Windows 10: cannot create new folders, after right clicking on the desktop, click on "New" and nothing happens

Discus and support cannot create new folders, after right clicking on the desktop, click on "New" and nothing happens in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; cannot create new folders, after right clicking on the desktop, click on "New" and nothing happens.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kristovani, Sep 25, 2019.

1. cannot create new folders, after right clicking on the desktop, click on "New" and nothing happens

cannot create new folders, after right clicking on the desktop, click on "New" and nothing happens.

:)

Kristovani, Sep 25, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 27, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

cannot create new folders, after right clicking on the desktop, click on "New" and nothing happens

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

cannot create new folders, after right clicking on the desktop, click on "New" and nothing happens

1. cannot create new folders, after right clicking on the desktop, click on "New" and nothing happens - Similar Threads - cannot create folders

2. Can't create new folder by right click

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't create new folder by right click: Hi Team,whenever I try to create a new folder on left click, I am not getting the option to create a new folder, instead the option there is to create compressed folder. I applied the steps mentioned in...
  3. Can't create new folder by right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't create new folder by right click: Hi Team,whenever I try to create a new folder on left click, I am not getting the option to create a new folder, instead the option there is to create compressed folder. I applied the steps mentioned in...
  4. Can't create new folder by right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Add an option to create "new folder" when I right click on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add an option to create "new folder" when I right click on desktop: Hi,I want to add an option in right click on desktop options where-in I can create a new folder with an option to enter the required name.Please help!!Thanks in advance...
  6. On the desktop the right click new folder option is missing

On the desktop the right click new folder option is missing: I can no longer create a new folder on widows 10. I right click and other options are available but not new folder. Also, i noticed that when I right click the desktop the menu that pops up is titled AMG Radeon Settings!.......When I look up various solutions on line.....that...
  7. Unable to create New Folder upon right click

Unable to create New Folder upon right click: I cant open new folder with a right click of the mouse ***Original Title: Right click on mouse not working after update*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-create-new-folder-upon-right-click/3d177862-5bc1-4160-bfd0-d8d13fd7d2de
  8. A right click on the desktop to select NEW freezes, unable to create a new folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A right click on the desktop to select NEW freezes, unable to create a new folder: A right click on the desktop to select NEW freezes, unable to create a new folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-right-click-on-the-desktop-to-select-new-freezes/9af3b440-95ce-46c9-8ec2-d6cf1625a3c4
  9. Right click desktop > New > Folder...... new folder does not appear.

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click desktop > New > Folder...... new folder does not appear.: I am using a Beelink BT3-Pro, 4GB Ram, 64GB Rom. Win 10 Home ver 1809 build 17763.195 As the title says, I am unable to get a new folder on my desktop. Nothing happens. Suggestions ? Thank you. 124712
  10. Create new folder on desktop when right click new does not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Create new folder on desktop when right click new does not work: Desktop computer with Windows10 Pro. I already have one post going, but I need to create new folders on the desktop. When I right click on the desktop and click on new, it basically freezes up and eventually refreshes the desktop. I googled the problem and tried a couple...