Windows 10: Cannot delete a zip file, cant be move to another location, cant check its properties...

Discus and support Cannot delete a zip file, cant be move to another location, cant check its properties... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I downloaded a zip file from Samsung Cloud, its a bunch of photos from my old phone, it's a trusted site and i dont know how it got corrupted when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lance Penar, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Cannot delete a zip file, cant be move to another location, cant check its properties...

I downloaded a zip file from Samsung Cloud, its a bunch of photos from my old phone, it's a trusted site and i dont know how it got corrupted when I successfully extracted it before this bug happened. Any solution on how to delete this zip file?

:)

Lance Penar, Mar 10, 2019

2. Cannot delete zip files

Hello,

I get those files sometimes that will not delete too; in fact I just had a video file that would not delete for me;

So here is what I recommend to delete the file.

Step 1: Open up "This PC"

Step 2: Right click on "Local Disk" It should be named that if it is not on your system then just right click on the drive lettered C: And then click properties.

Step 3: Under properties click the Tools tab and run disk check its called "Check"

This will run and automatically fix and delete files that are corrupt and will not delete off the file system.

You will have to restart the PC to complete this.

1029rjmenvy17t2, Mar 10, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    .zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/zip-unzip-files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Mar 10, 2019
  4. Cannot delete a zip file, cant be move to another location, cant check its properties...

How to retrieve photos from a zip file?

Hi,

As per the issue description you are facing issue in retrieving files from backup DVD. If you are facing issue in retrieving photos from zip file you may refer to the article mentioned below.

Zip and unzip files

Zip and unzip files

Please make sure that the services required for backup are running and set to automatic.

Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + R keys, type services.msc
    in run window and press Enter.

b. In services list, locate the following services and check if they are running.

- File history service.

- Volume shadow copy service.

c. If they are not running, right click the service and click properties.

d. Please select "Startup type" as "Automatic" and then click "Start" to manually start the service.

e. Click apply and ok.

Note: Please follow the above steps for both the services.

For restoring files from back up DVD you may follow the steps provided below and see if it helps you to restore them.

• Insert backup DVD.
    • Click on Windows key or Start icon present at the left bottom.
    • Type Backup in the search box.
    • Select Backup and restore from the list.
    • Click on restore my files dialog box, locate the files or folders you intend to restore. Click Next.

Cannot delete a zip file, cant be move to another location, cant check its properties... 134451.image1.jpg

There are three ways to find your files.

• Search: Type part of the name of the file you intend to restore. Click the found file or Select All to restore all of the found files. Click OK.

• Browse for Files: Click the backup name and then the folder that contained the original file. Click the found file and then click Add Files.

• Browse for Folders: Click this button to open a dialog box of folders. Click a folder to restore all of the files in that folder. Click Add Folder.

• Choose the location to which you want the files restored.

Cannot delete a zip file, cant be move to another location, cant check its properties... 134452.image2.jpg

You can either put the files back in their original location or in a new location. Select In the Following Location if you want to review the restored file before erasing your new version.

• Choose what to do with any preexisting copy of the file.

Cannot delete a zip file, cant be move to another location, cant check its properties... 134453.image3.jpg

If you restore a file to a location that already contains a file of the same name, you’ll be asked to choose one of the following:

• Copy and Replace: The file currently in the original location will be replaced by the file restored from backup.

• Don't Copy: The backed up version isn’t restored. Nothing changes.

• Copy, But Keep Both Files: The original file will stay as is, and the restored file will include (2) in the filename.

• Do This for All Conflicts: Select this check box if you’re restoring multiple files and want to apply the same choice to each duplicate filename.

• Click the link to view restored files.
    • Click Finnish to close the dialog box.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Cannot delete a zip file, cant be move to another location, cant check its properties...

1. Cannot delete a zip file, cant be move to another location, cant check its properties... - Similar Threads - Cannot delete zip

2. I cannot copy, move or delete a zip file in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot copy, move or delete a zip file in Windows 11: The prior post on this, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-files-in-windows-11/e9da9732-3285-46ee-8ba6-8e1c32680f86suggests it is a fault with Carbonite. However, I do not have Carbonite. Any left- or right-click on a zip file just shuts down explorer...
  3. I cannot copy, move or delete a zip file in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot copy, move or delete a zip file in Windows 11: The prior post on this, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-files-in-windows-11/e9da9732-3285-46ee-8ba6-8e1c32680f86suggests it is a fault with Carbonite. However, I do not have Carbonite. Any left- or right-click on a zip file just shuts down explorer...
  4. LeadingGanege cant delete its folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    LeadingGanege cant delete its folder: this application was downloaded while trying to download Spotify i uninstalled its software but now i cant delete it folder from C , i tried deleted it through cmd but nothing happened submitted by /u/ahmadmhasan [link] [comments]...
  5. cant open file location

cant open file location: Hi! im trying to open the file location for a file by right clicking it and underneath the open option should there be a open file location option right? well its not there does anybody know how to fix it? submitted by /u/EggminDev [link] [comments]...
  6. A file cant be moved, deleted, and renamed. Please help.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A file cant be moved, deleted, and renamed. Please help.: While I rearranged the video and music files to each folders, I noticed some files won't moved to different folder. The display message is actually telling me its working on it but it does not progress from 0%. I tried delete and rename them as well but within 5 seconds,...
  7. cant move files

cant move files: my primary hard drive is full i have a 2tb ssd installed in my desktop and multiple externals connected and now when i move files it says i dont have enough space but the space its listing is from my current full drive...
  8. i cant delete and move my files and folders

i cant delete and move my files and folders: i cant delete my files and folders from documents how can i fix these[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-and-move-my-files-and-folders/890c2065-e900-4ec5-a0c1-14c970841250
  9. Create ZIP file in another location

Create ZIP file in another location: I would like to create a zip file of the folders (on my C: drive) to my external HDD directly. Clarify: the ZIP file is directly made on the external HDD, because I want to minimize the wear to the SSD that was on my laptop submitted by /u/networkITcuriosity [link]...
  10. cant view items in zipped file

cant view items in zipped file: items on desktop are zip files and can not open them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-view-items-in-zipped-file/83d40d9c-61f6-4638-aad9-4d73ec79e9c7"