Windows 10: Cannot create new Storage Space, Error (0x00000057), The parameter is incorrect

Discus and support Cannot create new Storage Space, Error (0x00000057), The parameter is incorrect in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Windows Storage Space is a feature in Windows 10 which allows you to take a backup of files in case of a drive failure. However, […] This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 17, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Cannot create new Storage Space, Error (0x00000057), The parameter is incorrect

WinClub, Jun 17, 2020

2. Unable to use new Storage Space made from existing Storage Pool

I posted about this originally at
    TenForums
    , where I also posted screen captures of all my error messages. If asked, I could re-post it all here.

I have an existing Storage Pool with 2 Storage Spaces - 1 simple and 1 mirrored - which I created several years ago using Windows 8.1 Storage Spaces feature. It has survived my upgrade to Win 10, and both existing Storage Spaces function fine.

When I create a new Storage Space, I get an error message "Can't Delete the Storage Space", with details "the Parameter is Incorrect 0x00000057"

The new Storage Space appears in the Storage Space UI (reached via Control Panel), but does not appear in File Explorer. It appears to be found by the Disk Management console (Control Panel-->Administrative Tools-->Computer Management-->Disk Management),
    and is listed as 'Online', but clicking through the 'Properties' shows the following events

Device STORAGE\Disk\{41546632-4b54-40e7-9961-15d5ccdb3843} was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: USBSTOR\Disk&Ven_&Prod_&Rev_PMAP\070165E12DFCF469&0

Class Guid: {4d36e967-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Location Path: Migration Rank: 0xF0008000FFFFF120Present: falseStatus: 0xC0000719

Any help as to how to get new Storage Spaces working on my PC?

RonaldHeinscher, Jun 17, 2020
  3. eddyh Win User
    Error using storage spaces/mirror

I upgraded from W8.1 to W10.
    After the upgrade my mirrored volume was 'gone' (created with disk management). Fortunately I was able to restore the data on one of the disks.

I cannot manage to recreate a mirror on Windows 10.
    I tried using disk management as well as Storage Spaces but I get errors when the formatting begins.

Even with new disks, all the same it does not seem to work. I can not figure out why...

I get: Cannot remove Storage Space (huh.. remove?? I am creating one!!).... Parameter is wrong: 0x00000057.

Could there be some history of the previous mirrored drive which is preventing me from creating a new one or should I just do a clean Windows 10 installation?

eddyh, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Jim-L Win User

Unable to format software RAID created using Storage Spaces or Dynamic Disk: The parameter is inccorect

Since upgrading to Windows 10, I'm unable to create software RAID-0 or RAID-1 using either Storage Spaces or Dynamic Disk. I can create the partition just fine, but formatting the partition will fail with an error: "The parameter is incorrect."

Formatting using Storage Manager, diskpart or format doesn't make any difference.

Jim-L, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot create new Storage Space, Error (0x00000057), The parameter is incorrect - Similar Threads - Cannot create Storage

2. Cannot install .NET 4.8 Error: PARAMETER INCORRECT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install .NET 4.8 Error: PARAMETER INCORRECT: I'm attempting to install .NET 4.8, but keep getting an error message:I went through the steps to use the NetFxRepair and it didn't help.Here's what my system says my current .NET is:Can someone help me know how to fix it so I can get this installed?...
  3. Cannot install .NET 4.8 Error: PARAMETER INCORRECT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install .NET 4.8 Error: PARAMETER INCORRECT: I'm attempting to install .NET 4.8, but keep getting an error message:I went through the steps to use the NetFxRepair and it didn't help.Here's what my system says my current .NET is:Can someone help me know how to fix it so I can get this installed?...
  4. Creating New Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating New Storage Spaces: Hi all,So I am trying to create a new storage space, as my internal disk space is low. I was intending on using an external drive but wasn't too sure what was needed. When I looked on the support section for this option, it said even a USB drive should work but, for some...
  5. Creating New Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating New Storage Spaces: Hi all,So I am trying to create a new storage space, as my internal disk space is low. I was intending on using an external drive but wasn't too sure what was needed. When I looked on the support section for this option, it said even a USB drive should work but, for some...
  6. Creating New Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Error 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect: please tell me a solution for this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x80070057-the-parameter-is-incorrect/1ffd8ddb-55c2-4a76-9d34-55d132b7e429
  8. Storage Spaces error 0x00000057 on Windows version 2004...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Spaces error 0x00000057 on Windows version 2004...: Every single time I try creating a Storage Space in Windows, I get error 0x00000057, saying my drives are in use. This is impossible, and I'll tell you why. All three drives are unformatted, they contain no data, and I've used the PowerShell command Reset-PhysicalDisk on all...
  9. The parameter is incorrect error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The parameter is incorrect error: I started receiving the following error yesterday and not sure why or how to fix it. C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_18.1910.1283.0_x64_Bw...\LocalBridge.exe The Parameter is Incorrect....
  10. create a new pool and storage space in the manage storage spaces

in Windows 10 Customization
    create a new pool and storage space in the manage storage spaces: Dear all, I have connected two USB storage drives, each one of them is 16 GB. I tried to create a new virtual pool but it did not work out. I thought the size is not enough and it may need extra storage spaces. I connected 64 GB then opened the storage space but I am still...
Tags: