Windows 10: Cannot create local users if you are using Chinese, Japanese, or Korean IME on Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot create local users if you are using Chinese, Japanese, or Korean IME on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Some users are encountering the issue preventing them from creating local users when setting up a new Windows 10 device using Input... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 6, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Cannot create local users if you are using Chinese, Japanese, or Korean IME on Windows 10

WinClub, Nov 6, 2019
  2. 한곤김 Win User

Some problems in IME for Chinese and Korean

Microsoft IME for Chinese and Korean has some problem.

1. Touchscreen interface.

I use ChangJIe IME in touchscreen. ChangJie IME input is based on Chinese calligraphy and is not phonetic based. In most time, we can easily get only one candidate character. (For example, 倉=人戈日口, no other candidates). So, most time we don't need to select
    character from candidate list. In real keyboard, we press "Space" instead of press number to select character. But somehow, touchscreen keyboard "DOESN'T" allow me to use space key to select character so I need to touch character in the list (even there only
    one) and is very inconvenient. In Android or iOS uses "Space" to hit and select candidate key. If you understand some Chinese, try to see HK Microsoft community and many Hong Kong people complain this problem but seems they just say "We will improve"?

2. Also touchscreen keyboard, why keystroke appears in the input box? Example, assume we input 倉= 人戈日口(OIAR) so we need press 人戈日口(OIAR) but this will appear in the input box not above touchscreen IME so I need to move my eyes from top to bottom(Example
    we use edge to try search something on the web so we need to type Chinese in the address bar) to see if there is any typo. In Android or iOS system keystrokes will appear at the top of the IME. This should be improved.

3. Why Chinese and Korean IME include English keyboard??

I understand most Korean and Chinese people can only speak one or two languages and their display language is also in either Korean or Chinese so therefore they don't need to frequently switch IME and they usually use "Shift" and "Left Alt" to switch English
    input instead of use "Windows + Space" to switch different IME. But why don't you make an option allows Chinese and Korean IME doesn't allow to input English? It is VERY INCONVENIENT when I switch to different language and start to type, it shows English instead
    of Korean or Chinese. in Mac OS, you know they use "Command + Shift" and each IME only has one language and doesn't have problem I just explained. I added "English" in language list to use English as displayed language so English IME also appears in the IME
    list. This makes me to feel I have "Three" English keyboard plus Korean and Chinese keyboard. I'm so sad when I switch to different language and use "Backspace" to remove wrong characters and use "Shift" or "Left Alt" to change language again but I already
    changed to different IME.

4. Character set for Changjie IME.

I was studying in Macau so I don't understand simplified characters at all but why those ugly simplified characters appear on the list of candidate keys? I found Microsoft Pingyin only shows Simplified Chinese characters so Changjie IME can eliminates simplified
    Chinese characters. Pleased don't include all characters in Unicode Set of Changjie input but try to eliminate simplified characters in the database or make option to remove simplified characters which are useless for me.

한곤김, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Tiero Chi Win User
    Problems using a Japanese or Traditional Chinese IME on a non-Japanese or non-Traditional Chinese version of Windows 10 immediately after installing the April 2018 Update.

If you are running a non-Japanese or non-Traditional Chinese version of Windows 10 and are experiencing any of these problems, try these steps to resolve them:

Symptom 1:
    You may not able to type Japanese or Traditional Chinese characters when first signing into your account.

If you are connected to the Internet, you can wait for the IME dictionaries to download.
    If you’d prefer not to wait, or if are not connected to the Internet,
    when selecting your operating system language, please choose a Japanese or Traditional Chinese operating system.
    These languages include pre-loaded IME dictionaries.
    In some cases, your PC manufacturer or enterprise may offer a customized Windows 10 you may choose that already includes an IME dictionary to avoid this problem.

Symptom 2:
    You may not be able to type Japanese or Traditional Chinese characters if your do not have an Internet connection or before the dictionary is downloaded.

If you think you might have problems downloading the IME dictionary, first check if the download was successful.
    To do this, open Settings, and select Apps.
    Then select Manage Optional Features. If your Japanese or Traditional Chinese IME dictionaries have been successfully installed, you should see “Japanese typing” or “Chinese (Taiwan) typing
    within the list of Optional Features.

