Windows 10: Cannot create a system image after cancelling halfway (Windows 7 Backup & Restore Tool)

Discus and support Cannot create a system image after cancelling halfway (Windows 7 Backup & Restore Tool) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello! I recently tried to create a system image in Windows 10 using the Windows 7 Backup and Restore Tool, but I had to cancel it halfway... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/stripped-screw, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Cannot create a system image after cancelling halfway (Windows 7 Backup & Restore Tool)

Cannot create a system image after cancelling halfway (Windows 7 Backup & Restore Tool) u0X1dFsTnG1jBDB39bYnUpIcVUuA8z2jm7Bt6ez9OWQ.jpg

Hello!

I recently tried to create a system image in Windows 10 using the Windows 7 Backup and Restore Tool, but I had to cancel it halfway because I forgot to add some extra applications.

After I added the extra applications, and I tried to re-create the failed system image, I can no longer select my external hard drive. I can only select the "On a network connection" option.

https://preview.redd.it/gt2jalnbbro...bp&s=dcce4f1da929fa9729bd62dffc84e99777d7aa79

When I try to select the "On a hard disk" option, it says I can refresh, which automatically brings me back to the "On a network Location" option.

https://preview.redd.it/gbcear3kbro...bp&s=5c0509ae49812e36f5c7201ae8dc3b1131b138e8

I have looked up this issue online, and they say that if you delete the "WindowsImageBackup" folder on the drive you attempted to back up to, it should give you the option to select your External Hard Drive. However, after restarting my computer and attempting to do this again produces the same result.

I have already tried talking to Microsoft Support about this issue multiple times, and one of the representatives told me this was impossible since it is a Windows 7 tool only. -_-

The 2nd time I called, they hung up while I was on hold.

All I want to do is back up a system image on my external hard drive. If the Windows 7 tool is outdated and there is a better (free) third-party tool, I would greatly appreciate the recommendation.

submitted by /u/stripped-screw
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/stripped-screw, Sep 22, 2020

2. Can't Create a Backup or System Image in Window 10

I've been trying to create a backup and system image for some time now, but my computer keeps stalling at 97% completion (creating a system image) even when I leave it overnight.

Tool I'm using: Control Panel\System and Security\Backup and Restore (Windows 7)

The system image should be less than 300GB and I'm using a 400 GB partition on an external hard drive to create the backup.

Steps I've taken:

- Run windows defender to remove a virus (this was the initial reason I couldn't create a system image)

- Turn off windows defender

- I've removed any previous "partial system image" or backup files from the partitioned hard drive each time I try.

The process stops at 97% each time as it's trying to create a system image.

How can I troubleshoot and get this process completed?

Thank you.

LandonHarman, Sep 22, 2020
  3. papachra Win User
    Restoring Image Backup to an identical PC

I have created an system image backup of my Windows 10 using "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" tool in order to give my laptop for service. In case the laptop is replaced with a similar one (having also preinstalled the same Windows 10 version), is it possible
    to restore the backup image without any problem with the activation? Is there some specific steps I should follow to activate it?

papachra, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Cannot create a system image after cancelling halfway (Windows 7 Backup & Restore Tool)

Windows 7 Image

Was going to post the same link *Smile Cannot create a system image after cancelling halfway (Windows 7 Backup & Restore Tool) :) It's an awesome feature in Win 7, recommend it after intstall and device driver install, and before installing software and external drivers.

Hard to understand the question. You can save the image to another disk, then restore it using this proceedure:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/7702/restoring-windows-7-from-an-image-backup/

Sasqui, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

Cannot create a system image after cancelling halfway (Windows 7 Backup & Restore Tool)

1. Cannot create a system image after cancelling halfway (Windows 7 Backup & Restore Tool) - Similar Threads - Cannot create system

2. Create A System Image Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create A System Image Backup: I'm trying to create a system image backup of my Windows 10 machine in case something goes wrong with one of its components, and unfortunately it says "Backup failed. Not enough disk space.". This is despite the fact that my external hard drive has 2.34 TB of free disk space,...
  3. Create A System Image Backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create A System Image Backup: I'm trying to create a system image backup of my Windows 10 machine in case something goes wrong with one of its components, and unfortunately it says "Backup failed. Not enough disk space.". This is despite the fact that my external hard drive has 2.34 TB of free disk space,...
  4. Can't create system image using Windows 7 backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't create system image using Windows 7 backup: Can I still use a system image from Backup Windows 7 even when it "encounters a problem"? I have tried multiple times and keep getting the same error - that it "encounters a problem" with specific folders. I've tried deleting those folders one of them doesn't even show up in...
  5. Can't create system image using Windows 7 backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't create system image using Windows 7 backup: Can I still use a system image from Backup Windows 7 even when it "encounters a problem"? I have tried multiple times and keep getting the same error - that it "encounters a problem" with specific folders. I've tried deleting those folders one of them doesn't even show up in...
  6. Can't create system image using Windows 7 backup

7. Create a backup system image

Create a backup system image: Having a real issue with creating a backup system image on my wife's laptop.The last one was created January 23, 2022 with no problems but we have tried about five times and it completes to about 97% and then stalls. Looking at it, the backup is shown as still working but we...
  8. Cannot create system image backup

Cannot create system image backup: I want to create a system image backup but I can't because I don't have enough space to store it. I checked and noticed when I backed up it included drive E even though I didn't install any operating system on this drive....
  9. Is it possible to create and restore a backup without a system image?

Is it possible to create and restore a backup without a system image?: I have wasted a week trying to backup my computer because I've been warned the hard drive will fail. Every time I get to 97% - which takes a day - it stalls. I have run chkdsk - also one day - and found some problems. I have a feeling each time I run it and each time I...
  10. Create backup system image

Create backup system image: Trying to back up my hard drive as a "system image". I see the option in the videos, but when I click on Settings, Backup, the "system image" option is not there. It just says "save these files" and lists a bunch of data files. How to create a system image? The Microsoft...