Windows 10: Cannot delete a folder from File Explorer because it cannot be found

Discus and support Cannot delete a folder from File Explorer because it cannot be found in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot delete my old school's OneDrive for Business folder because I completely uninstalled the OneDrive for Business Application. Now every time on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by The Kevin R., Apr 4, 2019.

1. Cannot delete a folder from File Explorer because it cannot be found

I cannot delete my old school's OneDrive for Business folder because I completely uninstalled the OneDrive for Business Application. Now every time on startup and at random times I receive a pop up telling me the Synced Folder cannot be found. I have tried to find the remnants but have had no success. I have tried viewing the properties of the folder in search of its path but it leads to an empty folder. I have tried the WinRAR Archive method. I have searched in the registry, but I cannot find a solution. I can provide screenshots and more information if necessary.

:)

The Kevin R., Apr 4, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Cannot delete a folder from File Explorer because it cannot be found :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Cannot delete a folder from File Explorer because it cannot be found :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Apr 4, 2019
  3. Can't delete folder!

In an explorer window, goto Tools...folder options...view...hidden files and folders

rhythmeister, Apr 4, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Cannot delete a folder from File Explorer because it cannot be found

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

Cannot delete a folder from File Explorer because it cannot be found

1. Cannot delete a folder from File Explorer because it cannot be found - Similar Threads - Cannot delete folder

2. File Not Found - Cannot Be Deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Not Found - Cannot Be Deleted: I was trying to upload a picture directly to Website, but it wouldn't due to 'file not supported,' so I tried taking a screen shot and saving to my desktop through 'Paint' which still didn't work, but somehow the picture can now neither be opened nor deleted.How do I get rid...
  3. File Not Found - Cannot Be Deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Not Found - Cannot Be Deleted: I was trying to upload a picture directly to Website, but it wouldn't due to 'file not supported,' so I tried taking a screen shot and saving to my desktop through 'Paint' which still didn't work, but somehow the picture can now neither be opened nor deleted.How do I get rid...
  4. File Not Found - Cannot Be Deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. File explorer cannot delete files

File explorer cannot delete files: Ever since I got my pc, I am unable to delete any of the files I have temporarily downloaded on it. The download option is grayed out, and so is move to Recycle Bin. The files are taking up unnecessary space in my computer. Please assist with the same. [ATTACH]...
  6. Cannot Delete Folders/Files from Dowloads Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Delete Folders/Files from Dowloads Folder: I have fourteen folders in my Downloads folder that will not delete. Neither will the files inside of them. I keep getting a popup that says I need permission. I grant permission and it comes back with "Try Again", and keeps doing so, ad nauseum. I can delete any other file...
  7. "Ghost" folder icon in File Explorer that cannot be deleted

"Ghost" folder icon in File Explorer that cannot be deleted: I uninstalled Dropbox from several computers, which worked fine on all but one, a desktop PC on the latest version of Win 10. On this PC, it left a "ghost" folder icon named "dropbox" that looks like a white document: [ATTACH] I cannot delete it, as the right-click menu...
  8. How To Delete Folders and Files Explorer Cannot Find

How To Delete Folders and Files Explorer Cannot Find: Recently, I reorganized my Pictures folder. What was once in a sub-folder titled "AA. People and Pets" was copied into a new folder "Family". Once the transfer was made and verified, I deleted "AA. People and Pets." "Family" now contains about 1500 family photos. Weird...
  9. Deleting an empty file that cannot be found

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting an empty file that cannot be found: In my downloads folder, there's an empty file that I cannot delete. Whenever I try, Windows tells me that the item cannot be found. I then tried to delete it through CMD, which then tells me that the file does not exist. I made sure the filename was right by using Tab. I...
  10. Cannot Delete Folder - "Item Not Found"

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Delete Folder - "Item Not Found": This has got to be the most frustrating issue I've ever encountered. Second time in the last month. I'm trying to delete a folder on my F:\ drive. It has a long name: "Palomino Blackwing Leather Pencil Roll" It's now empty. I want to remove it from my hard drive....