Windows 10: Cannot delete an item from my desktop

Discus and support Cannot delete an item from my desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After installing an application (Tagging for Windows) which is an extension to Windows Explorer on a Win 10 a computer an icon lablled Tags is added to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SimonKravis2, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Cannot delete an item from my desktop

After installing an application (Tagging for Windows) which is an extension to Windows Explorer on a Win 10 a computer an icon lablled Tags is added to my desktop, which I can move about but not delete. No file corresponding to the icon appears in the c:\\Users\<UserName>\Desktop folder or in c:\\Users\Public\Desktop. Right clicking on the icon shows the options Open, Pin to Quick Access, Pin to Start and Create Shortcut. Clicking Open shows File Explore with the added options from Tagging for Windows. How can delete the Tags icon from the desktop?

:)

SimonKravis2, Feb 13, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Feb 13, 2019
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Outlook 2007 Deleted items

Hi there

@Take a guess

on IMAP if you set in the config operations for each account you have the problems with -- Root Folder -->INBOX there should then be a deleted items folder. Restart outlook and when you delete items they should then go to the deleted items folder. Use Empty folder to purge the email.

Outlook 2007 and 2010 will work the same

Step 1 in account config -->change-->advanced choose the last tab and then enter INBOX (in English should be Root Folder in the menu)

Cannot delete an item from my desktop [​IMG]

Step 2 now do New folder on tab 3 and create Deleted Items on the server for the account

Cannot delete an item from my desktop [​IMG]

Step 3 move mouse to newly created folder for deleted items - your deleted items should now go into that folder after you restart Outlook. You might have to move the underlined mail etc first and then purge.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Cannot delete an item from my desktop

Recovering a deleted email from the deleted items folder or Recycle Bin

Thank you for the suggestion. The only message I find at the bottom of the message list in the deleted items folder is "To find older messages, use Search". My search did not work.

Thanks.

ChandrasekarapuramRSubramaniam, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Cannot delete an item from my desktop

1. Cannot delete an item from my desktop - Similar Threads - Cannot delete item

2. items are marked for deletion at desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    items are marked for deletion at desktop: while selecting any items in desktop, message pops up for deletion requestDesktop icons are marked for deletion by default. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/items-are-marked-for-deletion-at-desktop/33dcbc04-7929-454d-97ce-f1a6e8538d0f
  3. items are marked for deletion at desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    items are marked for deletion at desktop: while selecting any items in desktop, message pops up for deletion requestDesktop icons are marked for deletion by default. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/items-are-marked-for-deletion-at-desktop/33dcbc04-7929-454d-97ce-f1a6e8538d0f
  4. Cannot delete items from desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete items from desktop: I am unable to delete items from my desktop. Whether I right click and hit delete, or drag them to the trash, they will be gone for a split second, the pop right back up on the desktop. Occasionally I will get a message that says words to the affect "If you delete this from...
  5. Cannot delete item from Quick Launch in Windows 10

Cannot delete item from Quick Launch in Windows 10: I have accidentally dragged a bookmarks folder from Firefox to the Quick Launch bar and cannot delete it.I've tried;- right-clicking on the item on the quick launch bar and selecting delete.- navigating to the quick launch folder and trying to delete the file there.- using...
  6. Cannot delete a folder from deleted items from Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete a folder from deleted items from Windows Mail: I am unable to permanently delete a folder from Windows Mail. I keep getting the error " The ***** folder could not be deleted"Version: 16005.14326.20206.0* Moved from Windows Live Mail...
  7. Cannot delete items from Recycle Bin in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot delete items from Recycle Bin in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you are unable to or can’t delete items, files, and folders from the […] This article Cannot delete items from Recycle Bin in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Item on Desktop won't delete

Item on Desktop won't delete: I have an item on my Desktop. It used to have the image of a folder over the last few days, but just now I looked at it and it looks like a document page? In any case, I'm not able to delete it via any means that I know of. I searched here last night and found a few...
  9. Cannot Delete PDF from Desktop

Cannot Delete PDF from Desktop: I have tried the following: -Restarting my computer -Turning off the preview pane -Pressing shift+delete -Punching my screen -Snapping my fingers -Wiggling my nose -Putting tape on the screen to cover the file -Yelling at my computer -Closing my eyes -Calling my IT...
  10. Delete desktop item but the icon stays

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete desktop item but the icon stays: Just that. I have several short cuts on the desktop, some of which are downloads. Once I have finished with the shortcut I delete it (I'm asked to confirm deletion) but the icon is still there. If I then try to delete it again I'm told that it doesn't exist or has moved....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete item on desktop on my phone