Windows 10: Cannot Create New HomeGroup on Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot Create New HomeGroup on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a desktop with Windows 10 and a laptop with Windows 7 Ultimate. I am able to log onto the laptop by going to file explorer and clicking on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimc52, Nov 7, 2015.

1. jimc52 Win User

Cannot Create New HomeGroup on Windows 10

I have a desktop with Windows 10 and a laptop with Windows 7 Ultimate. I am able to log onto the laptop by going to file explorer and clicking on the Network Icon and then clicking on my laptop and entering the account name and password for the laptop. I am not able or do not remember, my account name or password for my Windows 10 computer. Therefore, I cannot log onto my Windows 10 machine from my laptop. Since Microsoft saw FIT to remove the Change Password (see the password) in HomeGroup, I am unable to change my password to a new one.

I want to create a NEW HomeGroup from my Windows 10 machine and start over again, with both new user names and new passwords on both machines. I want to be able to be on either one of my computers and be able to see the other computer. HOW do I do this?

Thank you.

:)

jimc52, Nov 7, 2015
  2. MTVNJ Win User

delete the Homegroup so I can create a new HomeGroup

On Windows 10 - It tells me that my PC has created a homegroup on the network.

I cannot view the password? When I try it is not an active option.

How do I start delete the Homegroup so I can create a new HomeGroup?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

MTVNJ, Nov 7, 2015
  3. HRD2 Win User
    After KB3103688, Homegroup is Disabled

After applying KB3103688 to both the Windows 10 PCs on my home LAN, the Homegroup was disabled on both PCs. I have tried to create a new Homegroup. I did so on one PC, but the other cannot join due to incorrect password. I am using the new password generated
    by Windows when I created the new Homegroup, but it is rejected.

HRD2, Nov 7, 2015
Thema:

Cannot Create New HomeGroup on Windows 10

1. Cannot Create New HomeGroup on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot Create HomeGroup

2. Cannot create a homegroup in Windows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot create a homegroup in Windows 10 Enterprise: Why cant I create a homegroup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-create-a-homegroup-in-windows-10-enterprise/c11f1cfb-41d2-4b52-9409-11eabf098fad
  3. Cannot create a homegroup in Windows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot create a homegroup in Windows 10 Enterprise: Why cant I create a homegroup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-create-a-homegroup-in-windows-10-enterprise/c11f1cfb-41d2-4b52-9409-11eabf098fad
  4. Cannot create a homegroup in Windows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cannot create new folder on Windows 10

Cannot create new folder on Windows 10: Just like the title, I cannot create new folder on windows 10. I have tried these so far: 1. Open windows 10 in safe mode 2. Create new key in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers 3. This Cannot Create/rename folders - Microsoft Community 4....
  6. Cannot join homegroup on Windows 10

Cannot join homegroup on Windows 10: I have a new Windows 10 computer, and I'm trying to join the existing homegroup in my home (which currently includes Windows 8 laptop and Windows 7 desktop), but to no avail. I tried to follow the instructions written by Shawn Brink in this forum: Open File Explorer,...
  7. Cannot leave or create homegroup

Cannot leave or create homegroup: I've tried every "fix" I've come across and I cannot get my homegroup back up. Is there a way to use the command line to leave the homegroup? This has been a huge pain since I upgraded my PCs to Win10. Using flash drives to share files is getting old. 27295
  8. Cannot Join, Remove, or Create Another Homegroup.

Cannot Join, Remove, or Create Another Homegroup.: [img] I have 3 computers running Windows 10. Two were upgraded from Windows 7, and one from Windows 8. May not have had the Homegroup working properly before, and I think I had created one some time ago. I don't know what the password was. But, now that all of the machines...
  9. Cannot create a new homegroup due to a no longer existing homegroup

Cannot create a new homegroup due to a no longer existing homegroup: Hi there! I've just upgraded my husband PC from Windows 7 to 10. Everything went well except that I can no longer connect to the network. After some attempt, I chose to delete all homegroup to create a new one. All right on my husband's computer (leave the homegroup),...
  10. Create Homegroup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Homegroup in Windows 10: How to: Create Homegroup in Windows 10 [img] Information A Homegroup makes it easy to share pictures, music, documents, videos, and printers with other Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computers on your local home network. You can also stream media to...