Windows 10: cannot create 7zip archive on c:\

Discus and support cannot create 7zip archive on c:\ in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Apprently it is a famous issue and i cannot solve it. here is a previous instance https://sourceforge.net/p/sevenzip/d...ad/5120a09d2a/ I install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lqlaow, Apr 13, 2019.

1. lqlaow Win User

cannot create 7zip archive on c:\

Apprently it is a famous issue and i cannot solve it. here is a previous instance
    https://sourceforge.net/p/sevenzip/d...ad/5120a09d2a/
    I install 7z1900-x64.exe on windows 10 1809 and I right click on 7zFM.exe to run it as administrator. I choose to make 7zip the default program for all zip files and I choose to enable context menus.

Then when I go to C:\ and want to compress a folder, I right click on the folder and it says
    ''access denied. cannot open file [my file I want to compress]"
    Then I UNchecked the "run as admin" of both .exe in 7zip folder and it says it cannot find the file I want to compress...

so what is the detailed solution to this awful issue about permissions?

:)

lqlaow, Apr 13, 2019
  2. harrymc Win User

7zip force ignore NTFS junctions

I would suggest to go in two steps :

1. Generate a list of all the junctions in the folder
    2. Create a 7Zip archive from the folder while excluding the files in the list.

For the first step, you may use the following command in a Command Prompt :

Where :

• /A displays all files with a specific attribute, and L specifies reparse points (symlinks and directory junctions)
    • /S makes the command recursive
    • /B specifies the bare format of only file names.

When zipping the folder use the
    -x (Exclude filenames) switch :

harrymc, Apr 13, 2019
  3. user53528 Win User
    Getting listing of files in split-volume 7zip archive

I'm using the following command to create a multi-part (each 1G) 7zip archive under Windows 10 (basically a full backup of my documents area):

This successfully creates about 38 1G files for me. However, I wanted to get a listing of all files in the archive afterwards and I'm stumped as to how to do this. The command:

returns an error:

So the underlying 7z file appears to be visible within the .7z.001 file but it's complaining that it's not a valid archive.

I've also tried it with the -tsplit which removed the error but only then shows the contents as xyzzy.7z without delving in to that file to see its content. In other words, the output is identical to that above but the final line is the one ending 1 files.

Why is this the case? Have I got the command-line parameters wrong? How do I get a file listing out of the split archive?

user53528, Apr 13, 2019
  4. cannot create 7zip archive on c:\

7zip and CPU speed?

Can quad cores and faster dual cores with more L2 extract 7zip archives faster? How much faster would a 3ghz Q6600 or stock E8500 extract compared to my 3.2 e7200?

ShadowFold, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

cannot create 7zip archive on c:\

1. cannot create 7zip archive on c:\ - Similar Threads - cannot create 7zip

2. cannot create 7zip archive on c:\

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot create 7zip archive on c:\: Apprently it is a famous issue and i cannot solve it. here is a previous instance https://sourceforge.net/p/sevenzip/d...ad/5120a09d2a/ I install 7z1900-x64.exe on windows 10 1809 and I right click on 7zFM.exe to run it as administrator. I choose to make 7zip the default...
  3. 7zip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    7zip: This msg ( 7zip1900-x64.exe is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer ) msg appear atter download is complete, any advise ? 127679
  4. Zip Archive file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Zip Archive file: How do I unzip a Zip Archive file and make it mp3? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-archive-file/b8bf2df8-678c-4836-9416-e7a15d149299"
  5. failed to decompress the archives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    failed to decompress the archives: I try to install epson xp257 and only get failed to decompress the archives. According to epson, they have no problem with the file, it is a common problem with windows 10. How do I solve it....
  6. archive

in Browsers and Email
    archive: *cry Please help an old man, i have G-MAIL how do i put my mail to archive, i have been dragging and drop to put in my folders but when i go to them the folder is there but nothing inside , i was told the best thing is archive them , I have an archive icon on my hotmail mail...
  7. Cannot Switch/Create Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Switch/Create Accounts: Please move this to the correct forum if this thread is not in the correct area. This is from the start, I upgraded to windows 10.Made a microsoft account and used that to login.Then one day it said that my profile is corrupted.I used another admin account I made to use the...
  8. Cannot Create Recovery USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Create Recovery USB: I have a handful of questions and issues with "Create Recovery Drive" 1. How dose Windows 10 Recovery disk work? When I first tried to create a recovery drive, it specifies the drive size I would need. One said I would need a USB that would take up to 8GB, the other...
  9. cab recognized as archive

in Windows 10 Support
    cab recognized as archive: I want to install update for realtek driver , but the file is not recognized as cab but archive rar even with extension .cab doesn't work . 71067
  10. cannot create a file on c drive

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot create a file on c drive: Hi, Anywhere on the c drive, I cannot create files. I can only create folders. How can I change this ? Where in Windows 10 can I set myself as the power user ? 61559