Windows 10: Cannot create a login "can't use a work or school email"

Discus and support Cannot create a login "can't use a work or school email" in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Good day, hope all is well, I purchased minecraft windows 10 version as a gift for my second email account so my son and I can play it but I am... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by DunbarDunbar1, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Cannot create a login "can't use a work or school email"

Good day, hope all is well,

I purchased minecraft windows 10 version as a gift for my second email account so my son and I can play it but I am unable to create a Microsoft login. I am getting you can't use a work or school email to setup it up, my email is personal and not for a job or a school.

It allowed this email address to redeem but can't login into the game since I can't create a MS login.

Also there is no option to request a refund in the order history page.

So it's a catch 22.

There is no way to contact support nor an option for this subject Microsoft store, gift refund, or login creation issue so I'm putting it in "windows" category.

I appreciate any help with this,

Dunbar

:)

DunbarDunbar1, Nov 18, 2020
  2. CFrame Win User

School still requiring login changes after disconnecting on my PC

This has been going on for a bit now, and I'm finally getting so fed up with having to brainstorm new pins every 3 months. I initially added my school live account in hopes it would make working between home and school easier. After a while, I found it so
    annoying the issues outweighed the benefits, mainly in the fact I was running out of logins I could easily remember. For some reason, the policy for non-school PC is triple how often you need to reset a school-owned one. Anyways, I disconnected, yet I still
    have the organizational restrictions on my login and consistently have to change everything but my fingerprint, which doesn't always work. Here are the repo steps...

1. Settings -> Accounts -> Access work or school.
    2. Click the profile you wish to disconnect and select "Disconnect".
    3. A) Wait for a month or two until it requires pin reset.

B) Go to Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options and click pin or password. Below it will give you a list of organizational restrictions and hold you to them when creating the pin.
    I can live without a fix, but personally i want my school of my laptop since I won't be going there soon anyways.

CFrame, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Unable to login to PC using Deleted School email account

Hi Michel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand it can be frustrating when you are unable to access the PC using the university account.

1. Do you have any other user account configured on the PC?
    2. Were you able to login using the new Microsoft account previously?
    3. Did you purchase the Windows 10 license from Microsoft store?

As you have mentioned that the school email account have been deleted, in that case you may not be able to login to the PC using the same password.

Also, if you have purchased the license from Microsoft store then I suggest you to get in touch with the
    Microsoft Accounts & Billing support team.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Cannot create a login "can't use a work or school email"

Email

Hello,

Thank you for reaching us on the forum with your concern.

As per the issue description you have two email id's and you want to change your secondary email to primary on your pc.

I would suggest you to switch the login account to Local user account. Then switch back to Microsoft account which you want to use. You may follow the steps provided below:

Step 1: Switch to local user account

Follow these steps to create a “Local User account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • You will get an option “Switch to a Local account” right below your user account name.
    • Select “Switch to a local account” option.
    • Enter the required details.
    • Then login to the local account and check how it works.

Step 2: Switch back to Microsoft account

Follow these steps to create a “Microsoft account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • Select “Switch to Microsoft account” right below your user account name.
    • Enter the required details (Primary Email ID).
    • Restart the computer and then try to login using new Primary account.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Cannot create a login "can't use a work or school email"

1. Cannot create a login "can't use a work or school email" - Similar Threads - Cannot create login

2. No work or school email to login after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No work or school email to login after factory reset: I had to factory reset my laptop and now for me to do anything it asks me to sign in with my work/school email which I currently don't have, I couldn't do anything to turn back from this or go forth and I don't know how how I can fix it I really need to be able to use my...
  3. No work or school email to login after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No work or school email to login after factory reset: I had to factory reset my laptop and now for me to do anything it asks me to sign in with my work/school email which I currently don't have, I couldn't do anything to turn back from this or go forth and I don't know how how I can fix it I really need to be able to use my...
  4. Cannot login work or school account operated by 21vianet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot login work or school account operated by 21vianet: I have a newly installed win11 22621.900 and try to login my school office 365 account in Settings - Accounts - Email & Accounts - Add work or school account.As usual, I already use this login method for my several machines to receive emails via built-in Email UWP and sync...
  5. Cannot login work or school account operated by 21vianet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot login work or school account operated by 21vianet: I have a newly installed win11 22621.900 and try to login my school office 365 account in Settings - Accounts - Email & Accounts - Add work or school account.As usual, I already use this login method for my several machines to receive emails via built-in Email UWP and sync...
  6. can't login to my school email on laptop, but it works on other devices.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    can't login to my school email on laptop, but it works on other devices.: can't login to my school email on laptop, but it works on other devices. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-login-to-my-school-email-on-laptop-but-it/b10bd800-0c8b-4686-bd18-8dcd28738781
  7. Issues with work/school login

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Issues with work/school login: Asking for my UK-based Stepmother!She's had an account with BT for decades and also has a domain hosted by them for her old freelance job, so has a two email accounts that have been working perfectly fine for a very, very long time. These email accounts are hosted on...
  8. Issues with work/school login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with work/school login: Asking for my UK-based Stepmother!She's had an account with BT for decades and also has a domain hosted by them for her old freelance job, so has a two email accounts that have been working perfectly fine for a very, very long time. These email accounts are hosted on...
  9. "Personal email address can't be used for work or school account."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Personal email address can't be used for work or school account.": I've never had a work or school account. Why does this appear occasionally and how do I fix it? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personal-email-address-cant-be-used-for-work-or/12f71c01-a665-4ef9-8c9f-dc16721ff196
  10. Unable to login to PC using Deleted School email account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to login to PC using Deleted School email account: Hi all, My Windows 10 license was on my university e-mail address, which is deleted after I graduated. The result is that I am locked out of my desktop computer, because I activated my Windows 10 license by using my university e-mail address. When I try to enter my...