Windows 10: Cannot create another user profile

Discus and support Cannot create another user profile in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I tried to create another user other than family, but when I click on other user, nothing happens. My windows is legit.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by D.Sterling, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Cannot create another user profile

I tried to create another user other than family, but when I click on other user, nothing happens. My windows is legit.

:)

D.Sterling, Dec 10, 2020

2. I can't create a New User Profile that is Not Corrupt! Please Help!

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in creating the new user profile on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

As a work around, I suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account, log-in with the admin account to create a new user profile and check if you are able to check. This will let us know if the issue persists with user account or the operating system.

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in admin account.

Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 2: Refer to the articles to create a test user account/ Microsoft account respectively.

For Local account: Create a local user account in Windows 10

For Microsoft account: Help with Microsoft account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of creating new user profile for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 10, 2020
  3. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hi Annie,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with the user accounts on Windows 10.

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

Command Prompt.

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    d. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

Create a user account in Windows

Note: Create a Microsoft account

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Cannot create another user profile

Windows 10 can't load the user profile for a new user account

Hi Judy

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. .

I would suggest you to follow the method give below and check.

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

Command Prompt.

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    d. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

Create a user account in Windows

Note: Create a Microsoft account

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Ashish Sondhi, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Cannot create another user profile

1. Cannot create another user profile - Similar Threads - Cannot create another

2. Not able to create another user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not able to create another user: I created a new local user, but when i restarted only my old user is showing and the newly created user is not showing Why is this happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-create-another-user/39857e01-b148-45bc-a8e1-634d09375194
  3. Help creating user profiles.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help creating user profiles.: Hi! I'm trying to create a new user profile on my computer. The problem is that I can't figure out how to configure it so both accounts are entirely separated. For example, I can't prevent the other account from accessing the main account's apps, downloads, appdata folders,...
  4. User Service Profile Cannot be Loaded-New profile created

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Service Profile Cannot be Loaded-New profile created: My child is not able to login to his account, received the User Service profile cannot be loaded message. I have performed disk cleanup, restarted laptop numerous, ran in safety mode several times still received same result. Created a brand new profile for my child, restarted...
  5. Creating User Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating User Profile: hey, it is possible to create another user account with admin privileges but not being able to delete another admin user account? if so, how? windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-user-profile/14a0ba41-d9f0-4696-843a-c6788a0fb8a8
  6. Cannot create a new user (The User Profile Service failed the logon) ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot create a new user (The User Profile Service failed the logon) ?: I have a Dell laptop that seems to work fine. I did a hard drive check and seems OK. I created a new user in the control panel / users in the normal way. Went through all the security questions etc etc - and everything seemed to go fine. Great... so I rebooted and tried to...
  7. Cannot create a new user (The User Profile Service failed the logon) ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a new user (The User Profile Service failed the logon) ?: I have a Dell laptop that seems to work fine. I did a hard drive check and seems OK. I created a new user in the control panel / users in the normal way. Went through all the security questions etc etc - and everything seemed to go fine. Great... so I rebooted and tried to...
  8. Linking another user profile path to the current user profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Linking another user profile path to the current user profile: Hi guys, A couple of days ago, I saw my friend being able to log in without password and I was eager to set it too so I went online to search for the way and end up going into win + r and type in netplwiz which brings up user account. I click on edit and accidentally hit on...
  9. Cannot create user profiles in Windows 10

Cannot create user profiles in Windows 10: After the anniversary update, i can't create a new profile for a local user, which means this user can't log on (User Profile Service is not loading).And no, I do not have a restore point (a long sad story which doesn't add to the solution, I think) Also, my Main account...
  10. Cannot add another User profile..

Cannot add another User profile..: I started a clean install yesterday and after today I am trying to install another user profile. I went to settings; Accounts; Family and other users; Add someone else to this PC; and all I get is "Something went wrong". Any ideas? 30055