Windows 10: Cannot decrypt the disk encrypted by BitLocker

Discus and support Cannot decrypt the disk encrypted by BitLocker in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; While I was decrypting my disk that I had encrypted using BitLocker, the laptop suddenly shutdown and then I lost access to the disk. The system isn’t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TomMendez, Jan 8, 2019.

1. TomMendez Win User

Cannot decrypt the disk encrypted by BitLocker

While I was decrypting my disk that I had encrypted using BitLocker, the laptop suddenly shutdown and then I lost access to the disk. The system isn’t accepting my correct password and code. Windows 10 requires for credentials, thinks for a while and then closes without giving the access to my disk.

I use Windows 10 pro. Help me please. I need to regain access to my disk as soon as possible because I have lots of important information there

:)

TomMendez, Jan 8, 2019

2. How to turn bitlocker "again" on a drive which was previously bitlocker decrypted? Please Help!

Hi,

Device encryption helps protect your data by encrypting ("scrambling") it. Only someone with the right encryption key (like a password) can decrypt ("unscramble") it.
    • Sign in to Windows with an administrator account.
    • Go to Start, enter encryption, and select
      Change device encryption settings
      from the list of results.
    • Select Manage BitLocker, select Turn on BitLocker, and then follow the instructions.
    Also, please refer to the below link and check if it helps.

Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide

Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide

Please let us know if the issue is resolved or you need any further assistance,

Thank you.

Have a good day!

Amarjeet_Paul, Jan 8, 2019
  3. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Cannot decrypt the disk encrypted by BitLocker

bitlocker decryption

After the last win10 update OS version : 10.0.15063.414 ,my SD card encrypted by bitlocker without my knowledge.

So, How i can decrypt bitlocker??

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

satya prakash shukla, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Cannot decrypt the disk encrypted by BitLocker

1. Cannot decrypt the disk encrypted by BitLocker - Similar Threads - Cannot decrypt disk

2. Decrypt files encrypted with Bitlocker with key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Decrypt files encrypted with Bitlocker with key: Good afternoon!I have a problem, I have a backup folder in an external disk, from a drive in my computer with Windows 11 and bitlocker are activated, I made a restoration of my computer and now I can´t access to these files, I have the keys of bitlocker, but I don´t know...
  3. Decrypt files encrypted with Bitlocker with key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Decrypt files encrypted with Bitlocker with key: Good afternoon!I have a problem, I have a backup folder in an external disk, from a drive in my computer with Windows 11 and bitlocker are activated, I made a restoration of my computer and now I can´t access to these files, I have the keys of bitlocker, but I don´t know...
  4. how to decrypt the disk encrypted with Bitlocker for good

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to decrypt the disk encrypted with Bitlocker for good: Hi.I have a very important issue. I wanted to use my disk with my friend's professional computer. We couldn't save any files on it without encrypting it with BitLocker. We weren't aware of what this software is so we did it... And now I can't run this disk on my Mac computer....
  5. how to decrypt the disk encrypted with Bitlocker for good

how to decrypt the disk encrypted with Bitlocker for good: Hi.I have a very important issue. I wanted to use my disk with my friend's professional computer. We couldn't save any files on it without encrypting it with BitLocker. We weren't aware of what this software is so we did it... And now I can't run this disk on my Mac computer....
  6. how to decrypt the disk encrypted with Bitlocker for good

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. How to decrypt Bitlocker-encrypted hard disk partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to decrypt Bitlocker-encrypted hard disk partition?: Hi,I have a Dell Vostro 14 3000 laptop with pre-installed Windows 11 Home, with a 1 TB hard disk drive and 8 GB RAM. I created 2 partitions on my hard disk - "C:" for OS and "D:" for files storage.Recently I installed a 256 GB SSD hard disk and installed OS on it, planning to...
  8. How to decrypt Bitlocker-encrypted hard disk partition?

How to decrypt Bitlocker-encrypted hard disk partition?: Hi,I have a Dell Vostro 14 3000 laptop with pre-installed Windows 11 Home, with a 1 TB hard disk drive and 8 GB RAM. I created 2 partitions on my hard disk - "C:" for OS and "D:" for files storage.Recently I installed a 256 GB SSD hard disk and installed OS on it, planning to...
  9. Encryption/Decryption

Encryption/Decryption: I encrypted some files in Windows 7 using EFS. The computer was formatted to install Windows 10 and those files won't open now. I tried to decrypt them by using the PFX file, cipher command, and setting permissions but they couldn't decrypt the files. They were unable to show...
  10. encryption and decryption

encryption and decryption: Hi, I want to encrypt photos for storage. I have many choice of software to do that , but my point or question is: In say 20 years, I will have changed computer , or my computer will be 20 years old, and I may not have updated or upgraded the original software that I...