Windows 10: Cannot Create a "New Folder"/ only Allows me to Create Compressed Zipped Folder. Already...

Discus and support Cannot Create a "New Folder"/ only Allows me to Create Compressed Zipped Folder. Already... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a laptop running Windows:Edition Windows 10 Education Version 21H2 Installed on ‎10/‎13/‎2022 OS build 19044.2965 Experience Windows Feature... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LWeber24, May 21, 2023.

1. LWeber24 Win User

Cannot Create a "New Folder"/ only Allows me to Create Compressed Zipped Folder. Already...

I have a laptop running Windows:Edition Windows 10 Education Version 21H2 Installed on ‎10/‎13/‎2022 OS build 19044.2965 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0 About a week ago I can no longer create a "new folder" but instead can only create a "Compressed Zipped Folder". I tried all tips in this thread that helped others: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for.... Look for the response from Nawar Bin AbdulNazer. NOTHING IS WORKING.Can anyone please help?

:)

LWeber24, May 21, 2023
  2. LyndaBLLK Win User

Creating A Compressed (Zip) Folder

I am trying to compress an image that is 3.6Mb in size. When I create a zip file the new image is the same size-it is not being reduced. Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with the program.

Thanks.

LyndaBLLK, May 21, 2023
  3. dubshot Win User
    Create new compressed folder/zipped folder option missing in "new" label of right click context menu on desktop.

Create a new compressed folder/zipped folder option missing in "new" label of right-click context menu on the desktop. What do I do?
    Cannot Create a "New Folder"/ only Allows me to Create Compressed Zipped Folder. Already... 898ca56f-12a5-43e9-ace7-2e78b437acf7.png

dubshot, May 21, 2023
  4. Cannot Create a "New Folder"/ only Allows me to Create Compressed Zipped Folder. Already...

Creating a zip file for a Photo Gallery folder

1. Select the file(s) and/or folder(s) you want to compress. If you want to zip just one file or folder, skip to

step 2. Otherwise, there are two ways to select multiple files and folders:

To select a consecutive group of files or folders, click the first item, then hold down the Shift key and click on the last item. The two files/folders you selected and everything in between will be selected.

To select non-consecutive files or folders, hold down the Ctrl key as you select the individual files and/or folders.

2. Right-click on the file or folder (or group of files or folders), then point to Send to and select Compressed (zipped) folder.

3.Name the ZIP file. Enter the name you want the zipped file to have or hit Enter to accept the suggested filename.Regards:
    seekersweb.com

GoodScissors965, May 21, 2023
Thema:

Cannot Create a "New Folder"/ only Allows me to Create Compressed Zipped Folder. Already...

1. Cannot Create a "New Folder"/ only Allows me to Create Compressed Zipped Folder. Already... - Similar Threads - Cannot Create Folder

2. Cannot Create a "New Folder"/ only Allows me to Create Compressed Zipped Folder. Already...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Create a "New Folder"/ only Allows me to Create Compressed Zipped Folder. Already...: I have a laptop running Windows:Edition Windows 10 Education Version 21H2 Installed on ‎10/‎13/‎2022 OS build 19044.2965 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0 About a week ago I can no longer create a "new folder" but instead can only create a...
  3. Cannot Create a "New Folder"/ only Allows me to Create Compressed Zipped Folder. Already...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Create a "New Folder"/ only Allows me to Create Compressed Zipped Folder. Already...: I have a laptop running Windows:Edition Windows 10 Education Version 21H2 Installed on ‎10/‎13/‎2022 OS build 19044.2965 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0 About a week ago I can no longer create a "new folder" but instead can only create a...
  4. cannot create new folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot create new folder: Suddenly no option to create new folder when right click. How do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-create-new-folder/80843612-3262-4984-b594-d8a07596ea6b
  5. Cannot Create New Folder

Cannot Create New Folder: Hi, I can't create a new folder in my Administrator account but it can be done in another account not administrator. I have followed 5-7 instructions, nothing works. Thanks...
  6. Cannot Create New Folder in Some Folders

Cannot Create New Folder in Some Folders: I cannot create a new folder in the following folders All c:\users\[username]\ Documents Pictures Videos There may be others! Its ok on Desktop. I get a message saying: Item Not Found Could not find this item The item is no longer located in...
  7. Compressed zipped Folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Compressed zipped Folders: The popup shoes please insert the last Buddhist all the multi-volume set and click okay to continue I have tried looking online to find a solution for this problem but have not been able to I am using Microsoft Windows 10 home to pop up every time I open up Explorer this...
  8. Creating A Compressed (Zip) Folder

Creating A Compressed (Zip) Folder: I am trying to compress an image that is 3.6Mb in size. When I create a zip file the new image is the same size-it is not being reduced. Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with the program. Thanks....
  9. Compressed zipped folder not created for folders with many files and at least three...

Compressed zipped folder not created for folders with many files and at least three...: When I attempt to send a folder that has many files and at least three sub-folder levels by right clicking the folder, hovering to 'Send to' and then clicking the 'compressed (zipped) folder', nothing happens. But when I perform the same procedure of sending a folder to...
  10. Cannot Create New Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Create New Folders: Howdy all, So this problem popped up seemingly right after I switched over to Windows 10. As the title says, I cannot create new folders. Clicking on the New Folder button results in a New Shortcut dialog box popping up. What's even weirder is that the context menu has...