Windows 10: Cannot create remote connection to PC

Discus and support Cannot create remote connection to PC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a server for a local network, and I would like to be able to access it remotely using built-in Windows features if possible. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gjonesquickloadz, May 27, 2022.

1. Cannot create remote connection to PC

I have a server for a local network, and I would like to be able to access it remotely using built-in Windows features if possible. I have tried setting up a VPN on the server using these instructions, while setting up the port forwarding on our router. When trying to create a VPN connection to the server, I get the message, “the attempted VPN tunnels failed. The VPN server might be unreachable,” and when I try to map it as a network drive using the public IP address, I get the message, "Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network." When connecting f

:)

gjonesquickloadz, May 27, 2022
  2. mlee49 Win User

help to remote connect

No need to setup a permanent remote connection for FB add-on's. I'd suggest Team Viewer. It's free and will allow you to access his pc safely and take control.

mlee49, May 27, 2022
  3. Kari Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

4. Arul_D Win User

Cannot create remote connection to PC

How to remove "HP Connected Remote" as a sign in account ?

Hi Dave,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is your computer connected to a domain network?
    HP Connected Remote is an app that comes preinstalled on select Windows HP computers. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves this issue.

• On the Windows 10 Start screen, type hp connected remote.
    • Click HP Connected Remote from the Apps search results.
    • Click Settings, and make sure Enable HP Connected Remote is turned On.

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, May 27, 2022
Thema:

Cannot create remote connection to PC

1. Cannot create remote connection to PC - Similar Threads - Cannot create remote

2. Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.: Greetings to the well of knowledge.We have a remote desktop farm consisting of one broker Server 2016 and four RD servers Server 2012R2, all of which are running in Azure. They were moved to Azure in a lift-and-shift operation from our physical servers.Over the past month or...
  3. Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.: Greetings to the well of knowledge.We have a remote desktop farm consisting of one broker Server 2016 and four RD servers Server 2012R2, all of which are running in Azure. They were moved to Azure in a lift-and-shift operation from our physical servers.Over the past month or...
  4. Cannot create remote connection to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot create remote connection to PC: I have a server for a local network, and I would like to be able to access it remotely using built-in Windows features if possible. I have tried setting up a VPN on the server using these instructions, while setting up the port forwarding on our router. When trying to create...
  5. Cannot create remote connection to PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot create remote connection to PC: I have a server for a local network, and I would like to be able to access it remotely using built-in Windows features if possible. I have tried setting up a VPN on the server using these instructions, while setting up the port forwarding on our router. When trying to create...
  6. I cannot connect to Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot connect to Remote Desktop: Hi,I have enabled the remote desktop in other system to connect and till 2 days back its accessible to me without any issue.But, recently I have an issue which connecting to that machine, when I am trying to provide the credentials it is showing error.With Old Password:So, I...
  7. cannot connect to remote desktop ,

cannot connect to remote desktop ,: I always use remote desktop, today will not work , says my windows 10 needs an upgrade to windows 10 pro ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-to-remote-desktop/6fd2c790-c0c6-4e88-bd87-bc1046958b07
  8. Cannot connect with Remote Desktop

Cannot connect with Remote Desktop: After the recent update on Windows 10 pro. I am unable to connect via remote desktop. I have tried both from a PC using the internet external to my router and to the LAN side using my phone app and from another PC on the same LAN. I get the same message: Remote Desktop can't...
  9. Remote Desktop Connection Unmutes Remote PC

Remote Desktop Connection Unmutes Remote PC: I use Remote Desktop Connection via a VPN from my home laptop to my work desktop, both of which are using WIN10. Whatever the sound settings are on my desktop doesn't affect my remote session. My remote session is always unmuted and always at 100% when I start it. I can mute...
  10. Create Remote Desktop Connection Shortcut for Specific PC in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Remote Desktop Connection Shortcut for Specific PC in Windows: How to: Create Remote Desktop Connection Shortcut for Specific PC in Windows How to Create Remote Desktop Connection Shortcut for Specific PC in Windows [img] Information You can use the Remote Desktop Connection (mstsc.exe) or connect to and control your Windows PC...