Windows 10: cannot create folders or shortcuts in windows 10

Discus and support cannot create folders or shortcuts in windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Cannot create folders or shortcuts in windows 10 after update about 2 months ago.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoeUtasi, Apr 12, 2019.

1. JoeUtasi Win User

cannot create folders or shortcuts in windows 10

Cannot create folders or shortcuts in windows 10 after update about 2 months ago.

:)

JoeUtasi, Apr 12, 2019

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 12, 2019
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Apr 12, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

1. cannot create folders or shortcuts in windows 10 - Similar Threads - cannot create folders

2. Cannot send Shortcut to Desktop and cannot create New Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot send Shortcut to Desktop and cannot create New Folders: Hi, I'm using Win 10 Home and have reached the point where I cannot send a shortcut to the Desktop and cannot create new folders. I have checked the system files and found no problems. I'm afraid I'm going to do a reinstall of Windows which scares me. Ztruker asked: You asked...
  3. cannot send shortcut to Desktop and cannot create new folders

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot send shortcut to Desktop and cannot create new folders: Hi all, Appreciate all the welcome posts. I'm using Win 10 Home and have reached the point where I cannot send a shortcut to the Desktop and cannot create new folders. I have checked the system files and found no problems. I'm afraid I'm going to do a reinstall of Windows...
  4. Cannot create a new folder Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot create a new folder Windows 10: I cannot create a new folder in Windows 10 20H2 19042.804 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-create-a-new-folder-windows-10/189323fc-d694-4eaf-91b4-6f0f46d2cf2a
  5. Cannot create new folder on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot create new folder on Windows 10: Just like the title, I cannot create new folder on windows 10. I have tried these so far: 1. Open windows 10 in safe mode 2. Create new key in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers 3. This Cannot Create/rename folders - Microsoft Community 4....
  6. Cannot create a new folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot create a new folder in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Users have reported a weird issue where they cannot create new folders in Windows 10, using the right-click context menu. This is true for both the Desktop and inside other folders. If you face this issue, read on. Cannot create [...] This post Cannot create...
  7. Create Printers Folder Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Printers Folder Shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Printers Folder Shortcut in Windows [img] Information The Printers folder allows you to see all printers in one location to make it easy to manage them. This tutorial will show you how to create or download a Printers folder shortcut in Windows 7,...
  8. Create Recent Folders Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Recent Folders Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Recent Folders Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Recent Folders Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information Recent Folders (aka: Recent Places) is a list of folders that you have used or opened recently. These recent folders are also included under...
  9. Create Shared Folders shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Shared Folders shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Shared Folders shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Shared Folders Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use the Shared Folders Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in to centrally manage file shares on a computer. Shared Folders enables...
  10. Create OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your PC, tablet, or phone. This tutorial...