Windows 10: cannot delete an appdata folder due to permission

Discus and support cannot delete an appdata folder due to permission in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i have full control and permissions. when it asks me i tell it to go ahead. at the end it says i can't delete it without permission. literally have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/caterpillarfucker, Dec 21, 2020.

1. cannot delete an appdata folder due to permission

i have full control and permissions. when it asks me i tell it to go ahead.

at the end it says i can't delete it without permission.

literally have full permission on every single account. what in the fuck.

under user i'm already set to administrator.

submitted by /u/caterpillarfucker
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/caterpillarfucker, Dec 21, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused cannot delete an appdata folder due to permission :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well cannot delete an appdata folder due to permission :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Folder won't open due to permission issue

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I understand your concern. Let me help you.

I suggest you to sign out from the current account, restart the computer and log in with Administrators account and

check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to refer to the steps below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then click
      Properties.

• Tap or click the Security tab.

• Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

To open a file, you have to have the Read permission. To change the permissions of a file or folder, follow these steps.

Important you must be logged on as an administrator to change permissions on files and folders.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then tap or click
      Properties.

• Tap or click the Security tab.

• Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

• Tap or click Edit, tap or click your name, select the check boxes for the permissions that you must have, and then click
      OK.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us with more information and we’d be happy to help.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Dec 21, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

cannot delete an appdata folder due to permission

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

cannot delete an appdata folder due to permission

1. cannot delete an appdata folder due to permission - Similar Threads - cannot delete appdata

2. Cannot log in due to deleted ngc folder

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot log in due to deleted ngc folder: Hello guys,I deleted the ngc folder because of issues when adding a fingerprint and new pins. But I cannot log into Windows due to missing files in the ngc folder. The system just stuck after I pressed any key on the lock screen, did not ask for any pin. Tried to restore and...
  3. Cannot log in due to deleted ngc folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log in due to deleted ngc folder: Hello guys,I deleted the ngc folder because of issues when adding a fingerprint and new pins. But I cannot log into Windows due to missing files in the ngc folder. The system just stuck after I pressed any key on the lock screen, did not ask for any pin. Tried to restore and...
  4. Cannot log in due to deleted ngc folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Permissions: Cannot delete meaningless folder tree

in Windows 10 Support
    Permissions: Cannot delete meaningless folder tree: Greetings! Running Win 10. I am cleaning up from an old changeover to my present hardware. At the root of a non-system drive, I have a folder called "Program Files". This folder contains one folder called "ModifiableWindowsApps", which in turn contains nothing at all. I have...
  6. Deleting a folder in Appdata/Roaming/...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting a folder in Appdata/Roaming/...: I've uninstalled a password manager app called ''Myki'' from my pc but it has still a folder in hidden Appdata/Roaming/.. i dont want any traces left because i need a fresh reinstall.. deleting a folder in hidden Roaming folder cause any trouble? actually i've deleted it but...
  7. Deleting Folders In AppData

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting Folders In AppData: I asked this question in another subreddit already but I wanted some extra opinions just to be safe. So I uninstalled Zoom months ago because I didn’t want to use it on my laptop and I generally didn’t trust it. However, after looking through my laptops folders for other...
  8. This folder cannot be deleted and need permissions. Can I delete it?

This folder cannot be deleted and need permissions. Can I delete it?: In my computer now has three folder : 3aee90ad7421f4274d2db3 a88732416e1ce615e2 b0e71bf789a8f88380Each folder have the files: Windows10.0-KB4463927-x64 WinRAR archive Windows10.0-KB4463927-x64 XML document Windows10.0-KB4463927-x64-pkgProperties Text Document WSUSSCAN...
  9. Appdata folder cannot be found?

Appdata folder cannot be found?: Hello I would like to follow my path to get to the App Data folder but when I click through it it does not appear. I can only access it by typing windows R and then %appdata% but why can't I search it normally? Appdata Ordner kann nicht gefunden werden?
  10. Deleting the SendTo Folder from the AppData Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting the SendTo Folder from the AppData Folder: The SendTo folder is something that I do not use, including the one in the browser. Deleting the SendTo folder from the AppData folder does not crash the computer. It makes the computer no longer having the SendTo folder. In fact, I do not need help from this one....