Windows 10: Cannot delete a COMODO Antivirus driver

Discus and support Cannot delete a COMODO Antivirus driver in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was using IceDragon as an alternate browser for Firefox when, without my authorization, IceDragon updated itself and installed COMODO antivirus. As I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rzn6jw, Jul 10, 2019.

1. rzn6jw Win User

Cannot delete a COMODO Antivirus driver

I was using IceDragon as an alternate browser for Firefox when, without my authorization, IceDragon updated itself and installed COMODO antivirus. As I am running Norton Security, I didn't want COMODO running, too. Trying to uninstall the program through the normal control panel proved useless as it wouldn't uninstall (the only option coming up when trying to uninstall was 'Install COMODO').

I finally had to use RevoUninstaller to get rid of it (I thought). However, I find that there's a driver - cmdccav.sys - that's in my startup that I can't get rid of. Every time I try to delete the driver, it says that it's in use by another program. I used Process Explorer to try to find out what program it was but nothing came up.

How can I find out what program this driver is associated with? Other than that, how can I delete the driver?

Thanks.

:)

rzn6jw, Jul 10, 2019

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Comodo Firewall+Antivirus

hey guys i was downloading commodo for a rig in the house and it looks like they changed their package!!!! Comodo firewall + antivirus has been merged and is now comodo internet security for free no trials!!! of course they offer a pro version for sale but the free one i just as good only obviously without the 24/7 tech support and remote login here is the link!!

http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/download_cis.html

if you just want the firewall it isnt aailable from comodo but you can still get it from file hippo here

Download Comodo Internet Security 12.0.0.6818 for Windows - Filehippo.com

just figured id let you guys know i feel comodo is incredably powerfull and secure even though the learning stage of the firewall can get tiresome but at any rate leave a thnx if yo feel it necissary

Solaris17, Jul 10, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Cannot delete a COMODO Antivirus driver capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot delete a COMODO Antivirus driver - Similar Threads - Cannot delete COMODO

2. Question about Comodo Antivirus Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about Comodo Antivirus Update: If after comodo antivirus and firewall updated, I scared it will ruin my genshin game preinstallation and updates as new genshin version zip files will come inside my genshin impact folder. I don't want it quarantine genshin new version zip files will come inside genshin...
  3. Comodo Firewall Notification

Comodo Firewall Notification: When I go ahead and try to install Comodo Firewall i get a PUP block form Microsoft defender and Malwarebytes. Has anyone seen this before or know anything about it?...
  4. Cannot Access To Antivirus

Cannot Access To Antivirus: It says "Your IT Administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available." I am the owner of this computer and i have no idea what that is and why it's blocking me....
  5. Antivirus deletion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Antivirus deletion: Sir how to delete SysWOW64/msi.dll from my windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirus-deletion/461c37d1-1ae2-4096-a37c-485292e25b4e
  6. Antivirus and Driver Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Antivirus and Driver Update: Does antivirus and driver updates come with Microsoft Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirus-and-driver-update/8c5a0f85-d91a-42b0-89fb-7b4161d51a44
  7. I deleted antivirus accidentally

I deleted antivirus accidentally: I happened to delete the Windows 10 antivirus. Can I retrieve it in any way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-antivirus-accidentally/60ecd4b7-1db5-408a-a94c-7b1ccc923142
  8. cannot run antivirus

cannot run antivirus: Help I recently downloaded a Trojan virus that changed all my settings and privileges, as a result i cannot run windows antivirus, I have tried everything but it wont let me run/start/restart in servicesI have removed the Trojan but it still wont let me run antivirus Can...
  9. Comodo Firewall

Comodo Firewall: I am using Windows 7.I have Comodo firewall which is up to date.Recently the Action centre is asking me to choose a firewall.I click on the 'turn on Comodo' option but nothing changes. Thanks Paul...
  10. windows + comodo = problems?

windows + comodo = problems?: Admittedly I'd never thought of it til recently- now, every time I turn on the PC I check to see if Windows firewall is on. If it is, cool, if not, I turn it on. Awhile back, a family member advised me to install Comodo. Seems to have a lot of features, most important of...