Windows 10: Cannot delete 2 huge files.

Discus and support Cannot delete 2 huge files. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My storage on SSD had suddenly reduced o I tried disk clean up and checked every option but it did not work. I came across an application named... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Muhammad Luqman Qureshi, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Cannot delete 2 huge files.

My storage on SSD had suddenly reduced o I tried disk clean up and checked every option but it did not work. I came across an application named TreeSize and it shows that 2 files. one is 8gb and the other has 3.2gb. pagefile.sys and hiberfil are the names of the files. plus, I cannot find this even after using the search tab in windows explorer.

:)

Muhammad Luqman Qureshi, Jan 20, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Jan 20, 2020
  4. KaddMan Win User

Cannot delete 2 huge files.

How to Delete huge gamebuild.bin files from windows updates

Hi Nikhar,

Thanks for the reply.

I do not have the app showing in apps and features, I had uninstalled all the games including Royal Revolt when I first got the laptop.When I try to delete these
    huge files, I'm told I do not have permission, even as an administrator.

When trying to change the security settings for windowsapps folder I keep getting the message Error Applying Attributes to the folder access is denied.

Do you know of any way around this, so I can delete the files and stop them from updating? Since October of last year, all five of the gamebuild.bin files are 1.89 GB.

KaddMan, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

Cannot delete 2 huge files.

1. Cannot delete 2 huge files. - Similar Threads - Cannot delete huge

2. Can't delete huge file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete huge file: I have a game file that is 118gb that I need to delete, however when I try to uninstall it the error "Windows cannot find 'filename'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." comes up. I've tried looking in file explorer for the file but it doesnt show up...
  3. Can't delete huge file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete huge file: I have a game file that is 118gb that I need to delete, however when I try to uninstall it the error "Windows cannot find 'filename'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." comes up. I've tried looking in file explorer for the file but it doesnt show up...
  4. Delete WIndowsApps Folder Huge Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete WIndowsApps Folder Huge Files: Hello there I have some old data in other drives of windows where I had installed xbox games and I think that's what has created that folder. Even though the games are no longer there I can't see to detete those files. I have assigned all permissions but some big files are...
  5. Delete WIndowsApps Folder Huge Files

Delete WIndowsApps Folder Huge Files: Hello there I have some old data in other drives of windows where I had installed xbox games and I think that's what has created that folder. Even though the games are no longer there I can't see to detete those files. I have assigned all permissions but some big files are...
  6. Cannot delete files

Cannot delete files: I have a backup on my portable drive, where some files cannot be deleted, not with WinRar nor renaming at the Command Prompt either, they cannot be renamed in any method. These are system files for F.Fox. In this folder I have had several files that belongs to the long file...
  7. Cannot delete files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete files: I have a backup on my portable drive, where some files cannot be deleted, not with WinRar nor renaming at the Command Prompt either, they cannot be renamed in any method. These are system files for F.Fox. In this folder I have had several files that belongs to the long file...
  8. Huge "cache" file, is it safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Huge "cache" file, is it safe to delete?: I ran a CCleaner scan this morning and there is a 30 gig file that I sure am not using. Heres a snip of it: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/huge-cache-file-is-it-safe-to-delete/13bde00b-43ed-44cb-972e-80ff3e1eb449
  9. Cannot delete File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete File: Hi everyone I have been having some issues deleting a certain file from my computer. The image below shows the type of File as File, I have tried using command prompt, disk clean up, disk check for errors and plenty of other methods and yet it cannot be deleted. When I...
  10. Is deleting huge files daily a problem for my HDD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is deleting huge files daily a problem for my HDD?: Hey there, I download and delete a lot of huge movies and games daily. Can that slow down my HDD or possibly even increase it's failure chance? Currently, CrystalDiskInfo shows that my HDD's health is Good. I also checked it using command prompt and it's OK. I defragment...