Windows 10: Cannot create partition nor initalize ssd on Windows 11

Discus and support Cannot create partition nor initalize ssd on Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Mentioned in title can't initialize a new samsung 980 ssd, don't have any options when right click, so don't tell me to right click and initialize look... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Yin0023, Apr 1, 2023.

1. Yin0023 Win User

Cannot create partition nor initalize ssd on Windows 11

Mentioned in title can't initialize a new samsung 980 ssd, don't have any options when right click, so don't tell me to right click and initialize look at the image, any solutions ?

:)

Yin0023, Apr 1, 2023
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Apr 1, 2023
  3. Help, cant create windows image

Hello there, @fullinfusion!

It seems like some sort of an OS confusion has happened with your secondary WD Black and I'm sorry to hear about that. *Frown Cannot create partition nor initalize ssd on Windows 11 :(
    Maybe re-formatting it would help indeed as the community already mentioned. I'd suggest to take a look at this step-by-step how to partition and format an HDD: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=PYCoid
    Keep in mind that this will wipe clean the drive, so you should backup all important data from the drive somewhere else.
    I noticed from the screenshots that your HDD appears as Disk 0, this means that it's plugged in the primary SATA port where the SSD (as an OS drive) should be. Actually it is possible that because of this Windows cannot create the image there. Swap the ports of the SSD and the HDD, this might help as well.

Keep me posted. Hope this helped! *Smile Cannot create partition nor initalize ssd on Windows 11 :)
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Apr 1, 2023
  4. Cannot create partition nor initalize ssd on Windows 11

Windows 11 - Combining Two SSD's into One and Creating Partitions

I have a new Dell laptop that came with one 512GB SSD. I replaced the SSD with two 1TB SSD's and reinstalled Windows 11 using Dell Support Assist. The laptop restarted successfully. Now I am trying to reconfigure the two SSD's. At startup, one SSD (Disk 1) was labelled C and contained Windows 11; C drive occupied the entire SSD. The other SSD (Disk 0) is labelled D; I have downloaded about 350GB of data to this drive from my backup external hard drive. I wanted to reduce the C drive partition containing Windows to 250GB and take the remaining memory on that SSD and combine it with the memory in D drive to create a larger storage area for my data. This morning I used Disk Manager to shrink the C drive to 250GB, leaving approximately 670GB unallocated on that SSD. I thought I could simply expand the D drive to take in the 670GB of unallocated space on C drive but am confused about how to do this. Can it still be done or have I fouled things up by shrinking the C drive? If absolutely necessary, I could delete my data and reload it from my backup. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

RichardFelts, Apr 1, 2023
Thema:

Cannot create partition nor initalize ssd on Windows 11

1. Cannot create partition nor initalize ssd on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Cannot create partition

2. Cannot create partition nor initalize ssd on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot create partition nor initalize ssd on Windows 11: Mentioned in title can't initialize a new samsung 980 ssd, don't have any options when right click, so don't tell me to right click and initialize look at the image, any solutions ?...
  3. Windows 11 - Combining Two SSD's into One and Creating Partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Combining Two SSD's into One and Creating Partitions: I have a new Dell laptop that came with one 512GB SSD. I replaced the SSD with two 1TB SSD's and reinstalled Windows 11 using Dell Support Assist. The laptop restarted successfully. Now I am trying to reconfigure the two SSD's. At startup, one SSD Disk 1 was labelled C and...
  4. Windows 11 - Combining Two SSD's into One and Creating Partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Combining Two SSD's into One and Creating Partitions: I have a new Dell laptop that came with one 512GB SSD. I replaced the SSD with two 1TB SSD's and reinstalled Windows 11 using Dell Support Assist. The laptop restarted successfully. Now I am trying to reconfigure the two SSD's. At startup, one SSD Disk 1 was labelled C and...
  5. create partition SSD on SSHD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    create partition SSD on SSHD: Dearsi had hp laptop contain recovery win 8.1 , i decided to move on win 10 so i delete all partition and create new onei can't create ssd all of them are HDD so the windows is slow , please your supportthanks...
  6. Win 11 SSD Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 SSD Partition: Should I partition a 1 TB M.2 PCle NVMe SSD on a new Win 11 Dell Inspiron laptop?Specs: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-11390H @ 3.40GHz 2.92 GHz, 16gB RAM. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-ssd-partition/8e118dcd-64b0-4915-9146-45a1ac65e52f
  7. Win 11 SSD Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 SSD Partition: Should I partition a 1 TB M.2 PCle NVMe SSD on a new Win 11 Dell Inspiron laptop?Specs: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-11390H @ 3.40GHz 2.92 GHz, 16gB RAM. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-ssd-partition/8e118dcd-64b0-4915-9146-45a1ac65e52f
  8. Cannot create partition/install windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot create partition/install windows: Hi, guys, So i have the following problem: I wanted to install windows 10, proceeded with the instalation and cleared all partitions. Then an error happened whenvi tried to create a partition from the unallocated space: 0xac2a7c90 Tried to install windows on the...
  9. Cannot configure system protection nor create restore point

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cannot configure system protection nor create restore point: I have Windows 10 Home (10.0.11734) on my PC, having upgraded from Windows 7. Everything is working o.k. except that I cannot create restore points, cannot configure system protection and have been unable to make an image backup. When I try to access the System Protection tab...
  10. SSD Partition is gone and cannot be found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD Partition is gone and cannot be found: Hello, I have a problem with my SSD drive. My SSD drive is a 240GB drive from Intel. Usually I have 2 partitions on this drive: Partition C (with all my programs) and Partition E (with all my data). I use this disk in my laptop and as of today I cannot boot that disk. The...