Windows 10: Cannot delete an .SLP file

Discus and support Cannot delete an .SLP file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there! I had installed Server 2019 on Hyper-V . I deleted it and also attempted to delete other related files. Basically I followed the proper... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by selim, May 4, 2021.

1. selim Win User

Cannot delete an .SLP file

Hi there! I had installed Server 2019 on Hyper-V . I deleted it and also attempted to delete other related files. Basically I followed the proper procedure to delete a VM. This is not the first time I have done this either. I had no issues before but this time it will not let delete an .slp file: 7240B4D9-F23E-4E7A-B86F-1B57CBCE7A8F.0000000000000000.slp file location: C:\VirtualMachine\WindowsServer2019\WinSer2019\Virtual Machines\7240B4D9-F23E-4E7A-B86F-1B57CBCE7A8F It says: You need permission to perform this action. I am an admin on my computer. I restarted a few times already. I even completely removed Hyper-V. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

:)

selim, May 4, 2021
  2. selim Win User

Hi there!

I had installed Server 2019 on Hyper-V . I deleted it and also attempted to delete other related files. Basically I followed the proper procedure to delete a VM. This is not the first time I have done this either. I had no issues before but this time it will not let delete an .slp file:
    7240B4D9-F23E-4E7A-B86F-1B57CBCE7A8F.0000000000000000.slp
    file location:
    C:\VirtualMachine\WindowsServer2019\WinSer2019\Virtual Machines\7240B4D9-F23E-4E7A-B86F-1B57CBCE7A8F

It says: You need permission to perform this action.

I am an admin on my computer. I restarted a few times already.

I even completely removed Hyper-V.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

selim, May 4, 2021
  3. File: D:\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MSDallas_1.3.14215.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Assets\SLP\b_all_market_x2.slp

Ask Google like so:

What is an .slp file

Frederik Long, May 4, 2021
  4. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Cannot delete an .SLP file - Similar Threads - Cannot delete SLP

2. Cannot delete files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete files: I have a backup on my portable drive, where some files cannot be deleted, not with WinRar nor renaming at the Command Prompt either, they cannot be renamed in any method. These are system files for F.Fox. In this folder I have had several files that belongs to the long file...
  3. Cannot delete files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete files: I have a backup on my portable drive, where some files cannot be deleted, not with WinRar nor renaming at the Command Prompt either, they cannot be renamed in any method. These are system files for F.Fox. In this folder I have had several files that belongs to the long file...
  4. Cannot Delete Files on Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Delete Files on Desktop: My mom attempted to download 2 pdf files on to her desktop. It appears that they did not fully download and during download she deleted the email containing the files. The files are showing as being in use by the system process in windows. I verified that file explorer does...
  5. File explorer cannot delete files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer cannot delete files: Ever since I got my pc, I am unable to delete any of the files I have temporarily downloaded on it. The download option is grayed out, and so is move to Recycle Bin. The files are taking up unnecessary space in my computer. Please assist with the same. [ATTACH]...
  6. Cannot delete file.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot delete file.: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/ehsf6bfozi851.png?width=357&format=png&auto=webp&s=b484c137d909e935316141ddfb9f2a578728aef1 Before you ask, yes, i've tried changing the owner on the folder and no, it doesn't help at all. This is a screenshot of the file itself, I'm the...
  7. Cannot delete file

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete file: My file explorer (or whatever they call it nowadays) shows me a pdf file in a particular "documents" folder which has 0 bytes. For some reason I cannot delete it nor the folder it is in. I keep getting the message: "Could not find this item. This is no longer located in xxx...
  8. Cannot delete a file

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete a file: Hello,Cannot delete some file the normal way or in admin power shell. It sits there from some days ago.When trying to delete it, I get an answer "it is opened in windows explorer".(If windows explorer is closed, I cannot see the file).Location of the file "C:/users/(my...
  9. Cannot delete File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete File: Hi everyone I have been having some issues deleting a certain file from my computer. The image below shows the type of File as File, I have tried using command prompt, disk clean up, disk check for errors and plenty of other methods and yet it cannot be deleted. When I...
  10. Cannot delete file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot delete file: I use gvim to edit a file named "expr.ml" and somehow another file named "expr.ml~" appears beside "expr.ml". I tried to delete "expr.ml~" but with no luck. I've tried: Right click > Delete. It says "Preparing to cancel" (Cancel what?!) while at the same time "Preparing...