Windows 10: Cannot create short cuts or pin to task bar since Novemebr 2018 Windows 10 update

Discus and support Cannot create short cuts or pin to task bar since Novemebr 2018 Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good morning, My computer has updated November 2018, Windows 10. Since that time, I have been unable to pin apps to my task bar make any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rubyasksaquestion, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Cannot create short cuts or pin to task bar since Novemebr 2018 Windows 10 update

Good morning,

My computer has updated November 2018, Windows 10.

Since that time, I have been unable to

• pin apps to my task bar
    • make any shortcuts on the desktop

And,

"My Computer" is now in "Desktop" in File Explorer

And,

When I do some actions, the D drive, DVD asks for a disc.

And,

Data D drive has changed to Data E drive.

This is my system:

Cannot create short cuts or pin to task bar since Novemebr 2018 Windows 10 update 79f36f68-952b-40c9-9a85-d82d3f380474?upload=true.jpg

When I try to pin to the task bar or make a shortcut, from an app or a file, I can Right click, I can see the drop down menu, I can select pin to taskbar or create shortcut, but when I click on either of these menu options, nothing happens.

So far, I have,

• Scanned my computer system for errors - none
    • Looked for further Windows 10 updates - I am up to date
    • Checked that I am using desktop mode and not tablet mode
    • Made sure tablet mode is off
    • Checked through all the taskbar settings
    • Tried with taskbar locked and also with taskbar unlocked

I have backed up my files to an external hard drive (WD)

I am asking,

• Is there an easy way to fix to my problems?
    • Can I expect any further Windows downloads to help fix my problems?
    • Why has Data D changed to Data E?

I am very grateful for any help that might be available.

I also hope that my question might provide help to anyone else in the same position.

Kind regards,

Ruby.

:)

Rubyasksaquestion, Nov 16, 2018

2. Can I pin a Power short cut to my task bar?

Is it possible to pin a Power short cut to my task bar so I can perform this function in just two steps?

Did you really want to know if it is possible to do this?

Or did you want to ask HOW to do it? . . .

Create a shortcut for this command line, then drag it onto the Task Bar.

shutdown /s /t 2

Frederik Long, Nov 16, 2018
  3. creating a short cut

how do i create a short cut icon for switching to the desktop on my task bar? all i can find is pinning an app to the task bar.

sassykittn, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Cannot create short cuts or pin to task bar since Novemebr 2018 Windows 10 update

Can I pin a Power short cut to my task bar?

Hi,

I'm using 64 bit Windows 10 and at present I have to open a new window to switch off my machine. Is it possible to pin a Power short cut to my task bar so I can perform this function in just two steps? Thanks.

Promenaden17, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

Cannot create short cuts or pin to task bar since Novemebr 2018 Windows 10 update

1. Cannot create short cuts or pin to task bar since Novemebr 2018 Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Cannot create short

2. Start/Task Bar Issues with Shutdown/Restart, Restart, Task Bar and Short Cut Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start/Task Bar Issues with Shutdown/Restart, Restart, Task Bar and Short Cut Icons: I'll try to make this as short as possible and properly describe my issue. 1. When I shut down my HP desktop and restart, all shortcut icons and task bar icons show up and everything works EXCEPT Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. If I open either of them from that task...
  3. create a web site short cut in windows 10

create a web site short cut in windows 10: create a web site short cut in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-web-site-short-cut-in-windows-10/3634e2ea-424c-40d7-8f8f-1db6b95f2fc0
  4. Creating short-cuts in Windows 10

Creating short-cuts in Windows 10: In Windows 10 is there a way to enable a personalised short cut auto-correction? For instance so that when I type 'm@' it auto-fills to a full email address *** Email address is removed for privacy ***'. I know you can do this within Microsoft Word, But can you do it within...
  5. short cuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    short cuts: how do I pin my Microsoft solitaire collection to the desk top? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/short-cuts/bb40b136-3492-4d47-bb30-8431e5f9e4fa
  6. Short Cuts in W 10

Short Cuts in W 10: How do I create a shortcut to Control Panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/short-cuts-in-w-10/e1b06c67-3ccf-4397-82de-576d5af26629
  7. Task bar, some windows apps, windows key and short cuts, usb's, and WiFi and ethernet are...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task bar, some windows apps, windows key and short cuts, usb's, and WiFi and ethernet are...: I have tried almost everything even factory resetting it without saving files, but nothing works. When I go to the place to factory reset (which I have to get to through power shell since my windows settings doesn't work) and click on the reset without saving files and the...
  8. how do i create short cuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i create short cuts: how do I create short cuts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-create-short-cuts/78a1c33f-1fc0-44b6-9b7a-1ede33932aa4
  9. short cuts

short cuts: how to I create a shortcut to a website to be on my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/short-cuts/a39d462f-e37b-444b-b076-70b9ed8ea327
  10. short cut

short cut: How do I send a www. page to my desk top as a short cut? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/short-cut/05c0d458-2e3e-4e26-b63a-755442b5dd34

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot open mail since windows 10 update 2018