Windows 10: Cannot Create a Folder HDD

Discus and support Cannot Create a Folder HDD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I have a HDD named "Storage A" which I recently noticed that I cannot create or delete folders. This was not an issue before. I noticed this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JefredEntertainment, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Cannot Create a Folder HDD

Cannot Create a Folder HDD ac537ac5-5607-46af-9ade-ae3dcbd5ed98?upload=true.jpg

I have a HDD named "Storage A" which I recently noticed that I cannot create or delete folders. This was not an issue before. I noticed this problem when steam games suddenly stopped working and my games are stored on this HDD.

When I try to create folder it says this (picture below). Even if I click on continue it just says try again.

Cannot Create a Folder HDD c502a4af-9445-42be-81ed-93f3d949b440?upload=true.jpg

I have checked the permission of the HDD and its says that administrator (which is me) has full access. I have also made Everyone have full access to this drive .

Cannot Create a Folder HDD 8c180f33-3745-4dfc-85de-8724d667291d?upload=true.jpg

I can only delete and add folders on safe mode.

:)

JefredEntertainment, Dec 12, 2018

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Cannot perform backup...Windows asks to create a folder

I am having problems with the back up files, and every time i get a back up i get this message ( Create the missing folder "
    C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\OneDrive\CATS 6A", as listed in the error message). Create a missing folder was suggested by one of the community members, Pls let me know the steps to follow in order to create a missing folder.

Thanks,

Mac

siamaksadjedi, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Cannot Create a Folder HDD

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Cannot Create a Folder HDD

1. Cannot Create a Folder HDD - Similar Threads - Cannot Create Folder

2. Cannot create new folders almost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot create new folders almost: Hello! I recently discovered that I cannot make new folders using File Explorer anywhere, and in some locations like in any subdirectories in C:\Program Files I cannot make new files at all.My testing has shown an exception: I can make new folders using Command Prompt, and I...
  3. Cannot create folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot create folders: Hello,Recently had to install Windows 10 OS to my new Dell Computer -- long story but it had been running an older version and this feature worked fine. Ever since the new OS, I cannot create new folders - cannot right click, or any of the other tricks. The only option is to...
  4. cannot create new folder

cannot create new folder: Suddenly no option to create new folder when right click. How do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-create-new-folder/80843612-3262-4984-b594-d8a07596ea6b
  5. Cannot Create New Folder

Cannot Create New Folder: Hi, I can't create a new folder in my Administrator account but it can be done in another account not administrator. I have followed 5-7 instructions, nothing works. Thanks...
  6. Cannot Create New Folder in Some Folders

Cannot Create New Folder in Some Folders: I cannot create a new folder in the following folders All c:\users\[username]\ Documents Pictures Videos There may be others! Its ok on Desktop. I get a message saying: Item Not Found Could not find this item The item is no longer located in...
  7. Folders being created on my gaming HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folders being created on my gaming HDD: [ATTACH] Hi the screenshot below shows my HDD which is only for storing games. For some reason I am getting folders created msdownload.tmp, Program Files, WindowsAPps, WpSystem. Is there a way to permanently remove these files and stop them from being created on this HDD ?...
  8. cannot create new folder on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot create new folder on desktop: When I right click on the desktop screen and click new folder my screen blanks out then comes back, but am unable to create a new folder. Whats going on here? Thanks for any help. K 131706
  9. Cannot Create New Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Create New Folders: Howdy all, So this problem popped up seemingly right after I switched over to Windows 10. As the title says, I cannot create new folders. Clicking on the New Folder button results in a New Shortcut dialog box popping up. What's even weirder is that the context menu has...
  10. "cannot create file" in programs folder

in Windows 10 Support
    "cannot create file" in programs folder: I'm new to Windows 10 and I'm installing some of my software. I came across this error today running Audio Identifier: The Application encountered an error! (cannot create file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Audio Identifier\settings.xml". Access is denied. I'm guessing it...