Windows 10: Cannot CTRL+ALT+DEL to sign in to windows 10

Discus and support Cannot CTRL+ALT+DEL to sign in to windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; This just started happening yesterday on my work machine (A Dell Optiplex). It seems like I have lost keyboard input into Windows (note: the keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by froggystyle_82, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Cannot CTRL+ALT+DEL to sign in to windows 10

This just started happening yesterday on my work machine (A Dell Optiplex).

It seems like I have lost keyboard input into Windows (note: the keyboard works in the BIOS just fine).

I cannot get it to accept the CTRL+ALT+DEL so I can't even get the ease of access or power icon to appear.

I've tried removing all USB devices and then plugging in the keyboard after it gets to the sign in screen.

This failed to produce any results.

Before I re-install windows, are there any other suggestions?

:)

froggystyle_82, Oct 30, 2018
  2. jonmcc33 Win User

Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

On a domain you won't get Task Manager when you hit Ctrl+Alt+Del. You get a crazy screen with a bunch of options.

Ctrl+Shift+Esc has always brought up just the Task Manager, even back to Windows XP days. You just weren't aware of it. *Wink Cannot CTRL+ALT+DEL to sign in to windows 10 ;)

Go ahead, try it in Windows XP too.

jonmcc33, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

The whole Ctrl+Shift+Esc should be used to get that crazy screen with those options and Ctrl+Alt+Del should bring up TM.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Darknova Win User

Cannot CTRL+ALT+DEL to sign in to windows 10

Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

Depends on whether you have the Welcome Screen, or the Domain Logon screen at boot up.

Darknova, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Cannot CTRL+ALT+DEL to sign in to windows 10

1. Cannot CTRL+ALT+DEL to sign in to windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot CTRL+ALT+DEL sign

2. Cannot login with Ctrl alt del because ctrl key is remapped

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot login with Ctrl alt del because ctrl key is remapped: Hi, I have remapped my ctrl key on win 10 because I was testing a program and completely forgot that I will need it to login.I have to press ctrl alt del to unlock my computer and enter my password. It is a work laptop and I have contacted them but they are unable to find a...
  3. Cannot login with Ctrl alt del because ctrl key is remapped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot login with Ctrl alt del because ctrl key is remapped: Hi, I have remapped my ctrl key on win 10 because I was testing a program and completely forgot that I will need it to login.I have to press ctrl alt del to unlock my computer and enter my password. It is a work laptop and I have contacted them but they are unable to find a...
  4. Cannot login with Ctrl alt del because ctrl key is remapped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ctrl-alt-del netplwiz secure sign-in cannot uncheck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ctrl-alt-del netplwiz secure sign-in cannot uncheck: after upgrading windows 10 pro to windows 10 pro ghost specter. netplwiz forces me to use ctrl-alt-del to unlock my lockscreen.after upgrading windows 10 pro to windows 10 pro ghost specter. netplwiz forces me to use ctrl-alt-del to unlock my lockscreen....
  6. ctrl-alt-del netplwiz secure sign-in cannot uncheck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ctrl-alt-del netplwiz secure sign-in cannot uncheck: after upgrading windows 10 pro to windows 10 pro ghost specter. netplwiz forces me to use ctrl-alt-del to unlock my lockscreen.after upgrading windows 10 pro to windows 10 pro ghost specter. netplwiz forces me to use ctrl-alt-del to unlock my lockscreen....
  7. ctrl-alt-del netplwiz secure sign-in cannot uncheck

8. CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed: Hello, Recently I've had a couple of users report a very long delay after hitting CTRL + ALT + DEL One came into the help desk and I can confirm that it can take up to 10 minutes. The users machine was Windows 10 Version 2004. Lenovo Thinkpad T14. I disabled all non...
  9. CTRL+ALT+DEL disappears

CTRL+ALT+DEL disappears: Hello; I have a windows 10 on domain. It shows ALT+CTRL+DEL and then i click ok all i get is a black screen with mouse pointer. I tried to change the projector setting to single display same thing. Any ways to resolve this please....
  10. Ctrl+Alt+Del

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ctrl+Alt+Del: When I start the computer it is locked. It is asking for Ctrl+Alt+Del to be entered. When I do this there is no response. I cannot get to the password entry; the keyboard doesn't respond. How do I fix this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to select crtl alt delete

2. unable to select ctrl alt del

3. unable to login intom laptop CTRL ALT DELETE NOT WORKING

4. sign-in screen Ctrl Alt Del