Windows 10: Cannot create any file exception - folders. Require administator rights. But I already have it.

Discus and support Cannot create any file exception - folders. Require administator rights. But I already have it. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Today - i turned on my laptop in order to do a couple of practical tasks. Nothing unusual, but i got deviation and make folder in C. Having thus seen a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LancelotovichLancelot, May 10, 2021.

1. Cannot create any file exception - folders. Require administator rights. But I already have it.

Today - i turned on my laptop in order to do a couple of practical tasks. Nothing unusual, but i got deviation and make folder in C. Having thus seen a strange picture - i can't create anything, except - folders. Alert "Access denied". In last time, when i create files in disk C - all was fine ~1 week ago, i scan my computer and see - Trojan.Sharter eliminated it, althought problem still exsit. Try to manage access settings add Users like particular subject - no result. I haven't reset the security settings yet.

:)

LancelotovichLancelot, May 10, 2021

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 10, 2021
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Lost folders on Update

Hi,

There are ways to recover some missing files on Windows 10. For us to help you recover them, we'd like to ask a few things. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you using an Administator account to search for the missing folders/files?
    • Are you able to find the missing files/folders using Search?
    • What specific files/folders are missing?

Meanwhile, as an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you check this
    article
    and follow the troubleshooting steps given.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, May 10, 2021
  4. temp02 Win User

Cannot create any file exception - folders. Require administator rights. But I already have it.

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, May 10, 2021
Thema:

Cannot create any file exception - folders. Require administator rights. But I already have it.

1. Cannot create any file exception - folders. Require administator rights. But I already have it. - Similar Threads - Cannot create file

2. I can't create files except the ability to create a folder anywhere

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't create files except the ability to create a folder anywhere: Microsoft, I am very sorry for writing in the questions, but let this question remain as a guide to solving the problem. so you cannot create any files.it can only be solved by allowing yourself to create, record and change something.this needs to be configured in the...
  3. I can't create files except the ability to create a folder anywhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't create files except the ability to create a folder anywhere: Microsoft, I am very sorry for writing in the questions, but let this question remain as a guide to solving the problem. so you cannot create any files.it can only be solved by allowing yourself to create, record and change something.this needs to be configured in the...
  4. I can't create files except the ability to create a folder anywhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. mklink cannot create file already exists

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mklink cannot create file already exists: Just ran into a ""we can't sign into your account" problem due to some unnecessary update that has clearly messed up my registry. Anyway, I have gone down the duplicating and restoring to a new account. Again one step forward and three back. I heavily rely in mklinks They are...
  6. mklink cannot create file already exists

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mklink cannot create file already exists: Just ran into a ""we can't sign into your account" problem due to some unnecessary update that has clearly messed up my registry. Anyway, I have gone down the duplicating and restoring to a new account. Again one step forward and three back. I heavily rely in mklinks They are...
  7. mklink cannot create file already exists

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Cannot create a file when that file already exists

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a file when that file already exists: I've been trying for hours to get this working, but it keeps giving me the same error. I'm not an expert with computers and windows. This is what i've been entering: mklink /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods" "D:\sorce" Please help. 156254
  9. Loss of administator rights

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Loss of administator rights: Hello All While setting up my PC after upgrading from win7 I appear to have lost all my administrator rights. I can no longer open the (UAC) User Account Control. When I try to the "Yes" button is greyed out, and a message says that I need to enter an administrator...
  10. Cannot create a folder as Windows says it already exists

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a folder as Windows says it already exists: 1) In May I created a folder on my mothers computer called "2016 Pics." When I visited her this past week the folder and it's contents were missing. I did file/folder search for the folder with no luck. each time I try to make a new folder with this same name Windows says the...