Windows 10: Cannot create Hello PIN in latest Win 11 update

Discus and support Cannot create Hello PIN in latest Win 11 update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; With the latest update to Win11 my PIN got messed up. It no longer allows me to sign in using the PIN, it only asks for the password and I cannot Set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by gpthree-B83AB62B-65FB-424, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Cannot create Hello PIN in latest Win 11 update

With the latest update to Win11 my PIN got messed up. It no longer allows me to sign in using the PIN, it only asks for the password and I cannot Set Up a PIN in Windows Hello. It keeps saying something went wrong. Ive tried different solutions with no result. Is there a way to delete a PIN and start over. Ive already tried it with renaming the ngc folder.

:)

gpthree-B83AB62B-65FB-424, Sep 29, 2022
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Sep 29, 2022
  3. B_Patel Win User
    Unable to create Windows Hello PIN

Hi,

I have just bought second hand Lenovo T470s Laptop, which reset to factory setting (I believe). Now, I am trying to setup the Hello PIN first time and getting the following error:

"we weren't able to set up your pin. you can try again, or skip this step and set up a pin later."

Any suggestion on how to solve this??

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

B Patel

B_Patel, Sep 29, 2022
  4. Cannot create Hello PIN in latest Win 11 update

Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Sep 29, 2022
Thema:

Cannot create Hello PIN in latest Win 11 update

1. Cannot create Hello PIN in latest Win 11 update - Similar Threads - Cannot create Hello

2. I cannot create a PIN Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot create a PIN Windows Hello: I am trying to create a PIN Windows Hello for my computer. I go in Settings->Accounts->Sign-in options->PINWindows Hello->Set up then it opens a window Picture 1, then I press next and opens another window Picture 2. When I select I forgot my PIN it sends me to Sign-in...
  3. I cannot create a PIN Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot create a PIN Windows Hello: I am trying to create a PIN Windows Hello for my computer. I go in Settings->Accounts->Sign-in options->PINWindows Hello->Set up then it opens a window Picture 1, then I press next and opens another window Picture 2. When I select I forgot my PIN it sends me to Sign-in...
  4. Unable to create a hello pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to create a hello pin: I am trying to create a hello pin for my Microsoft account which is prompted right after I enter the password, it says something went wrong, try again later, when I tap on skip for now option, it brings me back to the same login page and thus disallowing me to access my...
  5. Unable to create a hello pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create a hello pin: I am trying to create a hello pin for my Microsoft account which is prompted right after I enter the password, it says something went wrong, try again later, when I tap on skip for now option, it brings me back to the same login page and thus disallowing me to access my...
  6. Unable to create a hello pin

7. Creating windows hello pin

Creating windows hello pin: When signing in to Microsoft accounts, I can sign in but then screen pops up saying to create windows hello pin , I can’t a screen pops up saying it couldn’t create pin to skip for now or try again, when I click try again or skip for now it kicks me back to the sign in screen...
  8. Creating windows hello pin

Creating windows hello pin: When signing in to Microsoft accounts, I can sign in but then screen pops up saying to create windows hello pin , I can’t a screen pops up saying it couldn’t create pin to skip for now or try again, when I click try again or skip for now it kicks me back to the sign in screen...
  9. Cannot create Hello PIN in latest Win 11 update

Cannot create Hello PIN in latest Win 11 update: With the latest update to Win11 my PIN got messed up. It no longer allows me to sign in using the PIN, it only asks for the password and I cannot Set Up a PIN in Windows Hello. It keeps saying something went wrong. Ive tried different solutions with no result. Is there a way...
  10. Cannot create a PIN in Windows Hello

Cannot create a PIN in Windows Hello: I cannot create a PIN in Windows Hello after a factory reset of Windows 10. When I click the ADD button under PIN, the little spinning circle icon appears and it just keeps spinning forever. One time after restart I also succeeded to start Window Hello with a local account,...