Windows 10: Cannot Delete a Folder

Discus and support Cannot Delete a Folder in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I try to delete the remaining folder after uninstalling a software in Program Files I get a message: "You require permission from SYSTEM to make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Hrant, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Hrant Win User

Cannot Delete a Folder

When I try to delete the remaining folder after uninstalling a software in Program Files I get a message:
    "You require permission from SYSTEM to make changes to this folder", although I'm the administrator.

Please help me to fix this problem.

:)

Hrant, Mar 4, 2016

2. Cannot Access or delete a folder

I tried the command takeown /F "M:\cfrbackup-GCZYARQW" /A but it failed and displayed an error.
    Cannot Delete a Folder [​IMG]

Here's the screenshot... "this folder is in M drive and has a weird name cfrbackup-GCZYARQW"

so do i need to change C:\WINDOWS\system32> to M drive or not.??

And Btw How do i run that registry script which u have given link to..??

MayankkDevkarr, Mar 4, 2016
  3. I cannot delete a folder in ApplData\Roaming.oit

Hi Wayne,

In order for us to find out what hinders you to delete a folder in ApplData\Roaming.oit, we would like to gather more information:

• Can you send us a screenshot of the error message?
    • Have you tried a different software to back up your files?
    • Why are you trying to delete a folder in ApplData\Roaming.oit?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Mar 4, 2016
  4. seek Win User

Cannot Delete a Folder

Did you try restarting your system yet and then try deleting?

seek, Mar 4, 2016
  5. Hrant Win User
    Yes, sure. After rebooting I get the same message.

Hrant, Mar 4, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Try right clicking at the folder > click Take Ownership > then try deleting again.

How to Add 'Take Ownership' to Context Menu in Windows 10
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

davidhk, Mar 4, 2016
  7. cereberus Win User
    This is where a live linux drive comes in handy.

cereberus, Mar 4, 2016
  8. Hrant Win User

Cannot Delete a Folder

Dear DAVIDHK, I tried the "Take Ownership". Unfortunately without success.

Hrant, Mar 5, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    What if you open the folder and delete the files which are inside the folder ?

If you manage to do that, then after all the files are deleted, you should be able to delete the empty folder.

davidhk, Mar 5, 2016
  10. cereberus Win User
    As alluded to, you can create a live linux drive (puppy linux is tiny (256 MB or so but fine for this), boot from it, use its file explorer equivalent to delete folder.

I always keep a small usb drive for this sort of job.

What folder are you trying to delete anyway?

cereberus, Mar 5, 2016
  11. Hrant Win User
    The matter is that I'm trying to delete the folder "Kaspersky Lab", which contains an empty folder "Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows SP1". The last has no files at all, including hidden files. As I cannot delete this folder I cannot re-install Kaspersky antivirus.

Hrant, Mar 5, 2016
  12. davidhk Win User
    Service articles: Removal tool to uninstall Kaspersky Lab products
    Removal tool for Kaspersky Lab products (kavremover)
    Excerpt:
    Some errors might occur when deleting Kaspersky Lab products via Start > Control Panel > Add\Remove Programs (Add/Remove Programs). As a result the application may not uninstall correctly or remnants of the application may remain in the system. In order to fully remove the installed Kaspersky Lab product, use the kavremover tool.

davidhk, Mar 5, 2016
  13. Cannot Delete a Folder

Have you tried Ccleaner that sometimes will do it
    If not Revo Uninstaller will remove it
    If I get a stubborn folder I go to my C drive then programs find it and get it out that way it might come up are you sure just click yes and you may have to do it twice
    Look in both lots of programs 64 and 86

hTconeM9user, Mar 5, 2016
  14. Hrant Win User

Hrant, Mar 5, 2016
  15. davidhk Win User
    The excerpt says : As a result the application may not uninstall correctly or remnants of the application may remain in the system. In order to fully remove the installed Kaspersky Lab product, use the kavremover tool.

I thought the tool would look for the remnants for removal even after you had Kaspersky uninstalled.
    That's how I understand it. No ?

davidhk, Mar 5, 2016
Thema:

Cannot Delete a Folder

1. Cannot Delete a Folder - Similar Threads - Cannot Delete Folder

2. Cannot Delete folder in windowsapps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Delete folder in windowsapps: I'm trying to delete "C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\Microsoft.HEVCVideoExtension_1.0.32762.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe". I have Full control under security, also checked advanced and it states Full control there. However when I try to delete any folder in windowsapps I get the...
  3. Cannot delete folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete folder: I am trying to delete a folder from my computer and I get the message that I have to have permission from "my computer name/wayne" Wayne is my middle name and for some reason that that is the name that the system has given me. I sure there is a way to change all that but I...
  4. Cannot Delete a folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Delete a folder: [ATTACH] New drive is created automatically [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-delete-a-folder/5aacf868-efc9-473e-bea1-7a5b0fd9c9c7
  5. Cannot delete folders

Cannot delete folders: I used to use Memeo backup and the backup files it created got into my OneDrive folder when Microsoft decided to put my Desktop in OneDrive. I have unlinked OneDrive, so I just have ordinary folders that contain the old Desktop folders. I have brought up an elevated command...
  6. Cannot delete folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot delete folders: I have a bunch of folders which either are empty or I want to delete it. But when I try to delete it, it says the folder’s in use (even though it’s not) or it just doesn’t pop any of windows or confirmation window out. So what exactly is happening? submitted by /u/kolbyng...
  7. Cannot delete folder

Cannot delete folder: I am the administrator and I cannot delete a folder. When I try to Change Ownership from SYSTEM [ATTACH] the window modal blinks and then Change is greyed out. [ATTACH] I've tried deleting from command prompt as well, but I get Access Denied....
  8. cannot delete folder

cannot delete folder: At my desktop, I create a folder but when I am going to delete the folder it shows an error message -"could not find this item". How can I solve this issue? Though I find an article on a website it does not fic my problem....
  9. Cannot delete folder

Cannot delete folder: I have seen a few posts about how to delete a file or folder when 'Item Not Found' and 'Could not find this item' dialogue appears, but the thread is locked. I have tried to follow the answer given, re command prompt, but could not make it work. I am not a skilled user in...
  10. Cannot delete a folder

Cannot delete a folder: I want to delete a folder but when I try I get the following message: Error 0x8007018B: Access to the cloud file is denied. The folder I am trying to delete is the one in red. Path is "This PC > Local Disk (C:) > Users > Merle > OneDrive > Documents > My Documents > Yuma...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to delete cfrbackup folder in windows 7 using cmf

2. nu vot

3. how to delete cfrbackup folder in windows