paste: when I try and copy and paste, it works sometimes but other times not and have to restart my computer to get this working each time. is there a fix to this please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-copy-and-paste/1f31a423-e466-4bde-b3d9-8d4a9e301ee5
  4. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Cannot Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Cannot Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem: Hi, I have a computer with Windows 10. But for some reason, recently Micosoft Edge when right click, suddenly has no option for copy but only option for copy links. So I tried system restore and reset my computer, because I do not know what else to do. But after a while,...
  5. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Cannot Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Cannot Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem: Hi, I have a computer with Windows 10. But for some reason, recently Micosoft Edge when right click, suddenly has no option for copy but only option for copy links. So I tried system restore and reset my computer, because I do not know what else to do. But after a while,...
  6. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Cannot Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Cannot copy and paste in pictures folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot copy and paste in pictures folder: I have an HP Pavillion DV7. Great computer. I have been able to copy and paste to Picture Folder since 2012. In the past I have copied from Word Documents, Power Point, the Internet and email account and successfully pasted in Pictures. After a recent update my computer has...
  8. STILL cannot highlight, copy & paste

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    STILL cannot highlight, copy & paste: Highlight, copy/cut and paste are essential to my productivity. Yet the problem of being unable to reliably highlight, copy/paste has been around since 2012 -- lots of threads out there complaining about it but no real solutions. I've only had the problem for about 6...
  9. Copy and paste

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy and paste: Sometimes I can copy and paste with microsoft word + , but when I am online other sites , I can not copy and paste . How do i fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/copy-and-paste/f366024b-492b-45b7-b087-951f1226a939
  10. Copy & Paste

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy & Paste: Something just recently changed in Windows 10. I can no longer use the PASTE shortcut CRTL+V. To paste anything, I must use the right click and then click on PASTE. I generally use COPY (CRTL_C) then CRTL+V and it is done. Does anyone know how to correct this so I can use the...