Windows 10: Cannot Create Direct Network Connection between PC and MacBook Air

Discus and support Cannot Create Direct Network Connection between PC and MacBook Air in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using Uni USB-c to Ethernet adapter to connect HP Pavilion Laptop 15, running Windows 10 to brand new MacBook Air. The Mac recognizes the USB. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CraigElderkin, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Cannot Create Direct Network Connection between PC and MacBook Air

I am using Uni USB-c to Ethernet adapter to connect HP Pavilion Laptop 15, running Windows 10 to brand new MacBook Air.

The Mac recognizes the USB. I used the adapter and Cat 5 cable to connect MacBook to my router and it worked as it should.

I used the adapter and Cat 5 cable to connect my PC to the router and it worked.

However, the PC network does not recognize the MacBook when they are connected to each other.

The network page in Windows says I have unrecognized network. Ran the trouble shooter, which reported that "ethernet has does not have valid IP address".

Both Windows and iOs are up to date. I have uninstalled network adapter and USB, checked for updated drivers. I turned off IPv6.

:)

CraigElderkin, Sep 28, 2020
  2. PeterHouk Win User

trying to connect through Wifi but when i double click on the Macbook Air it prompts for the Credentials

Original Title: Network Credentials

I am using a wifi network for a surface 3 with windows 10 and attempting to connect to an Apple Macbook Air on the same network. I can see the both computers on the Network Page in Settings. When I double click on the Macbook Air a windows security screen
    opens asking me to enter Network Credentials to connect to the Macbook Air.

The network credentials are a User Name and a Password.

Where can I find these? I have no recollection of setting this up.

Many thanks for any help.

Peter

PeterHouk, Sep 28, 2020
  3. MacBook Air

I bought a MacBook Air and can't use it Cannot Create Direct Network Connection between PC and MacBook Air :( Can I run windows 10 on it?

Keith Goodwin, Sep 28, 2020
  4. kusum Win User

Cannot Create Direct Network Connection between PC and MacBook Air

Why MacBook Air is taking much time in startup?

My MacBook Air is just 9 months old and now it started taking much more time than usual in the startup. The system and version of this MacBook is up to date. Suggest me the reasons and solutions for those, please.

kusum, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Cannot Create Direct Network Connection between PC and MacBook Air

1. Cannot Create Direct Network Connection between PC and MacBook Air - Similar Threads - Cannot Create Direct

2. Something happened to my MacBook Air

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something happened to my MacBook Air: I was about to do something on my MacBook Air. However, as soon as I opened up my microphone, my computer and trackpad froze. I tried closing it, then reopening it. The screen would constantly go black, except for the cursor, and the trackpad would work. My keyboard was also...
  3. locked microsoft icons on macbook air

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    locked microsoft icons on macbook air: All my Microsoft icons on my macbook air are locked with a grey NO symbol. How do I unlock them? I purchased Microsoft on 27 January 2016. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-microsoft-icons-on-macbook-air/dfe3eb83-df77-4b70-acbd-d9d7a2202d1c
  4. MacBook Air or Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    MacBook Air or Pro: Hi, Ive never had a Mac and thought Id treat myself, could anyone give me some advice. I dont know what to buy between the MacBook Air (m1) or Pro 13 (m1). Ill be using which ever Im adviced to pick for coding, internet and a little gaming. PS - Sorry if its not allowed,...
  5. Windows 10 on MacBook Air? (Bootcamp)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 on MacBook Air? (Bootcamp): Thinking of getting MacBook Air but running Windows 10. Anyone have experience? Just want to know if there are any issues I just love the apple hardware and look but want to run WINDOWS OS for school submitted by /u/fresean [link] [comments]...
  6. Can't connect MacBook Air to Windows 10 Hotspot specifically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect MacBook Air to Windows 10 Hotspot specifically: Hi, Until today I had been able to connect through my mac to my PC hotspot through a usb adapter but suddenly today it stopped working. I am able to connect to any other network both wifi and ethernet using my mac and I am able to connect to the windows hotspot through my...
  7. MacBook Air

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MacBook Air: I bought a MacBook Air and can't use it : Can I run windows 10 on it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/macbook-air/9d569883-c8f6-47ab-9ce5-ba68a576d7e5"
  8. bootcamp installation failed in Macbook air

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bootcamp installation failed in Macbook air: I have windows 10 iso disc image, it is not installed in my MacBook Air always says bootcamp installation failed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bootcamp-installation-failed-in-macbook-air/905399a2-845b-4467-a91a-3d926ca07b31
  9. Unable to connect to PC using Microsoft Remote Desktop running on a Macbook Air

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to connect to PC using Microsoft Remote Desktop running on a Macbook Air: I have recently added the Microsoft Remote Desktop app to my iPad, and the remote connection works perfectly to my PC running Windows 10. I have just added the app to my Macbook Air and attempted to connect, but I constantly receive an error message - Error Code: 0x204. I...
  10. Windows on Macbook Air

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows on Macbook Air: I installed & purchased Windows 10 Home on my 2018 MacBook air. Is there a way to use Touch ID to log into accounts or use as a security feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-on-macbook-air/05b688ee-73a2-4f38-adc9-21753ff19901