Windows 10: Cannot create system image "Backed up data cannot be securely protected for a network target"

Discus and support Cannot create system image "Backed up data cannot be securely protected for a network target" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All, For some reason i cannot create a system restore image. I have done so in the past, the only difference is a few new programs i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by alex_o0, Apr 21, 2019.

1. alex_o0 Win User

Cannot create system image "Backed up data cannot be securely protected for a network target"

Hi All,

For some reason i cannot create a system restore image.

I have done so in the past, the only difference is a few new programs i have installed on my D drive. (like EA's Origin)

Steps are as follows

1 - I enter the "create a system image" screen

2- select the radio button "On a hard disk"

3- it auto selects "On a network drive " with the message "Backed up data cannot be securely protected for a network target".

I have also the option "Set up a backup" but I get "A system image cannot be saved on this location".

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

alex_o0, Apr 21, 2019
  2. Vornoxem Win User

Backup "Create a system image" dialog does not list second hard drive as a target location

The dialog to create a system image in Windows 10 does not list my second hard drive (D: drive, formatted NTFS, not configured as removable storage, does not contain my windows installation) as a target location.

On the Disk management screen, the C: drive I want to back up is listed as a system & boot drive, the D: drive is listed as a plain NTFS drive (no 'page file', 'system' or anything but 'Primary partition' in the brackets).

Because of this, I can not back up my Windows installation as a system image. I noticed the system image dialog does list a USB stick when I insert it. Is the solution to somehow mark my D: drive as 'removable storage' somehow, or is there another reason
    it does not list my D: drive?

Vornoxem, Apr 21, 2019
  3. JMac6CT Win User
    Create a system image fails

I have Windows 10 Home 64-bit - running on an ASUS machine with 16 GB of RAM.

I can successfully create a "restore point" (System - System Protection - Create)

When I attempt to create a system image (Backup and Restore - Create a System Image) on an external USB drive, it fails. I get the following message:

"Create a system image

The backup failed.

Windows Backup encountered an error when writing data to the backup target. (0x80780166)

Additional Information:

Incorrect function (0x80070001)"

I have successfully done this in the past with no problems.

How do I fix this?

JMac6CT, Apr 21, 2019
  4. Cannot create system image "Backed up data cannot be securely protected for a network target"

System Image Problem

[table][tr][td]Version[/td] [td]Date[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5.05[/td] [td]8/03/2009[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5.08[/td] [td]7/21/2009[/td] [/tr] [/table]
    Which one is newer?
    Only 5.05 was offered on HP for the machine I linked.
    The description danced around some of the anomalies we're seen with drives.

Since only 5.05 was offered, I questioned 5.08
    Guess we know the answer now - 5.05 failed to flash.
    We could spend time trying to figure that out, but IMO it's better on the back burner for now

I think the next step is to try the Macrium sleight of hand to get the System Image restored.
    I'd like to get the System Image up and running to do the follwoing

• Copy Nick's data to a folder off of the restored System Image C: drive

• run a Belarc Advisor audit to collect license keys for Nick's software

• there might be other data collection that Nick can do in preparation for the final step

The final step is a clean install, install up-to-date MS and 3rd party software, and restore the copied personal data.

Nick was having difficulty locating the outlook files in the System Image - so getting it back running live is the best I can think of.

Thoughts, suggestions, and objections are always welcome and considered

Slartybart, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

Cannot create system image "Backed up data cannot be securely protected for a network target"

1. Cannot create system image "Backed up data cannot be securely protected for a network target" - Similar Threads - Cannot create system

2. cannot back up data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot back up data: Hello!... I have not been able to back up my computer data to an external hard drive or any other form of data storage device... Can someone help me with this issue?... Thanks in advance!... Oz...
  3. cannot back up data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot back up data: Hello!... I have not been able to back up my computer data to an external hard drive or any other form of data storage device... Can someone help me with this issue?... Thanks in advance!... Oz...
  4. Cannot create system image backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot create system image backup: I want to create a system image backup but I can't because I don't have enough space to store it. I checked and noticed when I backed up it included drive E even though I didn't install any operating system on this drive....
  5. I cannot enable system Protection to create a restore point

I cannot enable system Protection to create a restore point: Hi, I cannot enable system Protection to create a restore point. I have searched around for solutions, but cannot find any newer solutions due to the fact windows has changed since these solutions were posted. so how do I fix this challenge? [ATTACH]...
  6. Cannot create system image on latest Windows 10

Cannot create system image on latest Windows 10: Hello, Since updating Windows 10 to version 2004 build OS 19041.388 I cannot create a system image on my external drive. After commencing create a system image I receive the message "not enough disc space to create the volume shadow etc, etc" and talks about space...
  7. Cannot create a system image - Keep getting the message "A system image backup is in...

Cannot create a system image - Keep getting the message "A system image backup is in...: I tried to Create a system image by [clicking "Create a system image" on the left on Backup and Restore (Window 7), the PC is Window 10], but I always getting the message "A system image backup is in progress. Please wait while it completes." every time....
  8. Creating a system back up ISO image to USB

Creating a system back up ISO image to USB: I've just done a fresh W10 install. I'd like to create an ISO that I can use rufus (or similar/better?) to create a bootable image from USB that I can install Windows that includes all of my essential drivers and programs already installed. Is this possible? What's the best...
  9. Windows System Image Cannot, and Will Not Back-up To External Hard Disk!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows System Image Cannot, and Will Not Back-up To External Hard Disk!: Why is the Windows 10 operating system not capable of creating a necessary, important back-up of a System Image? What the hell is wrong with you people? Get this necessary command correct! I have a back-up program from my laptop computer's manufacturer that is 5 years old,...
  10. Cannot configure system protection nor create restore point

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cannot configure system protection nor create restore point: I have Windows 10 Home (10.0.11734) on my PC, having upgraded from Windows 7. Everything is working o.k. except that I cannot create restore points, cannot configure system protection and have been unable to make an image backup. When I try to access the System Protection tab...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. backed up data cannot be securely protected

2. note: the backed up data cannot be securely protected at this destination