If you don’t see a successful download, try resolving this issue by manually downloading the IME dictionary.
    (These steps require an Internet connection.)

1. At the Start menu, click Cortana’s search box and type “Command Prompt”.
    2. Right-click Command Prompt in the search results and select
      Run as Administrator.
    3. In the Command Prompt window, type one of the following command and press Enter to install the basic typing Features on Demand package:
    • For Japanese basic typing:
    DISM.exe /Online /Add-Capability /CapabilityName:Language.Basic~~~ja-JP~0.0.1.0

• For Traditional Chinese basic typing:
    DISM.exe /Online /Add-Capability /CapabilityName:Language.Basic~~~zh-TW~0.0.1.0

Symptom 3:
    Windows server update services (WSUS) may not detect your Japanese or Traditional Chinese IME in some corporate environments.

If you’re using Windows 10 Enterprise in a corporate environment and can't type Japanese or Traditional Chinese characters, please ask your local IT administrator for help.

You can find detailed information about Features on Demand and Language Packs in Windows 10 at these English-language sites:

Language packages

Features on demand

Language features on demand

Tiero Chi, Nov 6, 2019
  4. ironsand Win User

Cannot create local users if you are using Chinese, Japanese, or Korean IME on Windows 10

How to change default input language for Korean IME

Hello,

I'm using WIndows 10 Japanese edition, and I also use Korean IME.

When I change IME Japanese to Korean, Korean IME is in English input mode.

I have to change Korean IME state English to Korean(Hangul).

How can I make Korean input mode(Hangul) is default in Korean IME?

Thanks.

ironsand, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot create local users if you are using Chinese, Japanese, or Korean IME on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot create local

2. Asian Japanese, Korean, Chinese metadata with CDs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asian Japanese, Korean, Chinese metadata with CDs: I sometimes get CDs that have metadata in Asian Japanese, Korean, Chinese characters. How can I correct this without keying in every sone title? And even if I do enter the song titles manually, they will get replaced if I rip the CD. I am using Windows Media Player Version...
  3. Asian Japanese, Korean, Chinese metadata with CDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asian Japanese, Korean, Chinese metadata with CDs: I sometimes get CDs that have metadata in Asian Japanese, Korean, Chinese characters. How can I correct this without keying in every sone title? And even if I do enter the song titles manually, they will get replaced if I rip the CD. I am using Windows Media Player Version...
  4. korean IME documentation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    korean IME documentation: i have noticed that recent updates to the korean IME input have had some issues for recent updates of windows 11. for a few updates, the extended hanja didnt display definitions and the full-width option was nonfunctional, along with other problems. they have since patched...
  5. Cant type Korean, Japanese or Chinese on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant type Korean, Japanese or Chinese on windows 10: i could download Vietnamese, English, French keyboard and they appeared symbol like i put red color but with Korean, Japanese, Chinese they couldnt appear symbol like VIE, EN, FRA? cuz of that, i coundnt type those languages which have no symbol...
  6. Korean & Japanese IME

Korean & Japanese IME: why do i need Korean & Japanese IME ? I dont speak either one.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/korean-japanese-ime/127122fd-5d4f-4661-bf79-509407fdbd0b
  7. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: Ever since the windows 10 2004 update and with the changes of the IME; the usual toggle keys that I used to use to change between hiragana and katakana and romaji have stopped working, have the toggle keys changed? or do toggles don't work anymore?...
  8. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: In the language bar, I cannot select 'Hiragana' or 'Katakana' in "Input Mode". Only 'Half-width alphanumeric' is available. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/d654e92e-7b1b-404b-83b9-77d9e6124c06
  9. Problems using a Japanese or Traditional Chinese IME on a non-Japanese or non-Traditional...

Problems using a Japanese or Traditional Chinese IME on a non-Japanese or non-Traditional...: How to solve this problem? * Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-using-a-japanese-or-traditional-chinese/b51350c9-b847-4ee8-8109-9ce0fbf02a37
  10. Cannot use Japanese IME in Windows 10 Version 1803

Cannot use Japanese IME in Windows 10 Version 1803: Dear Team, We are unable to use Japanese IME kanji in Windows 10 Version 1803 even after upgrade Version 1809.Kindly help to resolve asap....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Cannot use traditional chinese IME after upgrading Windows 10 Version