Windows 10: Cannot delete a folder in Finder that doesn't exist in system

Discus and support Cannot delete a folder in Finder that doesn't exist in system in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Icloud installed in Win 10 Home V 1909 and my Finder window shows 8 separate folders for Icloud Photos in left hand panel under Quick Access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AbbeyDad, Jul 19, 2020.

1. AbbeyDad Win User

Cannot delete a folder in Finder that doesn't exist in system

I have Icloud installed in Win 10 Home V 1909 and my Finder window shows 8 separate folders for Icloud Photos in left hand panel under Quick Access pane. The 8 folders properties window point to location :

C:\Users\aoli7\OneDrive\Pictures\iCloud Photos

but this location does not exist in C drive. Trying to open folders brings error window saying folder does not exist and may have been moved or deleted.

Does anyone know how to delete a System folder from Finder list when the folder does not exist?

Many thanks in advance for any assistance. Cannot delete a folder in Finder that doesn't exist in system bb297244-2d2f-4746-bb98-a09613a8c9b9?upload=true.png

:)

AbbeyDad, Jul 19, 2020
  2. banditrvp Win User

Folder in library does not exist, cannot delete library folder

Thanks for the replies. Here's my update.

ArazelEternal: I ran SFC, DISM and CHKDSK on both the C & D drives. No problems reported and the folder remains in my Libraries Folder.
    Brink: Yes, I can turn off the Libraries folder in the backup set but that doesn't fix the problem of the non-existent folder remaining in the library. That's the folder I'm trying to remove. The images show what I'm seeing in the folders listing of File Explorer. The first image shows the message that pops up when I first clink on the Pictures folder that's highlighted. The second image is what I see when I right click and choose properties. As you can see in the D: drive listing, there is no Documents folder there.

Cannot delete a folder in Finder that doesn't exist in system [​IMG]

Cannot delete a folder in Finder that doesn't exist in system [​IMG]

banditrvp, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Cannot delete a folder in Finder that doesn't exist in system :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Cannot delete a folder in Finder that doesn't exist in system :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Goodman Win User

0 byte folder cannot be deleted Problem

+1
    That is the two thing i was about to suggest d/l & install Take Ownership or use Linux boot CD like , Puppy Linux should do just fine to delete it

Goodman, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot delete a folder in Finder that doesn't exist in system - Similar Threads - Cannot delete folder

2. Delete GPS routes finder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete GPS routes finder: I'm running a program GPS routes finder. I would like to get rid of it. But I can't delete it. I found out it came from.Google Play. Knowing this, is there anyway to get rid of it. From my Windows 10 computer.Thank you, for reading . . ....
  3. Delete GPS routes finder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete GPS routes finder: I'm running a program GPS routes finder. I would like to get rid of it. But I can't delete it. I found out it came from.Google Play. Knowing this, is there anyway to get rid of it. From my Windows 10 computer.Thank you, for reading . . ....
  4. Delete GPS routes finder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Ghost folder?, even system cannot delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ghost folder?, even system cannot delete: Hello, so I have found this folder hanging around on my D:\ drive.Now, I cannot delete it by normal means, because this shows up:I cannot also delete it by File Shredder, because it just stays and renames itself.The system also cannot delete it.How do I delete it?...
  6. Deleting an account that doesn't exist anymore.

Deleting an account that doesn't exist anymore.: I had a school account from the school I graduated from last year and no longer need to have access to it.The IT department of my school deleted the account the moment I graduated.Now I'm still getting e-mails saying that Microsoft doesn't have the authorisation for that...
  7. Cannot delete user folders for users that dont exist

Cannot delete user folders for users that dont exist: I have several folders under the USERS folder, but yet only have 2 user accounts set up. I have successfully been able to delete a few but some are refusing to delete saying they are in use, when they are not. The user account does not exist anymore on the PC and when I try...
  8. I cannot delete a folder that "does not exist" (but it does)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot delete a folder that "does not exist" (but it does): I tried to remove that folder using rmdir command in cmd, but it's no use. I haven't found other solutions on the Internet. So what else can I do?...
  9. I can't delete Windows.old folder - a subfolder doesn't exist

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't delete Windows.old folder - a subfolder doesn't exist: After the second wave of October Update, I can't delete the Windows.old because a sub-sub-sub-sub folder (hereinafter the X-folder). The X-folder I can't rename it, delete it or force delete through powershell (with admin right ofc). [img] PS: I rename the Windows.old...
  10. Folder in library does not exist, cannot delete library folder

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Folder in library does not exist, cannot delete library folder: The first clue that I have an issue. After doing a backup, the error log said "Backup encountered a problem while backing up file D:\Documents\Pictures. Error*SadSTATUS_WAIT_3 (0x80070003))"The Pictures Library contains a folder pointing to D:\Documents\Pictures, however,...