Windows 10: Cannot create striped volume

Discus and support Cannot create striped volume in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1809. I have to 2TB hard drives that I want to set up as a striped volume(4TB total) so I can use it as a file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jay Cisneros, May 1, 2019.

1. Cannot create striped volume

Hello all,

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1809. I have to 2TB hard drives that I want to set up as a striped volume(4TB total) so I can use it as a file history backup drive. The problem is that once I convert them to dynamic disks and set them as a single striped volume I get an error that says that the format failed. I tried to use the command line tool to format them as I've seen in different support sites but none of them work. anyone have a clue as to what I'm missing??? if you need more info on this please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks in advance,

Jay

:)

Jay Cisneros, May 1, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Failed to Create Volume Snapshot Macrium Error 0x8004230f VSS Error

Hi, you might try this:
    Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) Troubleshooting - Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) Troubleshooting

or the free cautious repair tool
    Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Free/Pro
    - observing the steps and using only the relevant repairs

More:
    How to Fix VSS Errors Step-by-Step

Otherwise I suggest- assuming your disk and file system are sound-
    an in-place upgrade repair install which keeps all progs, data and most settings

You need an iso of the same base language and build- freely downloadable.

dalchina, May 1, 2019
  3. Unable to create simple volume on new 1TB hard drive

Just got a brand new HP computer with windows 10 Pro (64bit) preinstalled on an SSD. I am now adding a 1TB sata hard drive for storing data files. New HDD is installed as Disk 1 and is seen by Windows 10. I initialized it as an MBR basic disc. When I try to go to the next step of creating a volume, I right click on disk 1 and there is no option available to create a new simple volume. There are other volume options (mirror, raid, etc) but they are all greyed out. Simple is not even listed as an option. I went to DISKPART and using clean command, took it back to the start, then initialized it as a GBT. That didn't make a difference. Now I'm back to MBR again. I also did a List Volume command under DISKPART and confirmed there is no volume on this drive. I'm stuck. How can I get this drive to the point where I can format it and use it?
    Thanks!

Witch Hazel, May 1, 2019
  4. Cannot create striped volume

Disk management console view is not up-to-date

whoops i missed a step lol.

type in list volume..... your array volume should come up.... if so

type in Select volume 7
    assign

let me know if your volume is not there.

slyfox2151, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Cannot create striped volume

1. Cannot create striped volume - Similar Threads - Cannot create striped

2. I cannot create a striped volume on my Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot create a striped volume on my Windows 10 PC: Hello, I have two online dynamic disks, 1 and 0, and disk 1 has 931 unallocated gigabytes. Disk 0 is my C: drive. I am trying to create a striped volume and merge disk 1 and 0, however the option to create a striped volume is greyed out. All the articles on this are referring...
  3. I cannot create a striped volume on my Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot create a striped volume on my Windows 10 PC: Hello, I have two online dynamic disks, 1 and 0, and disk 1 has 931 unallocated gigabytes. Disk 0 is my C: drive. I am trying to create a striped volume and merge disk 1 and 0, however the option to create a striped volume is greyed out. All the articles on this are referring...
  4. I cannot create a striped volume on my Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Striped volume bottleneck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Striped volume bottleneck: I have a system with 4 non OS additional 1TB NVMe's PCIe 4*4gen. When I measure sequential read and write I get:IndividualPerformance 6700 GB/s read and 5000 GB/s write.2 drives MS Windows 10 striped volumeApprox. 12 GB/s read and 10GB/s write.So far so good.4 drives MS...
  6. Mirroring a striped volume with another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mirroring a striped volume with another drive: Hello everyone. I have 3 drives: two 1TB drives and one 2TB drive. I currently have a striped volume setup for the two 1TB drives. I am wondering: is there a way to mirror the striped volume with my 2TB drive? I am realizing that this is likely not possible with Windows Disk...
  7. Will reinstalling windows delete my Dynamic Striped Volume?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will reinstalling windows delete my Dynamic Striped Volume?: Hey friends, I'm new to the windows world and loving it. With mac, i was able to create software raid-0 sets that one could move from computer to computer. Is this case with the dynamic striped volume? Meaning, If I reinstall windows on my boot drive, is my raid still...
  8. Striped volume prevents boot after updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Striped volume prevents boot after updates: I have a software striped volume in my PC made up of 4 drives for extra storage not as a boot drive. Anytime I install Windows updates, Windows doesn't boot after restart and Automatic Repair runs chkdisk to fix errors on the striped volume before it can boot again. This also...
  9. Mobo dead, how to access striped volume externally from laptop?

Mobo dead, how to access striped volume externally from laptop?: I have a dead PC with 2 data drives that are windows striped not hardware raid-0. If I buy a usb raid enclosure, do you think windows will recognize them as a dynamic disc? If not, is there a way to access it externally without a desktop? Thanks....
  10. Cannot create a new simple volume from unallocated space

Cannot create a new simple volume from unallocated space: I want to create a new volume. So I've shrink a volume. Then I got unallocated space. When I try to create a new simple volume I'm getting this type of error. [ATTACH] What should I do? Please suggest me a solution....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant make striped volume windows 10

2. cannot create new striped volume

3. not able to create stripped volume

4. cannot create striped volume windows 10,
  5. new striped volume windows 10