Windows 10: cannot create 7zip archive on c:\

Discus and support cannot create 7zip archive on c:\ in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Apprently it is a famous issue and i cannot solve it. here is a previous instance https://sourceforge.net/p/sevenzip/d...ad/5120a09d2a/ I install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lqlaow, Apr 13, 2019.

1. lqlaow Win User

cannot create 7zip archive on c:\

Apprently it is a famous issue and i cannot solve it. here is a previous instance
    https://sourceforge.net/p/sevenzip/d...ad/5120a09d2a/
    I install 7z1900-x64.exe on windows 10 1809 and I right click on 7zFM.exe to run it as administrator. I choose to make 7zip the default program for all zip files and I choose to enable context menus.

Then when I go to C:\ and want to compress a folder, I right click on the folder and it says
    ''access denied. cannot open file [my file I want to compress]"
    Then I UNchecked the "run as admin" of both .exe in 7zip folder and it says it cannot find the file I want to compress...

so what is the detailed solution to this awful issue about permissions?

:)

lqlaow, Apr 13, 2019
  2. harrymc Win User

7zip force ignore NTFS junctions

I would suggest to go in two steps :

1. Generate a list of all the junctions in the folder
    2. Create a 7Zip archive from the folder while excluding the files in the list.

For the first step, you may use the following command in a Command Prompt :

Where :

• /A displays all files with a specific attribute, and L specifies reparse points (symlinks and directory junctions)
    • /S makes the command recursive
    • /B specifies the bare format of only file names.

When zipping the folder use the
    -x (Exclude filenames) switch :

harrymc, Apr 13, 2019
  3. user53528 Win User
    Getting listing of files in split-volume 7zip archive

I'm using the following command to create a multi-part (each 1G) 7zip archive under Windows 10 (basically a full backup of my documents area):

This successfully creates about 38 1G files for me. However, I wanted to get a listing of all files in the archive afterwards and I'm stumped as to how to do this. The command:

returns an error:

So the underlying 7z file appears to be visible within the .7z.001 file but it's complaining that it's not a valid archive.

I've also tried it with the -tsplit which removed the error but only then shows the contents as xyzzy.7z without delving in to that file to see its content. In other words, the output is identical to that above but the final line is the one ending 1 files.

Why is this the case? Have I got the command-line parameters wrong? How do I get a file listing out of the split archive?

user53528, Apr 13, 2019
  4. cannot create 7zip archive on c:\

7zip and CPU speed?

Can quad cores and faster dual cores with more L2 extract 7zip archives faster? How much faster would a 3ghz Q6600 or stock E8500 extract compared to my 3.2 e7200?

ShadowFold, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

cannot create 7zip archive on c:\

1. cannot create 7zip archive on c:\ - Similar Threads - cannot create 7zip

2. how to use 7zip?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to use 7zip?: i am trying to use 7zip to extract files for mugen. when i download 7z and put it on my desktop and click “open,” it asks me to allow the app to make changes to my device, and when i click yes, it installs 7-Zip 16.04 but i can’t find the program in my folders and i don’t...
  3. how to use 7zip?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to use 7zip?: i am trying to use 7zip to extract files for mugen. when i download 7z and put it on my desktop and click “open,” it asks me to allow the app to make changes to my device, and when i click yes, it installs 7-Zip 16.04 but i can’t find the program in my folders and i don’t...
  4. Add a feature to create a ZIP archive with a password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add a feature to create a ZIP archive with a password: Hello, if I remember correctly, you have added the native zip archive creation feature in Windows 10. Could you now add in Windows 11 22h2 the creation of ZIP archive with a password protection option like an archiver like 7zip/winrar/winzip does.It's such a basic function,...
  5. Add a feature to create a ZIP archive with a password

Add a feature to create a ZIP archive with a password: Hello, if I remember correctly, you have added the native zip archive creation feature in Windows 10. Could you now add in Windows 11 22h2 the creation of ZIP archive with a password protection option like an archiver like 7zip/winrar/winzip does.It's such a basic function,...
  6. Cannot create temp file archive when trying to install Zoom

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot create temp file archive when trying to install Zoom: Split from this thread. I have Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. when I try to download from zoom.us/download and select "open," I get message popup saying "Cannot create temp file archive. I am trying to load latest version of Zoom. Bill Shafer...
  7. Make Open Archive the default for 7Zip

Make Open Archive the default for 7Zip: I have the 7zip software program. When I double click a file ending in .7z, all that happens is something flashes & disappears. I can right click the file, choose Open Archive & it will open. I would like that to be the default. When I look in File Types Manager, all I see...
  8. cannot create 7zip archive on c:\

cannot create 7zip archive on c:\: Apprently it is a famous issue and i cannot solve it. here is a previous instance https://sourceforge.net/p/sevenzip/d...ad/5120a09d2a/ I install 7z1900-x64.exe on windows 10 1809 and I right click on 7zFM.exe to run it as administrator. I choose to make 7zip the default...
  9. 7zip

7zip: This msg ( 7zip1900-x64.exe is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer ) msg appear atter download is complete, any advise ? 127679
  10. cannot create a file on c drive

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot create a file on c drive: Hi, Anywhere on the c drive, I cannot create files. I can only create folders. How can I change this ? Where in Windows 10 can I set myself as the power user ? 61559