Windows 10: Cannot create system image backup

Discus and support Cannot create system image backup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to create a system image backup but I can't because I don't have enough space to store it. I checked and noticed when I backed up it included... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hoài Sơn Nguyễn, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Cannot create system image backup

I want to create a system image backup but I can't because I don't have enough space to store it. I checked and noticed when I backed up it included drive E even though I didn't install any operating system on this drive.

:)

Hoài Sơn Nguyễn, Jun 16, 2021

2. Creating a System Image backup - keeps looping

Hi,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

I understand the inconvenience caused, now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

The system image is exactly like the mirrored copy of the Operating System which contains the configuration of the Operating System. When you create backup system image your windows 10 comes back to the same position at when the image was created earlier.

As an initial step, I suggest you to make sure that the services required for backup to run successfully is enabled. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows + R
      keys, type services.msc and press Enter.

• In the services window, locate the services
      File history service
      and the Volume shadow copy service and check if they are running.

• If they are not running, right-click and select
      Start to manually start the service.

• Check if you are able to create a backup now.
    Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article created by

Andre Da Costa
    and check if it helps.

How to: Create a system image in Windows 10

How to: Create a system image in Windows 10

Step 2: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to boot the computer in a clean boot state and then check.

Booting the computer in a clean boot state can reduce software conflicts and help identify the root cause of the issue. You can refer to this article for more information:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, reset the computer to start as usual. Refer to the step
    How to set the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting under more information.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jun 16, 2021
  3. creating system image backup

Hi,

To better assist you with your concern, please provide the information below:

• Are you creating the image backup from your computer and saving it to your external hard drive?
    • Does the same issue persist if you save the backup or recovery image directly to the computer?

Regards.

Loraine Mon, Jun 16, 2021
  4. Cannot create system image backup

Having trouble creating a backup image

Hello Shane,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10 and for being a part of Windows 10 family.

As per the issue description you are unable to create a system image of your computer. I would suggest you to refer the steps provided below and see if it helps you to create a system image.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control panel from the list.
    • Select large icons under view by option.
    • Open File history.
    • Click the System Image Backup link in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
    • Connect an external USB hard drive with enough free space.
    • In the backup wizard, you'll be prompted to choose from one of the three options to save the backup. For this example, we are going select the hard drive you just connected. However, keep in mind that you can backup to DVD blanks and a network share, but
      these options will slow down the backup process.

Cannot create system image backup 022d2731-5ebc-450e-a935-4865fd418c2a.png

• Click Next.
    • Confirm and begin the process by clicking Start backup.

Cannot create system image backup ffeb6690-eebd-4dcd-bcd8-0b7f6a90070f.png

• The backup could take anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours, it all depends on the amount of data to be backed up.
    • And yes, during the backup process, you can use your computer as you would normally do.

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any more concern related to Windows. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

Cannot create system image backup

1. Cannot create system image backup - Similar Threads - Cannot create system

2. Create A System Image Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create A System Image Backup: I'm trying to create a system image backup of my Windows 10 machine in case something goes wrong with one of its components, and unfortunately it says "Backup failed. Not enough disk space.". This is despite the fact that my external hard drive has 2.34 TB of free disk space,...
  3. Create A System Image Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create A System Image Backup: I'm trying to create a system image backup of my Windows 10 machine in case something goes wrong with one of its components, and unfortunately it says "Backup failed. Not enough disk space.". This is despite the fact that my external hard drive has 2.34 TB of free disk space,...
  4. Create A System Image Backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Create a backup system image

Create a backup system image: Having a real issue with creating a backup system image on my wife's laptop.The last one was created January 23, 2022 with no problems but we have tried about five times and it completes to about 97% and then stalls. Looking at it, the backup is shown as still working but we...
  6. Create a backup system image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create a backup system image: Having a real issue with creating a backup system image on my wife's laptop.The last one was created January 23, 2022 with no problems but we have tried about five times and it completes to about 97% and then stalls. Looking at it, the backup is shown as still working but we...
  7. Create a backup system image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Create backup system image

Create backup system image: Trying to back up my hard drive as a "system image". I see the option in the videos, but when I click on Settings, Backup, the "system image" option is not there. It just says "save these files" and lists a bunch of data files. How to create a system image? The Microsoft...
  9. Can I create system image backup on a system image backup?

Can I create system image backup on a system image backup?: When i first installed Windows 10, and had all the drivers running, and minimal apps installed, i created a system image backup at that point, so if one day something goes wrong, and all else fails, i can restore to that point in time. This is backed up on an HDD, and we...
  10. Cannot create a system image - Keep getting the message "A system image backup is in...

Cannot create a system image - Keep getting the message "A system image backup is in...: I tried to Create a system image by [clicking "Create a system image" on the left on Backup and Restore (Window 7), the PC is Window 10], but I always getting the message "A system image backup is in progress. Please wait while it completes." every time....