Windows 10: Cannot customize Windows folders to the desired type

Discus and support Cannot customize Windows folders to the desired type in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On Windows 10, File Explorer includes five different templates to customize the view of folders, including "General items" (default for every new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Patrick_Yeung, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Cannot customize Windows folders to the desired type

On Windows 10, File Explorer includes five different templates to customize the view of folders, including "General items" (default for every new folder), "Documents," "Pictures," "Music," and "Videos." Unfortunately, for some unknown reasons, I cannot customize my folders from the default "General items" to "Documents," "Pictures," "Music," and "Videos." Below are the steps that I used.

1) Start File Explorer and select the target folder for change.

2) Right-click against the folder to select "Properties."

3) Select the Customize tab on the top right.

4) Under the "Optimize this folder for:", select "Pictures."

5) Select yes for "Also apply this template to all subfolders"

6) Click <OK>

Windows accepted the change without giving any error. But when I verify if the target folder get changed, it is no, it is still customized for "General items." (not "Pictures"). The same situation happens when I try to change the target folder to other types (such as "Documents," "Music," and "Videos.").

The above same problem also appears when I try to make a change to all other folders. For step 6), I have also tried to click <Apply>, then <OK>, but the result is the same.

Any idea on how to solve the above issue?

Yours truly,

Patrick

:)

Patrick_Yeung, Oct 9, 2019
  2. mrgeek Win User

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Oct 9, 2019
  3. monim1 Win User
    EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Cannot customize Windows folders to the desired type

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Cannot customize Windows folders to the desired type

1. Cannot customize Windows folders to the desired type - Similar Threads - Cannot customize folders

2. Custom "Folder Types"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Custom "Folder Types": So I don't know if I should put this here, or in another question. I also don't want to be accused of asking the same question that has already been answered and just making trouble. That is not my intent. I already know that there is no ability to add additional "folder...
  3. Custom "Folder Types"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom "Folder Types": So I don't know if I should put this here, or in another question. I also don't want to be accused of asking the same question that has already been answered and just making trouble. That is not my intent. I already know that there is no ability to add additional "folder...
  4. Custom "Folder Types"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Custom "Folder Types"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Custom "Folder Types": In windows 10, there are 5 built-in folder types defined for folder templates. I would like to create additional types of my own, but have run into the frustration that there simply does not seem to be away to do that within windows. The list of available folder types, seems...
  6. Custom "Folder Types"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom "Folder Types": In windows 10, there are 5 built-in folder types defined for folder templates. I would like to create additional types of my own, but have run into the frustration that there simply does not seem to be away to do that within windows. The list of available folder types, seems...
  7. Custom "Folder Types"

8. Cannot customize folder icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot customize folder icons: Firstly, I am sorry if this was posted before, I saw many similar, but I could not find the solution.So, I am downloading icons .ico and I am trying to customize my icons Windows 11, but the same was happening since Windows 10. When I go to the properties of the folter, there...
  9. Cannot customize folder icons

Cannot customize folder icons: Firstly, I am sorry if this was posted before, I saw many similar, but I could not find the solution.So, I am downloading icons .ico and I am trying to customize my icons Windows 11, but the same was happening since Windows 10. When I go to the properties of the folter, there...
  10. Cannot create the desired default view in "save file" folders.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create the desired default view in "save file" folders.: I have corrected Windows Explorer to only show list view of all my folders. However, this does not affect the dialog box that comes up when saving a file to a folder. How can I correct this? Kindly use all layman's language. Thanks! 66747