Windows 10: Cannot create a new user (The User Profile Service failed the logon) ?

Discus and support Cannot create a new user (The User Profile Service failed the logon) ? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a Dell laptop that seems to work fine. I did a hard drive check and seems OK. I created a new user in the control panel / users in the normal... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Bansaw, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Bansaw Win User

Cannot create a new user (The User Profile Service failed the logon) ?

I have a Dell laptop that seems to work fine.
    I did a hard drive check and seems OK.

I created a new user in the control panel / users in the normal way.
    Went through all the security questions etc etc - and everything seemed to go fine.
    Great... so I rebooted and tried to login as the new user.

It gave me an error , "The User Profile Service failed the logon."

When I look on the C drive in the Users dir, there is no user being created.
    In Regedit, there is no new user in the place where it should be. Why?

The creation process went well and it was OK.
    I even tried creating the user again, - same issue.
    Any ideas?

:)

Bansaw, Nov 7, 2018

2. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Nov 7, 2018
  3. user profile service failed the logon

Hi,

There could be a software conflict that is why you're getting the error message
    USER PROFILE SERVICE FAILED THE LOGON

To resolve this issue, we suggest following the steps given by Bill Smithers on this
    thread and see if the issue will persist.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Cannot create a new user (The User Profile Service failed the logon) ?

(WINDOWS 10)"The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."

I have a windows 10 and created a guest login. But when I try to logon, i get "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded." Please help. And i'm no tech so please explain
    each step

AshleyStrange, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Cannot create a new user (The User Profile Service failed the logon) ?

1. Cannot create a new user (The User Profile Service failed the logon) ? - Similar Threads - Cannot create user

2. User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded: I recently resettled my gaming PC, so I can free up all 200GB/1TB of my space on my disks. After resetting it I was prompted with the “User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded”. I’ve seen multiple videos on how you can fix it by entering...
  3. User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded: I recently resettled my gaming PC, so I can free up all 200GB/1TB of my space on my disks. After resetting it I was prompted with the “User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded”. I’ve seen multiple videos on how you can fix it by entering...
  4. User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. user profile service failed the logon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    user profile service failed the logon: I am not able to login to my windows laptop. On the login page, user profile service failed the logon message is being displayed. It is saying your pin is not available, and asks me to set up pin. When I click it the above error message pops up. Also the keyboard is not...
  6. user profile service failed the logon

user profile service failed the logon: I am not able to login to my windows laptop. On the login page, user profile service failed the logon message is being displayed. It is saying your pin is not available, and asks me to set up pin. When I click it the above error message pops up. Also the keyboard is not...
  7. User profile service service failed the logon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User profile service service failed the logon: Recently my keyboard stopped working. Due to the fact that my laptop did not experience any physical damage, I reset my laptop in the hopes that it was a software problem. After resetting my laptop I have been unable to login to my laptop with it saying “user profile service...
  8. User profile service service failed the logon

User profile service service failed the logon: Recently my keyboard stopped working. Due to the fact that my laptop did not experience any physical damage, I reset my laptop in the hopes that it was a software problem. After resetting my laptop I have been unable to login to my laptop with it saying “user profile service...
  9. The User Profile Service service failed to logon. User Profile cannot be loaded (Windows...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The User Profile Service service failed to logon. User Profile cannot be loaded (Windows...: My daughter got this message when she tried to login on the laptop. Then several more attempts at login also failed. I then logged in as administrator and checked to see if the profile folders, files, and NTUSER.DAT file were there. All OK. I tried a few things to get...
  10. Cannot create a new user (The User Profile Service failed the logon) ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a new user (The User Profile Service failed the logon) ?: I have a Dell laptop that seems to work fine. I did a hard drive check and seems OK. I created a new user in the control panel / users in the normal way. Went through all the security questions etc etc - and everything seemed to go fine. Great... so I rebooted and tried to...