Windows 10: Cannot create a PIN in Windows Hello

Discus and support Cannot create a PIN in Windows Hello in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I cannot create a PIN in Windows Hello after a factory reset of Windows 10. When I click the ADD button under PIN, the little spinning circle icon... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Gabriel Ve, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Cannot create a PIN in Windows Hello

I cannot create a PIN in Windows Hello after a factory reset of Windows 10. When I click the ADD button under PIN, the little spinning circle icon appears and it just keeps spinning forever. One time after restart I also succeeded to start Window Hello with a local account, but get stopped att the same stage the Pin-button greys out. There is thus no way to access the computer! Please help!

:)

Gabriel Ve, Aug 6, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Aug 6, 2020
  3. I cannot create a PIN in Windows Hello

I cannot create a PIN in Windows Hello. When I click the ADD button under PIN, the little spinning circle icon appears and it just keeps spinning forever.

Original subject: Windws Hello

Robert J Spear, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Cannot create a PIN in Windows Hello

cannot find windows hello pin

Hello,

Try to enable PIN using registry. Try these steps:

1. Open Registry Editor.
    2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System.
    3. Set AllowDomainPINLogon to 1.
    4. Close Registry Editor and reboot your system.

Hope this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Cannot create a PIN in Windows Hello

1. Cannot create a PIN in Windows Hello - Similar Threads - Cannot create PIN

2. I cannot create a PIN Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot create a PIN Windows Hello: I am trying to create a PIN Windows Hello for my computer. I go in Settings->Accounts->Sign-in options->PINWindows Hello->Set up then it opens a window Picture 1, then I press next and opens another window Picture 2. When I select I forgot my PIN it sends me to Sign-in...
  3. I cannot create a PIN Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot create a PIN Windows Hello: I am trying to create a PIN Windows Hello for my computer. I go in Settings->Accounts->Sign-in options->PINWindows Hello->Set up then it opens a window Picture 1, then I press next and opens another window Picture 2. When I select I forgot my PIN it sends me to Sign-in...
  4. Creating windows hello pin

Creating windows hello pin: When signing in to Microsoft accounts, I can sign in but then screen pops up saying to create windows hello pin , I can’t a screen pops up saying it couldn’t create pin to skip for now or try again, when I click try again or skip for now it kicks me back to the sign in screen...
  5. Creating windows hello pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Creating windows hello pin: When signing in to Microsoft accounts, I can sign in but then screen pops up saying to create windows hello pin , I can’t a screen pops up saying it couldn’t create pin to skip for now or try again, when I click try again or skip for now it kicks me back to the sign in screen...
  6. Creating windows hello pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows Hello Sign In PIN Not Creating

Windows Hello Sign In PIN Not Creating: Hello thereI am trying to create a PIN but once I finish creating the PIN, it says 'Something went wrong. We weren't able to set up your PIN. You can try again, or skip this step and set up a PIN later'I tried doing it again and again for at least 5 times and it still doesn't...
  8. Issue creating a windows hello pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue creating a windows hello pin: After setting up my laptop for the first time, I then restarted it to get the updates. However then when j tried to sign back in I was directed to sign into my mircosoft account and then to create a windows hello pin. Every time I have done this it says there was an error and...
  9. Issue creating a windows hello pin

Issue creating a windows hello pin: After setting up my laptop for the first time, I then restarted it to get the updates. However then when j tried to sign back in I was directed to sign into my mircosoft account and then to create a windows hello pin. Every time I have done this it says there was an error and...
  10. cannot create Window hello

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot create Window hello: I created a new Admin Account and tried to set up Windows Hello on this new account. But the system says that Windows Hello is created on the different account and I should remove it. But the problem is that I don’t have other accounts on this computer....